Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Hunter Star Block Swap >

Scrappy Hunter Star Block Swap

Scrappy Hunter Star Block Swap

Old 08-07-2016, 12:33 PM

Will the color always be gold and white?
Old 08-07-2016, 01:33 PM

vovoa, no, not always gold, that was just an example. Use any color you want on the dark side, it's scrappy.

Jane, I loved being in your 30's and batiks D4P swaps, along with your Jacob's Ladder swap (Bonnie Hunter Floribunda). I was thinking of joining this one, but I don't have many lights in my stash. But
your post picturing the blocks you've made looks like you are using 'mediums' for the 'light' side of the block. For example, your blocks with green both look like they have a 'medium' green-- but the one block uses the 'medium' green for the 'light' side, while the other block uses it for the 'dark' side. Does the light side just need to be lighter than the dark side-- that's all? If that's the case, maybe I'll join next month! :-) Let me know.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:54 PM

Here are my completed blocks for this month. I chose to only complete one set of six but now I wish I had the time to make more! Oh well..... there is always next month!
Attached Thumbnails 20160807_180911.jpg  
Old 08-07-2016, 06:19 PM

Ok, well i guess I'm not smart enough to figure out where to send blocks to . Im having no luck with this. So idk.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:47 AM

Have you found the link to private messages?

If not, go to the very first post in this thread. The author of the post is jclinganrey, and you will see her name highlighted in blue (to the left of the post). Click on her name and a drop down menu will appear. One of the options on the drop down menu is "private message". Click on that and it will take you to a screen where you can write a private message to her, stating that you are done with your blocks and need her address. After composing your message, hit send and you are good to go.

Jclinganrey will then private message you back. There is a link at the very top of every page, a little towards the right that says "notifications". If there is a (1) after that, you have a private message. Click on the "Notifications" and it will take you to your private message.

I hope this helps! I am tech challenged and need to be hand held a lot, especially when it comes to working my smart phone Anyway, please don't hesitate to let me know if you need more help.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:29 AM

Thank you i will give it a try. ÷)
I wish i knew computers better.
Thanks again. DL
Old 08-08-2016, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
vovoa, no, not always gold, that was just an example. Use any color you want on the dark side, it's scrappy.

Jane, I loved being in your 30's and batiks D4P swaps, along with your Jacob's Ladder swap (Bonnie Hunter Floribunda). I was thinking of joining this one, but I don't have many lights in my stash. But
your post picturing the blocks you've made looks like you are using 'mediums' for the 'light' side of the block. For example, your blocks with green both look like they have a 'medium' green-- but the one block uses the 'medium' green for the 'light' side, while the other block uses it for the 'dark' side. Does the light side just need to be lighter than the dark side-- that's all? If that's the case, maybe I'll join next month! :-) Let me know.

A couple of the blocks I made may be a bit of a stretch. If the group ((and I wouldn't be offended in the least)) feels some of the blocks are not light enough - not enough dark/light contrast - I will keep them for myself. No problem.

I was using this as a reference.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555594[/ATTACH]

Even in the quilt above, IMHO, I think the block in the top left corner doesn't have enough light/dark contrast.

Whatever the group wants to do is fine with me.

Let me know and we will make a collective decision.
Attached Thumbnails scrappy-hunter-star-quilt1.jpg  
Old 08-08-2016, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom View Post
Here are my completed blocks for this month. I chose to only complete one set of six but now I wish I had the time to make more! Oh well..... there is always next month!

Just beautiful!!! Great job!
Old 08-08-2016, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ok, well i guess I'm not smart enough to figure out where to send blocks to . Im having no luck with this. So idk.
Thanks, Wholeheart Mom for offering such great instructions. Don't know that I would have been as thorough.

DMLNGBRK1216 - if her instructions don't get you to the right spot, let me know.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by vovoa View Post
Will the color always be gold and white?
As Givio said, no, that was just an example. Please look through the pictures posted of scrappy Hunter's Star quilts or Google to find many examples.

We would love to have you join in the fun!!