Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Second Pincushion Swap, mail deadline Oct. 31st,  A collection of pictures of pincushions on page 8, Don't forget to post pictures so we can all see and pm or post on board when you receive your pincushion.  Thanks >

Second Pincushion Swap, mail deadline Oct. 31st, A collection of pictures of pincushions on page 8, Don't forget to post pictures so we can all see and pm or post on board when you receive your pincushion. Thanks

Second Pincushion Swap, mail deadline Oct. 31st, A collection of pictures of pincushions on page 8, Don't forget to post pictures so we can all see and pm or post on board when you receive your pincushion. Thanks

Old 10-30-2010, 03:06 PM

Got my pincushion yesterday from Jennifer22206. It so adorable and I just love the flowers on it. So cool to have yellow and purple on it. Thank you.

I thought I had the camera/computer all worked out, but I guess not. So when DH gets home from work 7pm, I'll have him look at it again.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:51 PM

thank you for poasting the picture... and also thank you for the birthday gifts.........Jacie
Old 10-30-2010, 03:56 PM

I got my pincushion today, from MissM!!! It is adorable, from the little details, like the buttons to the fabric she used. Unfortunately, I have to say, the extra goodies she sent are what had me really jumping up and down!!! Check out the beautiful blocks! And I just could not get a good picture that shows the details, so you'll have to believe me when I say they are so much more adorable in real life. Hand sewn with such even stitches! I really inspected them closely as I recently finished my first experiments with hand applique and fancy stitches, I don't know what I enjoyed more, the front or learning from the back! Thank you thank you, really, I'm so happy right now!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116037.jpe   attachment-116038.jpe   attachment-116039.jpe  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Well, I was finally able to get together with one of our members who was my pin cushion swap partner for October. We live about 50 miles apart and decided to meet for lunch about half way between us. I was very nervous, but as it turned out, we spent 3 hours together and went shopping at a thrift store and Wal-Mart. It was wonderful. We both felt like we had known each other for a long time. My DH went with us and we are all animal lovers. Had lots of stories to share. I am so happy and absolutely thrilled at the pin cushions "Amazon" made. She made me a thread catcher, pin cushion and gadget holder, a cupcake pin cushion, and an "Alabama" pin cushion with safety pins in it. She also gave me a note pad and pen, a leather thimble and a purple fat quarter. She is so talented. Thank you my new friend for making this meeting so special. My partner made some extras because it is close to my birthday and she said they were birthday presents. She does beautiful work. Made mine look like a 1st grader. Thanks again, my new friend.

Daphne and I after Dinner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116253[/ATTACH]

My new friend, Daphne (isn't she beautiful?)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116255[/ATTACH]

My Pin Cushions and birthday gifts - look closely in lower left corner for matching thread catcher
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116258[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116248.jpe   attachment-116250.jpe   attachment-116253.jpe  
Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 AM

How wonderful that you two met! Sounds like you had a great time!

Anyone live close to York, PA?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 AM

OK, I was all set to take pictures of the pretty kitty pin cushion Mariposa sent me and a picture on the one I sent to her. Now the camera is missing.....OY! Will try to post them tonight or tomorrow!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 AM

What great fun to meet with someone on the board. Isn't it interesting to find someone who has a lot of the same likes as you do? Wow what a celebration and lovely gifts you received!!!
I met with Craftybear in July when I was in Marion,IN for the Quilters Hall of Fame celebration. It was great! I know one person here whom I told about the board and she joined, and also know that there is someone else here in Martinsville,IN that joined the board but don't know who she is.
Janis
Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 PM

Just returned from our annual trunk or treat at our church, Whew, candy overload. So just now getting to post. I have wanted to meet someone from the board and now I have had the chance. Donna/twinkie and her DH/Scott are absolutely the nicest folks. Had the most wonderful lunch, shopping at WM and a thrift store. That was the best afternoon I have spent in awhile, I felt like they were old friends and we picked up where we left off last. Contrary to what Donna thinks, she is very talented! Just look at what she made for me. This beautiful teacup and saucer pincushion( the fabric looks like it was made for it) and this flannel thread catcher and pincushion & last but not least this Christmas angel ornament, can't wait to hang her on my tree. :oops: and this sagey scroll patterned FQ also. Needed more for a quilt I am working on for my mother and I haven't been able to find any. This is just what I needed. Thanks again Donna for all of my goodies and looking forward to our next get together. :-D

swap goodies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116860[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116855.jpe  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM

Wow Amazon...you hit the jackpot! Glad you had fun! :D
Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 PM

I got my pincushion today from ICON17 and it is the coolest thing I have ever seen.....seriously...it is TOO cute! You know it's cute when your 17 year old daughter says "Oh Mom..that pin cushion is so cute". I also got a cute card and a couple of fat quarters :D
Thank you ICON17!!! Here are the pics....enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117096.jpe   attachment-117097.jpe