Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 >

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Old 03-26-2013, 09:16 AM

I'm going to be dining on a delicious dinner tonight - a church a few towns over is having a fundraiser..... do you know what these are? YMMO I can't wait for the day to get over.
Attached Thumbnails ebelskivers-lingonberry-jam.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM

Careful with Mucinex. If you take it longer than you need it, you put yourself through unneeded coughing and hacking.

I hope you both feel better fast!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM

That is what happened to me using Mucinex, which the doctor told me to take, but then when I stopped all the sinus stuff came back. It just doesn't work on me I guess and alka seltzer I'd be forever hugging to porcelain god. Do feel a little better today, like half the semi is gone so that's good. I'd probably feel a whole lot better if you'd send me some of those little goodies dabbler, looks like they could make anything better. When's the next swap, I'm ready
Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 PM

I missed the message to ship so mine will go tomorrow!!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
I'm going to be dining on a delicious dinner tonight - a church a few towns over is having a fundraiser..... do you know what these are? YMMO I can't wait for the day to get over.

Oh yes, I know exactly what those are! Ebelskivers! That reminds me, I have 2 cans of mix in my pantry. We may be having some for dessert tonight ourselves!

I also got a recipe book for them at Christmas from World Market. We have one of those special pans we brought back from Denmark to cook them in too that we've never used.

Last edited by DustysMomma; 03-26-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 PM

Finally getting my flooring out in this week, April 3 will be two months since the great flood. The laminate flooring is being put in tomorrow and they will be here for two days, the kids will be at Grandmas thankfully. I took my desk and set it up in my daughter's room so I will have three days of uninterrupted sewing. I have a birthday dress for my oldest to make by Saturday.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM

Dusty'smom never heard of it before, especially in a can. If you have it would you send me that recipe please? Would love to try and make them, they look so yummy!! sikesjj I hope your revamp goes well for you and your life gets back to normal soon.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:01 PM

Well Jaba, you have to have the special pan to make them too. Here's a link to one though:

http://www.norprowebstore.com/specia...-3114-553.aspx

Here's the mix we got at World Market:

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/m...o?&from=Search

This is the cookbook I have for them:

http://www.amazon.com/Ebelskivers-Da...ivers+cookbook

If you do the "click to look inside" on the cover photo, there is a good bit of information on them (including how to handle the batter and how to turn them), and one of the last things in the preview is 2-3 recipes. Traditionally, ebelskivers are filled with what amounts to homemade apple pie filling and then dusted with powdered sugar. I've had them plain, with fruit filling, and with Nutella. You can also make them savory though. One of the most traditional savory versions is smoked salmon & dill.

My boyfriend is from Denmark, where these originated, so we usually get these at some point when we visit his family. Different regions of Denmark have their specialties in each traditional food, just like we do in barbecue in the US. The difference might be in what the primary spice is, or what meat is served with a traditional dish. This is usually influenced by the region's closest neighboring country. Where my boyfriend grew up has gone back and forth between the Danish and German government for hundreds of years, so there is a strong German influence in that region. On the Copenhagen side, there is more of a Swedish influence. It's the difference between having sausage with the traditional New Year's meal or ham.

In Danish, the word is aebelskiver, or literally "apple slices". It's pronounced able-ski-ver. No matter how you say it, they're good!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:31 AM

DM - I went to the AEbelskiver dinner last night - sorry to say I've been spoiled for years by home made; my great grandma was from Denmark and the recipe she brought with her uses yeast to make the batter - I would be happy to share her recipe with you if you're interested. I've tried several other recipes that use baking powder/soda in the batter and no yeast; the yeast recipe is my favorite. My expectations were high for dinner last night - dinner company was the best - saw old friends and the fundraiser is a good cause. Thanks for posting above links for recipe and pan.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 AM

dab, I would love to have that recipe also. Even though I don't have the a-pan, I might find one one day.