Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-19-2009, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by Hunnib
I received my SS package today! Wow...it traveled all the way from Iowa, otherwise known as the American Heartland or the Food Capital of the World!

I wonder if I should check the box for perishable food? ...hmmm
I'm thinking IF you check, you need to rewrap it and send it to me! Need my addy? lol
Nah...I figured out your game a few pages back where you were trying to "trick" people into thinking they had to send their packages to you, like it was just the second step of the SS swap. Isn't that considered a "naughty"? I heard the little elves were watching and that they were everywhere so don't think you can hide, lol!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:13 PM

Hunnib....my secret santa package came from Iowa too. Have you noticed we have numerous folks in this bunch from Iowa and alot that don't give any clue where they are......very confusing!!!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:15 PM

ME? NAUGHTY?? NEVER!! lol

Do you REALLY think those packages came from Iowa? They could have gone by way of pebble with swimming geckos lol
Old 11-19-2009, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by gramqlts
I bet the folks at post ofc opened one corner and ate your goodies and then taped the other stuff back up......lol
You know, gramqlts...The corner of my package WAS lifted. My dh doesn't know that I've noticed him watching me like a hawk to make sure I don't peel it back a little bit further.

I'm acting like I don't know that he's watching me. (Thinking to myself...now why in the world did I tell him I had to wait until Dec. 13th to open this box! If I hadn't opened my big mouth, he would be in here with the scissors or a knife to help me get into it right away!!)
Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 PM

Got my package today. PM to Terri- she said I couldn't open it, even though it didn't say DO NOT OPEN :!: :!: :!: :!:

That's not fair- it didn't say NO!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Got my package today. PM to Terri- she said I couldn't open it, even though it didn't say DO NOT OPEN :!: :!: :!: :!:

I told you in PM....You already said you got a package so you cannot open it. I checked for you and confirmed that it was indeed your SS, so now you have to wait like the rest of us. You REALLY don't want me to come and get it from you, do you? I have your addy and I can just hop on my broom, er, I mean my jet and get it. lol
Old 11-19-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by sapdoggie

I told you in PM....You already said you got a package so you cannot open it. I checked for you and confirmed that it was indeed your SS, so now you have to wait like the rest of us. You REALLY don't want me to come and get it from you, do you? I have your addy and I can just hop on my broom, er, I mean my jet and get it. lol

Only if you bring me all the others sent to you by mistake - those who opened theirs or those who are afraid they can't wait- h-mmmmmmmmmm wonder how many we could gather :?: :?: :?: :?:
Old 11-19-2009, 07:24 PM

received mine - it's teasing me from the closet...and i see that the one i sent has been received :)
Old 11-19-2009, 07:26 PM

Hunnib....my secret santa package came from Iowa too. Have you noticed we have numerous folks in this bunch from Iowa and alot that don't give any clue where they are......very confusing!!!!!
gramqlts, you know...you might be onto something. I wonder if we should look for evidence that it's really a SS package???
Old 11-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I bet the folks at post ofc opened one corner and ate your goodies and then taped the other stuff back up......lol
This could really happen as it did happen to me not once but twice. After moving to Ohio we wanted REAL food, you can;t get in Ohio so I placed an order with Katz's deli in NY. Katz's Deli was in the movie When Harry met Sally. Anyway I ordered salami and pastrami and tons of other food including a NY special Dr Bowns celery soda. The box arrived and the soda was missing along with all the potato knishes and hot dogs. There was a note from Fedex saying the box got damaged in New Jersey. I called Katz's and since the box was opened they resent everything I wasn't taking a chance that other food might have been messed with. The box arrived and once again it had been open with food missing. There was a note once again saying it was damaged in New Jersey. Once again Katz's replaced it but this time they sent it with a different carrier. The funniest thing was the day it was delivered it arrived by limo. It was shipped to Cincinnati airport and Katz's had a limo company pick it up and deliver it to me, they said they wanted to make sure it arrived the third time without being opened it New Jersey because both times it was opened at the same Fedex station. I guess the workers all had lunch with my food. by the way the food was yummy!!!!!