Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-24-2009, 06:17 PM

JBS - Why of course I am here! I think???? Life is crazy - when you are retired are you not supposed to take a nap at least every afternoon? Or whenever? I have not yet found the time............

I just found a couple of things that were supposed to go with the SS - hmmmm maybe I could add to the confounding going on around here.....eh?
HO HO HO
Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by joannl
Well... I don't think getting EXTRA SS packages is mean, sounds like a NICE thing for someone to do!
jo

:lol: :lol: I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it isn't means if someone took the time an effort to send an extra special SS to someone they weren't SS too. Even if the package does contain frogs or mice or lizards.
Exactly, lots of people LIKE frogs & mice & lizards. Especially if those frogs, mice or lizards are on fabric.
jo
Old 11-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by rein
JBS - Why of course I am here! I think???? Life is crazy - when you are retired are you not supposed to take a nap at least every afternoon? Or whenever? I have not yet found the time............

I just found a couple of things that were supposed to go with the SS - hmmmm maybe I could add to the confounding going on around here.....eh?
HO HO HO

Join the fun send your person another pressie, especially if it is me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by trupeach
Well... I don't think getting EXTRA SS packages is mean, sounds like a NICE thing for someone to do!
jo

:lol: :lol: I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it isn't means if someone took the time an effort to send an extra special SS to someone they weren't SS too. Even if the package does contain frogs or mice or lizards.
Exactly, lots of people LIKE frogs & mice & lizards. Especially if those frogs, mice or lizards are on fabric.
jo
That would be a pretty fabric with frogs and mice and lizards. I could picture it with flowers and a few butterflies. It would look like a meadow.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:53 PM

Well, I've been quietly watching this board, especially since my SS package is sitting so quietly in front of the fireplace and behaving so well. No need to irritate things and get it riled up. We had a lovely little discussion a day or so after its arrival: how I expected it to sit quietly and not be difficult. And if it did that, I would locate a nice, warm spot near all the "action" in the house so it could watch and wait for opening day.

I periodically go over and gently give it a hug and tell it how good it is behaving. This afternoon it whispered to me that I will be happy on opening day. I know *wink*.

Sending healing prayers in Shadow's direction ... thankfully, she has many of us who love and care for her and that will make all the difference in her recovery.

Now, to get the "battle plan" together for Turkey Day ... have to make pies tomorrow -- apple & coconut cream. Daughter #1 is making pumpkin. After that, it's up to hubby to cook that bird ... a 25 pound Amish bird. His name is "Amos", and I believe he will be deee-lissssshhhhh!

Old 11-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Well, well, well......I didn't get much sleep last night...Why you ask???? Its because the 2 boxes had gotten together and started discussing who was the REAL box and who was the IMPOSTER box...I finally had to get up and separate them! Who knew that you could have a reasonable discussion with them when you first get it and it would sit quietly by the fireplace???? I didn't...so that didn't happen...geesh....I gotta remember that for next year!! :roll:

I'm sure glad to hear that some people like frogs and lizards and the like...wonder why someone got so upset when I offered to send them a frog a couple of weeks ago????
Old 11-25-2009, 05:55 AM

Sure has been a lot of fun reading the exchanges here. Sounds like mousey and trupeach have really been enjoying this swap.

My package sits quietly on the highest shelf in my sewing room, not making a noise. Funny, but I am tempted and didn't think I would be. I keep thinking "it's gotta be wrapped".
Old 11-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Of course it is NOT wrapped!!! Don't open....don't open....Terri and Shadow will come find you!! :lol:
Old 11-25-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Of course it is NOT wrapped!!! Don't open....don't open....Terri and Shadow will come find you!! :lol:
DO NOT OPEN!!!! <being said in loud booming voice.> lol
Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 AM

rofl - I heard a loud booming voice coming from my kitchen. I must be losing it!