Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

OH gosh....that chile does sound reeeeeelllllyyyyy bad. Here we have a much better idea.....we just fry everything to disguise the taste. We know that by the time we figure out we don't like it, we'll all be dead from heart attacks... :roll: ...or just so fat, we won't care :roll:

I'm gonna put Lurkingdom on my list of "must see" places :D
Old 10-15-2009, 05:03 AM

I love it. My 3 year GS says this all the time. It is funny how they can use words in right context. I have heard of Cincinnatic chili. Don't want that on spaghetti. Know there are followers but good ole Texas Red is great. Some people make it so hot it will burn the hair off your chest but it is good. DH says I need to enter mine in contest. I have now perfected my cornbread dressing & I still make bread that you stuff in the turkey. This is funny, when I first got married my DH wanted creamed potatoes so I made him little potatoes with a cream sauce (like mama made) well he wanted mashed potatoes. I told him I need more information about what he wanted. Like I said Kansas born mama. When my grandmother moved to Texas, lady down the street told her she was gonna carry her to town & GM thought she was really gonna pick her up & carry her. We southerners has some crazy sayings just like yankees. WE go get a coke no matter what kind, yankees get a pop. I think it is Jeff Foxworthy that has abook about southern sayings. It is hilarious.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 AM

Never heard of Lurkingdom. I thought she was teasing at 1st. Son didn't learn that in world geoarphy last year. Have to look that one up. Did it use to be called something else like Poland is no longer Poland.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:12 AM

No Debra....I'm a Yankee born and raised. I get a Coke...NEVER a pop. Gotta be somewhere else in the north cuz it's NOT New England!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

I drink Sodas.....
Old 10-15-2009, 05:25 AM

Sister in law from Pensalyvania. That what she says.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:32 AM

I'm a Yankee It's soda.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

soda for me but I am a NY girl out here in the boonies of ohio they say pop. i never knew i needed a passport to live here.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:10 AM

A dear friend lived in Maine many years ago,dh worked construction. One day she made pinto beans hamhocks & the kids's friends were there so they ate with them. They thought it was bean soup. Nephew worked in Georgia a few years ago & couldn't find chicken fried steak like we make in Texas. I told him to find a soul food resturant or ask for breaded cutlet. He was starving. Finally found what he wanted. Just gotta know what to ask for.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:08 AM

Here in Michigan, we say "pop", but I've noticed that people who have lived in other areas of the country and move back will say "soda".

As for chili, in my house, DH and I both grew up in the same hometown here. He makes his with chili powder (ughhhhh ... disgusting!) and I don't. I prefer mine thicker and he likes his thinner. We both eat it with peanut butter bread (like they gave us in school cafeteria -- no butter, just two pieces of bread with peanut butter between. Our kids think we're nuts!). BUT, no matter who makes it next time, it will all be gone no matter what!