Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-21-2009, 03:36 PM

thats a good idea :lol: maybe not to long though. but would be helpful if sending candy or x-mas stuff like truepeach said.

AtHomeSewing are you also signed up for the secret quilt angel?? because I think this would be a wonderful idea for that thread since it would be a year long event.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

You guys need to remember not to make this more work than it already is for SD.

If you want to know more about your partner, when you get one...you can click on their name, read their profile (if they filled one out..shame on me I haven't)..or better yet....just read some of their posts/threads..loook at what they have bookmarked...You can learn a ton about someone by what they have written here on the board.....AND...they will never know how you figured out they like " green frilly froggies" or whatever... With that being said...I better go see what goofy stuff I have left laying around this board :roll:
Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM

well another thought is that it is only for one gift not several like the secret quilting angel.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Why would this make more work? I would not want more work for SD at all!

Couldn't we members just make up some silly questions and put them up for individual participants to answer as they like. Or just put up a thread and tell about ourselves or whatever? I realize that SD must be swamped with a mountain of players here, but really we don't need much more than the ideas suggested, anyone could start a thread, and invite all participants to just reply, they certainly do not have have to, nor do they need to be rounded up to participate, just a thread where we can all talk about some personal preferences and interests.

If there is any interest in this, and if the hostess blesses the idea, I would volunteer to think up some questions if that would help.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

sounds good to me
Old 10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing

Couldn't we members just make up some silly questions and put them up for individual participants to answer as they like. Or just put up a thread and tell about ourselves or whatever? I realize that SD must be swamped with a mountain of players here, but really we don't need much more than the ideas suggested, anyone could start a thread, and invite all participants to just reply, they certainly do not have have to, nor do they need to be rounded up to participate, just a thread where we can all talk about some personal preferences and interests.

If there is any interest in this, and if the hostess blesses the idea, I would volunteer to think up some questions if that would help.
I don't see who this would be more work for Shadow I am more then willing to help make up questions. Like is it hot or cold where they live I wouldn't want to send a bikini to someone in Alaska or Mittens to someone in Mexico. All it is is another thread you don't have to answer the questions if you don't want to. Also this way we will get to know other people not just the person your SS too. If you look at profiles a lot of people have nothing written so we can't know them. If they chose not to answer the questions they have every right to not do it. I think questions would just add to the fun. But that's just my opinion
Old 10-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing

I think there will be concern that we don't want to have Santa's worrying, that they have to get 'exact' things/preferences on somebodies list. PPL may have already made purchases.
Patti can correct this if I'm off base, but if we put up another thread, a moderator has to read it all...do the 'mod.' thing. I think that might be what she meant by, more work.
As fun as it sounds, and could be, I vote not to get info this way. hugs, it's just my mousie opinion. :wink:
Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gramadona
Oh, Oh, I wanna do this!
Is it too late?
Can I still join?
Did I miss it?
Oh no.......
gramadona, join away! your not late at all. woo hoo, one more...happy dance, happy dance... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-21-2009, 11:49 PM

QC...Thanks! I did it!
Woo hoo! :P
Now to finish my chicken
blocks and get them in
the mail. :roll:
Old 10-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

My concern is not that SD would have to read another thread..its that SD will have to answer a million questions about.."if Sally said she only likes decaf..could I send regular to the rest of her family?"...Its back to the old trying to only match up pet owners with pet owners. :roll:

I don't mind the other thread at all..in fact...go for it. Just remember that this is just 1 silly gift for 1 person and its all just for the fun of it. If Sally gets regular and doesn't/won't/can't drink it...for heavens sakes, just throw it away, thank your Santa profusely and go on down the road! ..don't get so serious..and above all else...have fun!

Now..I'm backing away from the soap box and I'll shutup now. :roll: