Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-22-2009, 06:48 AM

I agree too much is being made of the secret santa it is only one gift
Old 10-22-2009, 07:22 AM

WHOA!!!!

This is the 3rd year for Secret Santa, please don't fix what isn't broken! If some would like to see it run differently, then next year is available. :)

This year it's 5 fat quarters and a small gift limited to 20.00. Those who do not wish to receive items such as candy, chocolate etc, for health or other reasons have let me know when they signed up and I will pass the information along to their Secret Santa.

I also in my initial post asked that if you have preferences for your fat quarters, please include that with your information when you sign up. Those that did that, the info is on my list and will be passed along to their Santa. If you did not include that with your mailing info, then you are listed as having no preference!

This is a fun swap, please let's not turn it into something other than what it is. :)

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up, as it stands right now there are 136 people signed up and tomorrow night I will be sending a PM to you all with the information for the person you are SS to. :)

Have a great day!

S.D.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 AM

Not to worry 1st time Santa's. Shadow Dancer has done a beautiful job with this project for the last couple years. I'm sure she will do the same this year. This has always been such a fun thing to do...too many rules, posts, etc may just take the fun away. Like Shadow mentioned...if it t'ain't broke, no need fixin it. Have fun and be creative is really the only rule to worry about.

If you can't have certain things, or have preferences make sure you get them to SD by tomorrow and all will be well with the world known as Secret Santa :thumbup:
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 AM

I have been counting the days!! can't wait to get the name tomorrow :mrgreen: SD you are doing a great job at keeping 100+ people straight. :wink:
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
WHOA!!!!

This is the 3rd year for Secret Santa, please don't fix what isn't broken! If some would like to see it run differently, then next year is available. :)
Apologies, I sure didn't mean to be rude with the suggesstion I am so, so sorry. :oops:
Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
You guys need to remember not to make this more work than it already is for SD.

If you want to know more about your partner, when you get one...you can click on their name, read their profile (if they filled one out..shame on me I haven't)..or better yet....just read some of their posts/threads..loook at what they have bookmarked...You can learn a ton about someone by what they have written here on the board.....AND...they will never know how you figured out they like " green frilly froggies" or whatever... With that being said...I better go see what goofy stuff I have left laying around this board :roll:
sasndpat, that's true enough, but what if the person we get has not put any identifying stuff on their profile? And I was looking for someone the other day, found some of their posts, but they were so generic they told me NOTHING about this quilter! Glad it's not my SS person, but I feel for the people who run into this type of thing...

just a thought.

Odessa
Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 AM

But some people like to be surprised like me.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

boy, nothing like trying to complicate everything...what is wrong with just a nice gift and the 5 fat quarters to your recipient without trauma? does it really matter? are you not happy when a surprise arrives you never expected and had nothing to do with the choosing? and if you receive a book you already have...are you not able to still be gracious, pass it on and be happy? my goodness, reading all this "STUFF" makes me almost regret i signed up in the first place, I thought this would be a fun nice gesture, I had no idea it would get so worked up and start feeling like a chore...kind of takes the joy right out of the gift giving. personally, i will love what ever i receive because it will be something someone chose and sent out of the kindness of their heart, and i certainly hope the match made for me was one with a like minded individual.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM

I am not sure I signed up or not. If I'm not on the list, I would like to be.

*Edited by Shadow Dancer - personal info removed*

I love 30's reproductions and batik fabrics. In general most anything. Since I am diabetic and weigh too much I prefer no edibles because I would just gobble them up. I love sharing at anytime; but most of all at Christmas. Since my immediate family is all men it is fund to go shopping for a lady especially a quilter.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Odessa.. I ran into that last year also. I had a seperate person not taking part in the SS reach out to the person in question and ask questions and find their interests and what not. But I think the main thing is JUST HAVE FUN :lol: I really stressed last year, and will admit to stressing a bit this year, but there are lots of things even long time quilters need, like or want. Who ever has enough "good" pins , there are always new patterns and rulers coming out. Maybe a new magazine .
Sharon