Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 112 of 157 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

  1. #2776
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,733
    Blog Entries
    1
    dreamer, did you finish that whole bottle? don't worry. i'll bring a full one! it's well aged, i think we've moved it from house to house for the last 30 yrs. isn't aged liquor the best?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  2. #2777
    Super Member chuckbere15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Madison Heights, MI
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
    I could totally get away with this. Came home after work yesterday and the 5 gallon drinking water bucket was tipped over and drug through the yard . . . AND my Arizona desert backyard looked as though it had snowed. Pups got a hold of some leftover batting and just had a good old time with it. I guess I should be happy that they took it through the puppy door before playing with it.

    The SS package is still intact.
    i hope they didn't eat any, batting can get bound up in the Doug's digestive system. I had a puppy that ate batting and got sick. The vet made me feel like I was abusing the dog. I didn't crate it while away. Castrol oil - $5, speacial dog food - $10, vet bill - $100, the dog pooping batting balls - priceless!
    The Quilting Bear

  3. #2778
    Super Member mcdaniel023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,585
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    McDaniel Love the tree it is gorgeous !!! Wish I had known you when your daughter was going to school here- we could have had some fun
    Yes, we could have. But, I had too much fun sometimes. A janome from Stitch and Time and I am not even going to mention my trips to Ericas. I love shopping in SB.
    Happy Quilting.

  4. #2779
    Super Member grann of 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glenmoore, PA
    Posts
    7,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hey, that tree is gorgeous! But I thought we were going to do the "drinking game" while decorating it. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Not fair, you played the drinking game all by yourself! I wanted to help!!!!

    My Dane loves to tear pillows apart, stuffed animals....anything with fiberfill. She doesn't eat it, just likes to see it fly around the room. She does "Shaken Baby Syndrome" with her toys.

    Nancia, you want friends for life, bring them each a stuffed toy, but Gus likes squeakers in his. Heidi likes purple; she'll love you forever.

  5. #2780
    Super Member Happy Tails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Timberlea, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,275
    MISSY!! BACK AWAY FROM THE PRESSY!!!! Get your eggnog and get back to the corner!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i have GOOD NEWS!! i talked to my box this morning and it told me, in that secretty whisper voice, that it has the answer to ALL questions! all i have to do is open it, and all the answers to all the questions will be released! like... who has had the most to drink? and.... what are leprechauns doing so much ahead of st patty's day? and... why did sulabug's dog try to open her box? and... why did arizonakats' puppy decorate her yard as a winter wonderland, but aviod the box? and.... what the heck is in nancia's box. it's marked fragile so i haven't been able to throw it to the dogs for them to, by mistake, tear it open. and.... i was worried it might get broken in the frenzy if i rubbed roast beef all over it. so, as a public service, i'd better open mine.

  6. #2781
    Super Member quiltymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Mich(Battle Creek)
    Posts
    3,243
    Blog Entries
    1
    Trini u need to clear your box. Yes I mailed out 11-1. I sent you a Pm that day as well. I will be out of town next week for my birthday.Also I did track it after I sent it..
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

  7. #2782
    Super Member mjsylvstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Spring Lake, NJ
    Posts
    2,444
    chcuckbere15..........

    If anyone can say that there was anything heartwarming about such a destructive storm........
    this would have to be the only one I could think of.........it gave me chills.....

    LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mjsylvstr; 11-29-2012 at 04:42 AM.

  8. #2783
    Super Member Cindy60545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wills Point, Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Geez! Disappear to finish a quilt & come back to Dreamer getting naughty again! Dreamer! I think the naughty room is where we're going to put you permanently! Now, go get your eggnog & I'll bring the rum! Baby, it's cold outside! Gotta have the rum to keep us warm, dontcha know??

  9. #2784
    Super Member Leota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,635
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
    NANCIA, you had better behave yourself! You are coming out here Saturday, and if you don't behave I will sic my pooches on you. You haven't seen them yet, so you had better be afraid, very afraid!

    My box is saying nothing, just sitting there minding its own business, not even tempting the dogs. But I will say, when lifting it, it feels like a whole lotta fabric!!!!! YEA!!!!
    It's probably afraid of the dogs

  10. #2785
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Geez! Disappear to finish a quilt & come back to Dreamer getting naughty again! Dreamer! I think the naughty room is where we're going to put you permanently! Now, go get your eggnog & I'll bring the rum! Baby, it's cold outside! Gotta have the rum to keep us warm, dontcha know??
    well now dang it Cindy they ganged up on me...
    better bring an extra bottle o rum...Sharonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    drinks most of it.
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  11. #2786
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    dreamer, did you finish that whole bottle? don't worry. i'll bring a full one! it's well aged, i think we've moved it from house to house for the last 30 yrs. isn't aged liquor the best?
    considering we are not spring chickens; I would think anything "aged" would be good.
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  12. #2787
    Senior Member Rita's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbere15 View Post
    i hope they didn't eat any, batting can get bound up in the Doug's digestive system. I had a puppy that ate batting and got sick. The vet made me feel like I was abusing the dog. I didn't crate it while away. Castrol oil - $5, speacial dog food - $10, vet bill - $100, the dog pooping batting balls - priceless!
    Our dental hygenist's dog had to have surgery to have his Sponge Bob Square Pants toy removed from his intestines! Funny now that he is ok but very expensive!

  13. #2788
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    10~~~DaYs To Go.................................................. .......
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  14. #2789
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,733
    Blog Entries
    1
    i don't think i can wait 10 more days.............................................. .................................................. ......................................
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  15. #2790
    Super Member grann of 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glenmoore, PA
    Posts
    7,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i don't think i can wait 10 more days.............................................. .................................................. ......................................
    You're just not keeping yourself busy enough. You either have to be quilting or drinking, so your hands and mind are occupied. Notice I DID NOT say quilting AND drinking. We don't quilt and drink, might spill some precious alcohol on the fabric.

  16. #2791
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,733
    Blog Entries
    1
    i have an idea... since we have 10 more days to wait, how about if 1/10th of us open our boxes today. and 1/10 of us open our boxes tomorrow, and so on and so forth. i'll start and show everyone how it's done.
    1. put the box in front of you.
    2. start tugging on the nearest tape and pp-p-u-u-u-ll-ll-ll.
    3. if you hit a cross tape, bite the cross tape till it tears, and continue as in step 2.
    4. tear any brown paper, or outside wrapping paper and throw over your left shoulder. ( right shoulder if left handed)
    5. open the box top, one flap at a time. if you have a box with no flaps, you can use your non-fabric scissors to carefully cut flaps. or you can turn the box over and over until you find flaps.
    6. look carefully to determine if items are wrapped in bright colored papers, or not.
    5 1/2. clear the box of any edibles as you may need strength and nutrients to deal with opening the individual parcels. no good fainting into the box from hunger.
    7. carefully remove fabric quarters and hang them about your person with gay abandon. this adds to the festive atmosphere and tone of the occasion. i always bring hair pins for this part and re-use any sticky tape to adhere to my chin (no unkind remarks about hairy chins and hair pins, thank you. (nose in the air)). a word to the wise, hanging a fat 1/4 from your forehead makes it more difficult to eat any goodies, and hard to see what's in the package. personally, i hate getting chocolate on my quilt fabric.
    8. continue as you will from here. i am busy eating my chocolate! is it illegal to send liquor in the mail?
    Last edited by nancia; 11-29-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  17. #2792
    Senior Member Rita's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    418
    I have been thinking ,. . . . reading the rules and checking them twice, and they clearly state that WE cannot open our boxes till the 9th. . . . . BUT, nowhere does it say that we couldn't take our packages down to the naughty corner, have a few swigs of somethin naughty and play the age old traditional Christmas game where everyone sits in a big circle and passes their package one person to the left and then everyone opens the package in their hands. Technically we couldn't get in trouble because WE didn't open OUR package. . . . somebody else did!!! And didn't someone already post that what happens in the naughty corner stays in the naughty corner??? I think this would work and we wouldn't even get in trouble for it!

  18. #2793
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita's mom View Post
    I have been thinking ,. . . . reading the rules and checking them twice, and they clearly state that WE cannot open our boxes till the 9th. . . . . BUT, nowhere does it say that we couldn't take our packages down to the naughty corner, have a few swigs of somethin naughty and play the age old traditional Christmas game where everyone sits in a big circle and passes their package one person to the left and then everyone opens the package in their hands. Technically we couldn't get in trouble because WE didn't open OUR package. . . . somebody else did!!! And didn't someone already post that what happens in the naughty corner stays in the naughty corner??? I think this would work and we wouldn't even get in trouble for it!
    OMGOSH~~~I think she has the solution !!!!!!
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  19. #2794
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
    You're just not keeping yourself busy enough. You either have to be quilting or drinking, so your hands and mind are occupied. Notice I DID NOT say quilting AND drinking. We don't quilt and drink, might spill some precious alcohol on the fabric.
    good response grann !!
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  20. #2795
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,733
    Blog Entries
    1
    i know. it changes the flavor when you suck it out of the fabric. still good, tho'
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  21. #2796
    Super Member Teacup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,330
    Nancia, GREAT idea! I'll braveley volunteer to go in the first 10%. I'm home from work today due to an outpatient medical procedure and I'm bored. I got my box out and gently shook it again. Looked at my envelope and held it up to the light...nope, not sure what's in there either. So I'll volunteer for the first 10% to open their box.

  22. #2797
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacup View Post
    Nancia, GREAT idea! I'll braveley volunteer to go in the first 10%. I'm home from work today due to an outpatient medical procedure and I'm bored. I got my box out and gently shook it again. Looked at my envelope and held it up to the light...nope, not sure what's in there either. So I'll volunteer for the first 10% to open their box.


    Terriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Sharonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

    they are gonna open their boxes early !!!!!!!
    bad !!
    bad !!
    bad !!
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  23. #2798
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,733
    Blog Entries
    1
    teacup, i'm sooo proud of you! it's not easy putting yourself on the front line like this, i know! when you see the green flag come down, that's when we start! good luck!!!
    Last edited by nancia; 11-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  24. #2799
    Super Member nancia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    my heart is in texas, philly and london
    Posts
    4,733
    Blog Entries
    1
    dreamer!!! you are a SNITCH! (if you are quiet, you can be in the first 10%, shhhhh, don't tell. ok?)
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

  25. #2800
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i have an idea... since we have 10 more days to wait, how about if 1/10th of us open our boxes today. and 1/10 of us open our boxes tomorrow, and so on and so forth. i'll start and show everyone how it's done.
    1. put the box in front of you.
    2. start tugging on the nearest tape and pp-p-u-u-u-ll-ll-ll.
    3. if you hit a cross tape, bite the cross tape till it tears, and continue as in step 2.
    4. tear any brown paper, or outside wrapping paper and throw over your left shoulder. ( right shoulder if left handed)
    5. open the box top, one flap at a time. if you have a box with no flaps, you can use your non-fabric scissors to carefully cut flaps. or you can turn the box over and over until you find flaps.
    6. look carefully to determine if items are wrapped in bright colored papers, or not.
    5 1/2. clear the box of any edibles as you may need strength and nutrients to deal with opening the individual parcels. no good fainting into the box from hunger.
    7. carefully remove fabric quarters and hang them about your person with gay abandon. this adds to the festive atmosphere and tone of the occasion. i always bring hair pins for this part and re-use any sticky tape to adhere to my chin (no unkind remarks about hairy chins and hair pins, thank you. (nose in the air)). a word to the wise, hanging a fat 1/4 from your forehead makes it more difficult to eat any goodies, and hard to see what's in the package. personally, i hate getting chocolate on my quilt fabric.
    8. continue as you will from here. i am busy eating my chocolate! is it illegal to send liquor in the mail?
    ROFLMFBO. I'm sitting at my desk at work with tears rolling down my face and I trying not to LOL. I love the parts where you are biting tape to open the box and where you tape fabric to your chin and your forehead. What a hoot!!!!

Page 112 of 157 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.