Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 157 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

hi there,
    I don't have my name yet, but someone may have mine so I figured I would post some more about me. I don't remember what I put on the sign up sheet so if it is duplicate just ignore. I will turn 37 on Nov. 3. I have been married for 8 yrs to a wonderful man who lets me "take over" the living room for my sewing area. I two boys, ages 12 and 6 (7 this month), and both have a form of autism called asperger's syndrome. so anything to do with autism awareness is welcomed. I know that joann's caries the autism puzzle piece material. could always use more of that. I make purses out of it and each purse requirs a yard and a half. I also have two four legged babies, Katie is a 2yr old chiauwawa(sp) who could always use a winter sweater (size medium) and then we have Dobbie who is an old wire hair terrior mix. They both love all treats.
    I am new to quilting, have only been doing it since June of this year. because of this I do not have much of a fabric stash or supplies stash. I have not done paper piecing or applique' yet, but would love to try something easy. I love all patterns except one that have round pieces in them. Not ready for that yet. As far as fabric choices go, I love Batiks and tonals. Don't care for black or neon fabrics. Can't wrap my brain around them. As I mentioned before, I make purses and would love some light/dark combos to make them with. I sew on a baby lock sophia 2 and could always use needles. would love a walking foot that fit my machine. embroidery thead is always welcome as I don't have much. I have plenty of sewing thread. I bought a large lot on ebay and it will last me a good while.
    we are a snake eating family so snacks are ok. I think that should be a good start. If I think of more I will post.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    Just a bit of a warning.....be careful when putting out hints as to who you have, you just might give it away

Yep, I can tell already that Dreamer has me!!

I have the Keurig plugged in for the travelers-coffee, tea, hot chocolate, I'll get cider if wanted. Kitties are welcome-dogs will have to stay outside of the house. Ohio is central to lots of places!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marne View Post
    Yep, I can tell already that Dreamer has me!!

I have the Keurig plugged in for the travelers-coffee, tea, hot chocolate, I'll get cider if wanted. Kitties are welcome-dogs will have to stay outside of the house. Ohio is central to lots of places!!!

nope...lol BUT there is a magic word in your listing
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

[QUOTE=dreamer2009;5557062]just got back from--------------and bought some--------------that will be attached to-----------.
    when that is the right-------------then I will know what the next purchase will be.
    creating for SS is so much darn fun !!!!!
    [/Q

UDreamer2009, I TOTALLY understand, that means this package is ..................FOR ME!!!!! Right?? huh ? huh? Right?????
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Blog Entries
    remember the sooner you send you SS gifty...

the ;longer the person has to stare at it before the opening date !!!!!

Mwhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhah

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=LAQUITA;5557145]
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    just got back from--------------and bought some--------------that will be attached to-----------.
    when that is the right-------------then I will know what the next purchase will be.
    creating for SS is so much darn fun !!!!!
    [/Q

UDreamer2009, I TOTALLY understand, that means this package is ..................FOR ME!!!!! Right?? huh ? huh? Right?????

maybe yes...maybe no
    could be...or not
    still thinking

[QUOTE=dreamer2009;5557148]
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post

maybe yes...maybe no
    could be...or not
    still thinking

BUT>>>>if I send you MY ADDRESS then you can just send it on to me, that way you won't have to worry about holding onto it for later. AND I'd be right, that this package was for me! HAHAHA :0 LOL
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!

Still in the hospital with Shea, she had the wound vac placed yesterday, we are now waiting for insurance approval on the 'home vac' so she can be released. They are also waiting on results back from her blood tests / cultures to see if anything is growing so we will know if she has to stay in the hospital for IV antibiotic or if we can go home and administer them ourselves. Countinued prayers are greatly appreciated!

HAPPY QUILTING!

Laquita, I'm so sorry to hear Shea isn't doing well. Our prayers are always with you, especially Cindy's! She's enjoying her retirement & just lounging around doing nothing but watch me sew, cook, etc. She's become my other shadow! Where ever I go, I've got the two of them right there with me, matter of fact, she's right here within arms reach right now! I pray that Shea keeps improving & gets to come home soon!

Oh! P.S. I didn't get your name! But I did get a fellow Texan! WooHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Oh! P.S. I didn't get your name! But I did get a fellow Texan! WooHOO!
    Hmmmm...too funny.

On a small world kind of note!!! I totally know where Wills Point is!!! Fabulous lil town. Dated a guy from there over a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    Just a bit of a warning.....be careful when putting out hints as to who you have, you just might give it away
    Give away too much info??? Hmmm...well I'm sure my secret santa will be glad to know that their identity will never be given away early from me. My secret santa will not know until reveal day, I hope. However I do know that my secret santa is a quilter....oh darn...did I give away too much info??? Me and my big mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Hmmmm...too funny.

On a small world kind of note!!! I totally know where Wills Point is!!! Fabulous lil town. Dated a guy from there over a decade ago.
    Well, the studio door is always open to fellow quilters to drop by for a sew in! Come on by!!

Blog Entries
    Got my name & I am doing the "HAPPY DANCE" out here in Washington!! The person's name that I received, is easy to please & I know that I can fit her bill. Thank you Terri, now the fun starts!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

oooooh Sulabug! You got my name!! Goody, goody, goody!!!!!!!!

Got my name. So excited to buy for my person! Hope she likes it.
    Holly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Got my name & I am doing the "HAPPY DANCE" out here in Washington!! The person's name that I received, is easy to please & I know that I can fit her bill. Thank you Terri, now the fun starts!!

yippe doodles for you Sulabug !!
    doing happy dance for you

Just got back from shopping. Almost didn't make it. Right after I walked into Joanns, the power went out and came right back on. Didn't think much of it, but when I got ready to check out, found out the cash registers and all the phone lines were down. They finally got the registers back on line, but you had to pay cash for your purchases. Usually I don't have cash, today I had $40.00 in my purse. Had to reduce my purchases, but was able to get the little things I wanted for my Secret Santa. Oh, another hint - she has a number in her name.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Just got back from shopping. Almost didn't make it. Right after I walked into Joanns, the power went out and came right back on. Didn't think much of it, but when I got ready to check out, found out the cash registers and all the phone lines were down. They finally got the registers back on line, but you had to pay cash for your purchases. Usually I don't have cash, today I had $40.00 in my purse. Had to reduce my purchases, but was able to get the little things I wanted for my Secret Santa. Oh, another hint - she has a number in her name.
    HUmmmmm...wonder what state she is in.

still waiting for my name

I just finished making a ___________________ for my SS..It is ____________ and _____________ and _________________________________!!!
    Had a very productive day so far, and plan on cutting out some Bow Tucks I need to get made in the next few days...Tomorrow I will be out shopping!! Guess what I will be getting??
    How many days until reveal day??

never mind, it just popped up in my box as soon as I hit the send button

oh I think my Santaee will like what I made them today! Also making a couple extra boxes for a couple of other quilty friends, so they're all getting them! They are so cute!!!

Ok, ALL NAMES ARE OUT!!! WOOHOO!!! 164!!!

if you haven't received a name yet, PLEASE let me know!!!

Blog Entries
    Worked on the main part of my SS gift today. Need to keep moving...too many things in the works!

Page 30 of 157 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 80 130 ... LastLast