Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 40 of 157 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Whew, Sign ups ended the 29, and it was at about 30 something. I figured while peeps were waiting for names I could keep up with some other board activities and this one would gear up after the names went out. I check back todayI saw its on 90 something and while I'm trying to catch up it is continuing to grow, so I'll have to skip ahead and catch up later. I left off at 70 and saw some were posting things about themselves in case their Santa needed ideas, and someone else suggest one could update their profile. I had listed a few color types I tend toward but not favorite fabrics as I like all colors.
    Sometimes by not putting down a lot you would get something you might not even know existed. Grannie of 6 you mentioned you had everything in your stash that the person mentioned-my suggestion is get them a surprise. I like surprises. I enjoy whatever I would get.
    I think the form asked about pets, anyway no pets at the moment. I have 4 grown kids, no grandkids, but have a few grand pets, a turtle I get to take care of once in awhile, and 3 cats, used to take care of one son's cat, but haven't since he married and dil had 2 cats she brought with her. Other 2 kids aren't married and don't have pets. I'm working on a daughter quilt seems like forever. Its my first bed quilt, I have done a couple of pillows and 3 wall hangings. I work full time, 9 months and am off in the summer. No I'm not a teacher.
    Little one you could give tips on the thing you are an expert on.
    vanogay mentioned she needs time. Yes me too! If you have that commodity send me some too even if I am not your Santee. I'll bet most on here would buy some from you too!
    Have to go for now. I will be back when I can. Oh some tips or clues for my person. She lives in a state that I have been to but I haven't been in her town, at least not that I recall. and yes it is a She.​ all for now. catch you later.

Louise~As Leota said, one person's junk is anothers treasure....I think that as long as the item is still usable for it's purpose then it's ok to send...if the person REALLY doesn't like/want it...they can send it...there are so many swaps on the board that it will eventually get to someone who loves the treasure!!
    Brenda

Hmm......been thinking and thinking and thinking.....have several things in mind for my person
    Whoever has my name....don't fret AT ALL...I am easy peasy....I just love the holidays!!
    I think I am going to include an ornament since I am making 2 for the ornament swap anyway!
    When life goes to pieces, QUILT!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    Oh please tell me it is something to permanently stop the yip yapping !!! Please if you can pull that off - I will gladly share "some" of my stash
    Sharon
    get a CD of very big dog barking...
    turn it on and leave the house
    for the day when you know
    neighbor will be there all day.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alarm-CD-Bar...af6dab&vxp=mtr
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    Sharon
    get a CD of very big dog barking...
    turn it on and leave the house
    for the day when you know
    neighbor will be there all day.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alarm-CD-Bar...af6dab&vxp=mtr
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this idea. Sharon, please let us know if you do it and if it works.

Yippee! I am done with the shopping, making, filling and wrapping. I am so very excited to mail it now. But my ss partner will have to wait. LOL ... Whew ... now I feel better.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Sharonb just saw the suggestion you get a barking dog cd. Our library has a selection of sound effects. If it isn't something you think you will need more than once or twice check out your library.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Whew lots and lots of reading!! I do have to say, I am one of the ones who did not put much on the list. I just put that I want handmade items. I love having things made just for me! However, after getting my wonderful name, I should of listed a lot more options for my SS to choose from like mine did for me. So whoever is my SS you can just go ahead and PM me and I will send ya a list.. hehehehe
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Oh Cindy.............I know I am going to LOVE everything that you have put in my SS box already!! It will be so exciting to see what you buy for me, at the Quilt Show next weekend. I can hardly wait!!
    Now you know, Sulabug, that my Santaee is a Texan! But Santa just might have a surprise for you anyway! Ya never know.........

Blog Entries
    Sadly a barking dog CD wouldn't phase these neighbors The guy works out in his garage and thinks the whole neighborhood should enjoy his music - so then it gets into a contest to see whose stereo is louder ....... I have yet to lose LOL Then he gives up and goes inside Can you tell this is not a good neighborly relationship ????
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Now you know, Sulabug, that my Santaee is a Texan! But Santa just might have a surprise for you anyway! Ya never know.........
    . Iam a texan,but i live in ky now booohooo so aint me
    Sherrie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    Good morning secret Santa's, I have been MIA the last few days. I can NOW join the grandma club. Mydaughter just had the sweetest baby boy. There have been a few bumps, but she is doing great. Just a few more days and I will back home and able to tease ahem (did I say that out loud), I mean leave CLUES along the way. I will have to think on that. I don,t want to give away the Secret part! Lol my secret giftee gave me lots of hints to go on. This is going to be so much fun.
    Congratulations grandma!! Also to the one who made the very pretty Santa hat, that is so pretty. My hubby is buddy, so he listens to what I tell him is going on here. Buddy is on our santa list too. He seen how much fun I have on these swaps so he wanted in on one.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Sadly a barking dog CD wouldn't phase these neighbors The guy works out in his garage and thinks the whole neighborhood should enjoy his music - so then it gets into a contest to see whose stereo is louder ....... I have yet to lose LOL Then he gives up and goes inside Can you tell this is not a good neighborly relationship ????
    I don't know.
    several hours of LOUD
    non stop barking dogs would drive me nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Leota View Post
    ANNthreecats.... am I you little giftee person???? I LOVE the Santa hat!!! THAT'S WAY COOL!!!
    . WOW, thank you so much ,cant wait to get it ,iam goin to look good in that
    Sherrie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Cindy............I just know that you are telling all of us that your Santaee is a Texan, just to throw us off track. But I am to smart for you!! I know many things and can see more than you'll ever know!! I was in your shop today looking around, but you didn't see me!! Hee-Hee
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Congrats to the new grandma! Welcome to the Grandma Club! It's a great club to be in!!!

Sharon, I think you need to sell your house or rent it out and move here. Nice and quiet where I am.

I am in Texas....Cindy's package could be coming to meeee!!!!!!
    Brenda

I'm a Texan... born and raised in one house... then I married an Okie...
    But you know the saying... You can take the gal out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the gal

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Cindy............I just know that you are telling all of us that your Santaee is a Texan, just to throw us off track. But I am to smart for you!! I know many things and can see more than you'll ever know!! I was in your shop today looking around, but you didn't see me!! Hee-Hee
    that's nice. While you were there, did you happen to find the felt I put away for safe keeping? I've been looking for it to make ornaments with & can't find it! Did you play with Queenie & finish the quilt on her too? Or were you just snooping again? Hmm, if I can't find something, I KNOW where to look!

Quote Originally Posted by Leota View Post
    I'm a Texan... born and raised in one house... then I married an Okie...
    But you know the saying... You can take the gal out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the gal
    That's right! I said they are a Texan, not that they LIVED in Texas! Guess we'll find out on reveal day!

Oh please tell me it is something to permanently stop the yip yapping !!! Please if you can pull that off - I will gladly share "some" of my stash

I can share one of Tink's "Chill Pills"! She can hardly bark straight when on one. Funny that she has no problem walking or climbing stairs while under the influence of the pills, but barking is not too good...She gives a little wuff!!!
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

OH OH OH!!! I'm a Texan!!!

Sorry I went MIA for the weekend. Had a lil one that got a flu shot and THAT was an ordeal for the weekend!

ALSO...went shopping for MORE stuff for my SS package. Guess I need to upgrade the box size UP so that this stuff will fit...it is about to POP out of this box I have.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    HUmmmm...don't remember sying the word pattern.
    are you wishing ???
    just thinking outside the box ....
    loving retirement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ligia View Post
    just thinking outside the box ....
    well there might be a pattern involved
    and then and again...not so much.

[QUOTE=Yosamitesa;5570423]OH OH OH!!! I'm a Texan!!!

You never know........

Page 40 of 157 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 ... LastLast