Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 36 of 157 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    Dreamer--venetians are the 3 layer cookie (pink, green and yellow) with either raspberry of apricot between the layers, covered with a thin layer of chocolate on top..then cut in squares...

Leota- I was in the hospital..not dreamer!! Unless she was in the "Happy Ward"...
    Pat you're not suppose to be there either!.... good grief! Although the happy ward isn't too bad... I was there about 30 years ago... quite nice Got play and do crafts... that's where I learn to crochet and do mirror etching

Hi everyone, so excited for this swap! This week has been crazy for my life. I developed an abscess tooth and had to have it removed today! I've had to take off three days from my school job. Medications, lots of Resting, soft foods, fluids, (maybe a LITTLE wine) and pacing myself around the house! I realized I'm behind on reading this board. (lately, though, DH says all I ever do is on my iPad!) thankfully this is NOT my weekend to work at my other Job:as a resident asst in an assisted living home. I did volunteer to do Saturday for a new girl, who just started, and has been working straight for a week. I really enjoy the contrast from my two jobs. When summer is here, that's when I create and sew! Althought never to stop that creative juices flowing.
    Well, I better get caught up with reading this board,ttyl, take care!
    Life is a great big canvas, you should throw all the paint you can on it! Danny Kaye

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    is everyone having fun?????
    Well, it's a yes and a no. I was out walking yesterday (broad daylight) and tripped and fell. Yep, you guessed it - broke my shoulder. Got the humerus bone right at the shoulder. In a 'stabilizer' - at least it dtdn't require surgery or an overnight in the hospital. Made a three-point landing - got the right knee pretty bad, my left hand and elbow plus the shoulder. Ever saw "The Walking Dead"? That's what I feel like. Pretty sore this a.m.

i'm glad I had been working on my boxes so they can be sent.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

definitely having fun! picked up some local herbal tees and other delicacies today to round off my package for my "good little giftie."

After reading some of you guys' comments I'm glad I wrote atleast my favorite colors on my sign-up sheet and some basic things that I really need and have never owned or gotten around to making; but for everyone else, maybe it would help your partners if you added your favorite colors into your personal profiles? then they can check there for some more inspiration! My partner also didn't give me much to go on, lol; I hope my partner likes the fabrics I picked out!

*edited to say: oh no Vanogay! Hope you're feeling better soon and wish you a speedy recovery!*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this!!! You can just send it directly to me. I would be GLAD to take that off your hands and put it to great use for a handsome 2-1/2 year old lil man who loves fabric too...I think I messed up taking him shop hopping with mommy now.

Nope, not giving this away, you can get your own for $7.99.

Blog Entries
    Love how you guys are all telling what you got. I am keeping mine a DEEP DARK SECRET. The only thing I will divulge is that almost everything is coming either from my vast fabric and sewing doodad stash or from my heart, through my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    Nope, not giving this away, you can get your own for $7.99.
    LOL...well shoot...can't blame a gal for trying...

Hey...DREAMER!!! Where are you??? Have you noticed the man among us has been VERY quiet??? Think we can convince him to come out and play with us??? As for our road trip to SHARON's house...let's sneek in the (whisper whisper whisper) and bribe the furbabies with (whisper whisper whisper) and then matrix style (whisper whisper whisper) and (whisper whisper whisper) then (whisper whisper whisper) and find the stash and (whisper whisper whisper) then (whisper whisper whisper) and then sneek out again. Whatcha think???

Blog Entries

Hey...DREAMER!!! Where are you??? Have you noticed the man among us has been VERY quiet??? Think we can convince him to come out and play with us??? As for our road trip to SHARON's house...let's sneek in the (whisper whisper whisper) and bribe the furbabies with (whisper whisper whisper) and then matrix style (whisper whisper whisper) and (whisper whisper whisper) then (whisper whisper whisper) and find the stash and (whisper whisper whisper) then (whisper whisper whisper) and then sneek out again. Whatcha think???

sounds good to me !!
    plus Terri is so busy with DGbabies
    she will not notice us sneek in and
    pilfer_________and eat her_________
    she has stashed...but I know where.
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

PSSSTTT! Girls, Sharon doesn't have furbabies...just the barking machine next door...so that should make it a bit easier.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    sounds good to me !!
    plus Terri is so busy with DGbabies
    she will not notice us sneek in and
    pilfer_________and eat her_________
    she has stashed...but I know where.
    Oh fun!!! Then Cindy from Texas has said we can come by and visit her studio, so we can (whisper whisper whisper) and hide (whisper whisper whisper) and borrow (whisper whisper whisper) and Terri and Sharon won't know what is where.

Blog Entries
    You're wondering where the man is....you probably scared the **** out of him. He is afraid to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
    You're wondering where the man is....you probably scared the **** out of him. He is afraid to join in.

I think there are a couple of men in this group...poor guys. We really don't bite...well, I can't vouch for a couple of us.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Blog Entries
    I don't bite, I know that. Or maybe they haven't joined in because they have a life outside of quilting. Ya' think????

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
    I don't bite, I know that. Or maybe they haven't joined in because they have a life outside of quilting. Ya' think????
    HA HA HA!!! Life outside of quilting...oh no...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    PSSSTTT! Girls, Sharon doesn't have furbabies...just the barking machine next door...so that should make it a bit easier.

good to know Susie !!
    thanks for warning us.
    wanna go to ?????

Popping in to say hi everyone....It's been a crazy week...started a job that is supposed to be part time 17-20 hours and I'm going on over time with tomorrow still to go...not used to being on my feet 8-9 hours /day...so, I'm off today, very tired and sore and trying to get some things accomplished...I finally caught up on this thread!
    Brenda

good to know Susie !!
    thanks for warning us.
    wanna go to ?????
    Yes you must...we can give the next door dog (whisper whisper whisper) so that he won't bark then we can (whisper whisper whisper) her (whisper whisper whisper) and then her (whisper whisper whisper) and get out before the doggie finishes his (whisper whisper whisper)...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Popping in to say hi everyone....It's been a crazy week...started a job that is supposed to be part time 17-20 hours and I'm going on over time with tomorrow still to go...not used to being on my feet 8-9 hours /day...so, I'm off today, very tired and sore and trying to get some things accomplished...I finally caught up on this thread!

sorry for the OVtime
    but happy you have a job
    so you can buy FABRIC !!!!!!

Blog Entries
    get out before the doggie finishes his (whisper whisper whisper)...
    ok~~~this leaves a lot to the imagination~~~ROFLOL

sorry for the OVtime
    but happy you have a job
    so you can buy FABRIC !!!!!!
    and a massage!!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    and a massage!!
    LOVE massages
    very important.

Blog Entries
    okay, evidentally my partner doesnt post much. Still need info in order to make the box from santa really special.

Stitchingpost, please send your PI's this way so I can get some info on my partner.LOL

Blog Entries
    Was just wondering are sneak peaks aloud on this post.

Quote Originally Posted by mdall View Post
    Was just wondering are sneak peaks aloud on this post.
    NO PEEKING!!! Just finished making something for my SS!! And started another project!! Having a blast with this!! Shopping this weekend to hopefully finish it off..Won't ship it out tho in case I think of anything else!! Anyone tell me what is the best way to ship???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    NO PEEKING!!! Just finished making something for my SS!! And started another project!! Having a blast with this!! Shopping this weekend to hopefully finish it off..Won't ship it out tho in case I think of anything else!! Anyone tell me what is the best way to ship???
    Look at the rules. I think it has to go priority mail with delivery confirmation. Check with Terri to be sure.

Page 36 of 157 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 86 136 ... LastLast