Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 49 of 157 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Blog Entries
    Hi everybody, I just realized, I am on of those that hasn't posted too often. I have been busy busy busy. I have been out of town and have not even started on my box yet. I have actually stopped at 2 places looking for just the right things for my giftee. But, all I came away with is one little ol' fat quarter. (although, I am confident that my partner will like it.) I can't wait to go out again. I'm sure I'm overthinking this. I love to give gifts!! And, my partner did give me lots of good hints. So, I'm sure next week will be fun, fun, fun!! (jingle, jingle, jingle)

As for myself, I did give my partner some info to go on. But, I love suprises. I really don't have a favorite color right now. I used to think, I didn't like green or orange. And yet this year, those two colors have just called my name. (although, not togehter) I wonder what colors I will gravitate to next year? I think I am getting these too colors out of my system this year. I like traditional and modern styles. The only thing I'm not really crazy for is oriental fabrics and animal prints. And, I made a quilt out of orientals for a friends daughter and an animal print one for a friend I worked with. And, I did enjoy working on them. I hope I haven't made it difficult for you. Really, I love homemade, I love suprises. Please don't stress yourself and have fun.

My giftee is actually a bit more active on another thread on the quiltboard. Of course, that's not a very good clue. That could mean so many of you. (But, afterall, I wouldn't want to give away the suprise.) She is always gracious. I am enjoying the little peaks into her quilty world.

I have been more of a lurker of late. I have been trying to get lots of sewing done. It is so addicting here on the quiltboard.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Yesterday was a good day for my SS. I got a gift for her made and gifts for her furry friends. I will need a bigger box than the one I started with.

I would love to do more today, but I have a baby shower to go to out of town. I wish I did not have to go to work tomorrow, so I could get more done.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Gotta get a couple more things for my ss person, then will start all the wrapping!! Hope she likes everything! I think she will, she will definately have fun opening everything!!!

So fun to hear all that everyone is doing for their ss. Can't wait till reveal day!!!

Starting my SS box. Few more things to add. Maybe bells and chocolate???

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    I do not think you need to worry too much about colours. There was one person who posted no yellow at all, but I am sure the rest of us can use just about any colour that comes our way.

I know there are colours that I would not use for a quilt for me, but I would happily use them in a quilt for others.
    I am not sure if that was me or not I did say that yellow was not my favorite color but as you said it can be used for other people. That said all colors have their place in life. Can we start mailing now? As long as the box is here I keep finding things that want to jump in there.Those of us who did not do this last year want to know what happened to tlrnhi last year? If you all find that your box runneth over you can always send the fall out my way. PM me and I will be more than happy to send my address. When can we stop being so nice? After we get our package(s)? Keep shopping all. BrendaK

tlrnhi: What would it take for you to tell us?
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    well, with this broken arm, can't do much sewing, so I'll help with guard duty on Dreamer...

don't need watching this year...
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    I believe you Dreamer, really I do. (I sure hope fibbing doesn't get me sent to the naughty corner.)
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    I got one of the two things I am making for my SS made today. I am really happy with how it turned out. It was not on her list, but I did some snooping and think she will like it.

I have to shop to finish the other gift, but am without a car for the next 3 days.

Oh and something for the furry members of her family.
    The Fur Kids LOVE stuff. I just signed them up for BarkBox for 3 months. Hehe!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Home from the quilt show and now have only one more thing to do for my SS box! Almost ready to wrap!!
    LADYBUG

boy am I behind--havent checked this topic since I signed up --it has been busy--
    I am really not picky one colors--I do love them all--and I just love surprises
    dont stress and enjoy

Blog Entries
    It's very windy, and dark today, suppose to rain, but it is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. I know halloween hasn't passed yet or Thanksgiving, but it still feels like Christmas in the air. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas every where we go.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    You always need watching lol

I have been so busy with working three jobs that I have not been able to chat on the SS board! But I do have my package ready and waiting to send out....... My SS Pal is someone I have had the privilge of working with on this board and I'm so happy I got her!! She was one of the first people I met when I joined the board. Can you guess who you are????? I doubt it since it was a long time ago and you probably don't remember me. I remember YOU!....... Happy Holidays Secret Santa Pal.
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    You always need watching lol
    Problem is that all the watchers are naughty too!! Who watches the watchers and the watchee???

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    I was good last year! You wouldn't do that again to me, would you?
    HE he heheheheheh .... you never know

Quote Originally Posted by pat625 View Post
    problem is that all the watchers are naughty too!! Who watches the watchers and the watchee???

hehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Quote Originally Posted by abonda View Post
    I have been so busy with working three jobs that I have not been able to chat on the SS board! But I do have my package ready and waiting to send out....... My SS Pal is someone I have had the privilge of working with on this board and I'm so happy I got her!! She was one of the first people I met when I joined the board. Can you guess who you are????? I doubt it since it was a long time ago and you probably don't remember me. I remember YOU!....... Happy Holidays Secret Santa Pal.
    Is it ME?! I've known you for a very long time Not as long as Terri but almost ....

Blog Entries
    If I remember right, I was one who kept everyone in order last year. Remember, I kept threatening you guys with the snickerdoodle removal.

Grann, That wouldn't be at all fair!!! SOME of us actually are behaving right now...

Blog Entries
    Terri
    are you actually in the SS name draw ?
    or just residing over SS.
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Okay ladies, here it is.............. YOUR Santa package will be in the sleigh on it's was to you tomorrow!!! This little 'elf' has been busy making lots of goodies for your sewing room, it all matches, and is made of fun & whimisical sewing material. I sure hope you like it all, there wasn't much on your list to go by so after having a chat with Santa, he suggested I just get creative and go with what I'd like. So, I used some of the same fun material I have in my sewing room to make YOUR special items. So we're gonna be 'sewing sisters! lol

Be on the look out for it. :::::::
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    ME! ME! ME! ME! I think my middle name should be Dark Chocolate!!!
    Yall can keep ALLLLLLLLL the chocolate, unless it's WHITE chocolate I don't eat it. YES I AM A FEMALE, just not one that enjoys chocolate. LOL
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    Yall can keep ALLLLLLLLL the chocolate, unless it's WHITE chocolate I don't eat it. YES I AM A FEMALE, just not one that enjoys chocolate. LOL
    I will be happy to eat your share! LOL
    You may not believe this, but my younger son is actually allergic to chocolate. His brother has a standing bet with him if he will eat a package of M&M's...

Blog Entries
    I just got finished shopping at Connecting Threads. I lucked out and found the blue material I needed for my Christmas table runner that has been on my to do list for several months. They also had the prettiest _______, and the most gorgeous ______, got a couple of _______ fat quarters, and I ended up getting a whole yard of ________ so I could share it with my giftee, half and half. I also got two _______, one for the giftee and one for me so I could get free shipping. Now I need two more items and I will be ready to wrap. I hope I can find a box big enough for these goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...more for all the rest of us....

Page 49 of 157 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 99 149 ... LastLast