Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 71 of 157 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Quote Originally Posted by KGoodhand View Post
    WOOHOO!!!!!! I got my SS package today in the mail!!! I have put it up and away so I am staring at it all the time but I still know where it is! I am so excited! It is a heavy box! Thank you in advance SS!!!! I will behave and wait until the opening day! The ladies at the post office were trying to get me to open it when I picked it up!! The one lady even asked if she could take it and peek and rewrap it for me!!!! I nicely said sorry and hugged my present and left....quickly!!!!

Good for you!!! That would have been tampering with N.P. Mail.....
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

still working on my SS box ... gonna mail it on mail date... that's the soonest I have on the calendar....

Got the center portion of my homemade thing for my SS done. And uhm.. SS... I'm sorry.. it's the first thing I've ever quilted, and I used metallic thread and I haven't ever used that before and I used this decorative stitch and I didn't realize but now I know that the metallic works better if you stand it upright and so uhmm.. yea.. it's cute.. but it could be better but I am not ripping it out sorry. You'll have to live with my imperfections. It's still really cute And I should finish this soon. Just got a few more quick stitches to do and it'll be done and the stuff can go out. I'm hoping to get it out no later than the 10th
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thank You SO Much My Secret Santa!!!!!!!!!! I have just recieved your package.......From NY!! I hope you and yours are ok from the storm Sandy!!!!!! I heard that it hit really hard in NY and NJ. I can hardly wait to open it. It is big and heavy!! I'm like a kid in a candy store!! OH I also mailed out my package to my SS pal.
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Got the center portion of my homemade thing for my SS done. And uhm.. SS... I'm sorry.. it's the first thing I've ever quilted, and I used metallic thread and I haven't ever used that before and I used this decorative stitch and I didn't realize but now I know that the metallic works better if you stand it upright and so uhmm.. yea.. it's cute.. but it could be better but I am not ripping it out sorry. You'll have to live with my imperfections. It's still really cute And I should finish this soon. Just got a few more quick stitches to do and it'll be done and the stuff can go out. I'm hoping to get it out no later than the 10th

OH, Oh, Oh, I saw your SS piece on another thread here. I'd love it - hope you have my name. I don't mind all the loose threads or whatever - it sure was purtty!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

I mailed my package to the west of me. I think it is as much fun to plan and package and send as it will be to receive one. I may be underestimating my own response! We'll see.

Blog Entries
    I thought I had enough wrap left from last Christmas, but it turns out there is not nearly enough.

I will have to go shop for gift wrap.

When I was at the post office sending my ornament I asked about shipping options. My SS maybe getting more than on package. The lovely ladies at my post office said to bring in all the gifts and my boxes and they will take the time to weigh them out to make it work best postage wise. Good thing I have more than one bell to put in the parcels.

No Dreamer it is not going to you, you have enough already.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    I thought I had enough wrap left from last Christmas, but it turns out there is not nearly enough.

I will have to go shop for gift wrap.

When I was at the post office sending my ornament I asked about shipping options. My SS maybe getting more than on package. The lovely ladies at my post office said to bring in all the gifts and my boxes and they will take the time to weigh them out to make it work best postage wise. Good thing I have more than one bell to put in the parcels.

No Dreamer it is not going to you, you have enough already.
    but I'm such a good girl
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    is it time yet .................................................. ..................................??

Blog Entries
    Well all is running as normal now after Sandy, now to just get SS stuff done. Hope I can get it all finished and in the mail on time. This storm really through off my schedule. Ill just have to forgo the house work until all is done. Wont DH be so pleased.LOL

BTW, I hope my partner likes aprons, been working on one for a friends bday and decided that since im at it might as well make two.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdall View Post
    Well all is running as normal now after Sandy, now to just get SS stuff done. Hope I can get it all finished and in the mail on time. This storm really through off my schedule. Ill just have to forgo the house work until all is done. Wont DH be so pleased.LOL

BTW, I hope my partner likes aprons, been working on one for a friends bday and decided that since im at it might as well make two.

I L*O*V*E aprons

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Got my package today! YAY, but unfortunately I did not know it was from my Secret Santa and thought it was an EBay order.... so I opened it. Nothing was wrapped however, I got some wonderful presents! Sorry I ruined the surprise. I was going to save it for Christmas so that I would have presents under my tree But it is all good, just means I need to move onto a new plan for xmas!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    All's good! I do that every year tag says to me from me. Trust.. it's worked for many many years

Blog Entries
    Dh brought in the mail today and guess what he had in his hands.....yep my ss package. He wouldn't even let me touch it. He put it up on top of the cabinet. I didn't even get to shake it or peak or anything. Oops, I didn't mean peak. Thanks SS santa, hugs, hugs, hugs whoever you are!!!!
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
    Dh brought in the mail today and guess what he had in his hands.....yep my ss package. He wouldn't even let me touch it. He put it up on top of the cabinet. I didn't even get to shake it or peak or anything. Oops, I didn't mean peak. Thanks SS santa, hugs, hugs, hugs whoever you are!!!!
    well what good is DH if he won't let you shake it !!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    Got my package today! YAY, but unfortunately I did not know it was from my Secret Santa and thought it was an EBay order.... so I opened it. Nothing was wrapped however, I got some wonderful presents! Sorry I ruined the surprise. I was going to save it for Christmas so that I would have presents under my tree But it is all good, just means I need to move onto a new plan for xmas!
    Awww, that's too bad. So whatcha get? Huh? You can tell me, I won't tell Terri.

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    Not alls lost... now YOU wrap all the pressies or better yet, have someone else wrap the pressies and put them back in the box... THEN on opening day, you don't know what is what... SURPRIZE!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    well what good is DH if he won't let you shake it !!!!
    He is not good and is going to get coal in his stocking, again. He will tease me with that box until reveal day. That is what he did last year.
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    I received my secret santa package today. But was my "Santee" very crafty, her delivery confirmation was put right over the city and state she's from! And what is up with that. No guessing for me. No jingley bells either. I guess she didn't even want to leave me breadcrumbs either. (sniff, sniff) But it is a very nice weighty sort of box. I guess my secret santa must think "I'm a good girl". Please, please, please, don't give me away. Boy, this being good thing is just as challenging as an adult. Now, I'm off to find a hiding place. I have to keep it safe from me. LOL (Now I just hope I don't forget where it is.) lol Thank you secrety santa. I will keep it safe till open up day.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
    He is not good and is going to get coal in his stocking, again. He will tease me with that box until reveal day. That is what he did last year.
    I'm going to send you a bunch of real coal for his stocking !!!!!

be good and no peeking...
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    be good and no peeking...
    peeking is ok...ask Sharooooooooooooooon !!

Anastasia cute trumps perfection-every time.

I saw a hint in both Vanogay and Abonda's posts--they both used OH and it must mean their packages are coming to OHio. So how many of us Ohioans are playing this year??

Quote Originally Posted by maine ladybug View Post
    any chance that we could have a list of who has received their ss packages? Sometimes we are waiting to find out if our package has arrived at it's destination, but we don't have time to read through all the postings.
    Just wondering.......
    good idea, ladybug.

I sent mine out and haven't seen anything at all that it was received.

I would feel quite bad if my santaee didn't receive her package.

I know it was sent early but still would like to know if it got through to her

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    shame...shame...I'm not a bbad girl !!
    I'm sweet and completely innocent
    Dreamer, you innocent?? I don't think so! Sulabug, now that you have your SS package, you know it didn't come from me! And Dreamer got hers too, so I'm not your Santa either! Vanogay....you can keep guessing! I've got a few more stitches left to do on the last gift, then wrap & mail. Should be done by the end of the week. I've been having so much fun dreaming up stuff for my Santaee! I sure hope they like everything! Oh! Sulabug! Thanks for uncovering the felt I was looking for! I finally found it!!

Page 71 of 157 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 ... LastLast