Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Banned

Did you get signed up BEFORE the closing date?

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
Getting a little worried haven't got my swap mate yet, has everyone else got one, I was waiting to answer all my questions till they were all together and after got names but some have written that they are waiting to see if their Santa's post anything so figured I would just do it and hope get name tonight

1. What's your favorite color? I like most colors, nut have to say Red and Yellow are my favorite

2. Worst color? Any shade of purple

3. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other? Not very fond of Batik or solids or anything that has glitter or flashy print, do enjoy Civil War, 30's (my favorite favorite) and tone on tones

4. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy? definitely NOT modern, traditional and scrappy are the way to go

5. Pets? what kind & how many? I have 2 dogs a very old chocker and and young peskiness

6. Coffee or Tea? have to be the only person I know that worked midnight shift for 30 years and doesn't drink coffee, I am a tea drinker though, spice and flavors

7. Chocolate - love it or hate it? All choc is ok, white is the one I enjoy the most, just no NUTS

8. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought? any thing is nice

9. What's your favorite flower? anything you can cut and put in vase, yellow roses, although I am not fond of large printed flower fabric

10. Your favorite snack? cheese and crackers, mustard pretzels but funny not reg pretzels
11. What's playing in your sewing area when your there? T.V., music, book? don't have a sewing room but hope to soon working on it right now, so since I sew on table it is usually the TV or 70/80, some country

Do you like the Clover binding clips? love them use them all the time

Do you like/use zippers? no use for them

Do you like Christmas fabrics? yes but more like snow with snowmen when it comes to winter fabric

Do you have a Keurig brewer? yes but not often

Do you like sewing/quilting notions (in general) such as seam rippers, etc... who doesn't, like the unusual, has a lot of normal things, inherited all my moms sewing stuff this summer when my mom passed, she was a quilter too.

Do you like/want magazines and/or books (sewing/quilting)? yes, also enjoy reading esp the Civil War era and the Jennifer Chiaveri Elem Creek series think I have read them all at least 2x

Do you like/want/need quilting rulers? (shapes/sizes)? of course like them, couldn't do the sewing without them, but cant honestly say I need any or know of any that I don't have

Do you like hand lotion? a special brand/kind? none

Do you like Bath & Body Works products? no skin allergies

Do you like/use graph paper (for quilt designing)? never

Do you like the Clover Yo-Yo makers? hate yo yo
How about the Clover Kanzashi Flower Makers? never used
Do you like using yo-yo's (already made) in your projects? never use
Old 10-09-2015, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
I'm in the Midwest! Could be me...
Or could be ME!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
Getting a little worried haven't got my swap mate yet, has everyone else got one, I was waiting to answer all my questions till they were all together and after got names but some have written that they are waiting to see if their Santa's post anything so figured I would just do it and hope get name tonight
TPr, haven't gotten my swap name either! And, yes, I signed up in time and receipt was acknowledged.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:56 PM

to my s santa I like just about anything. LOVE Handmade items.I love purple anything. LOL I do a lot of craft fairs. Like shabby chic. I am a country girl. Like milk chocolate and white .Hate dark chocolate. Don't drink coffee or tea.I have a pomerian little girl.Zoey is 10 years old and our spoiled one.. Love Christmas fabric. Red and silver and black and gold love it! I collect angels and felted items.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:11 PM

Waiting too Hope we hear soon
Old 10-09-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
I will be sending 1 yard of this fabric to my little elf IF I
see them post that they would like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532951[/ATTACH]
If you have my name I would love receiving it!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:36 PM

Can't find any additional info on my partner, but will keep looking. I've been reading all the posts and there have been a lot of really good questions listed. When I filled out my form I did try to elaborate a little, but here are answers to some of the questions posted:
Clover clips - have them, the small ones, and love them. Only have 10 and they work great when I'm doing EPP
I have a fear of putting in zippers. Have some that an elderly neighbor gave to me and someday I just might make a bag or tote that requires a zipper.
Love Christmas fabrics
Yes I applique - fusible and either hand stitch or machine stitch
I used both WonderUnder and non woven fusible
Currently I use my small Ginghers to cut but would love to have a pair or 2 of Karen Buckley's
I own 2 pair of Fiskars spring action scissors, one has very short blades and the other is a pair of shears - longer blades.
Don't own a Keurig brewer
Have no pets

Hope this helps my SS
Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 PM

My Santee sent some info but didn't answer any questions here. I was hoping she would say there was something special she wanted.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:57 PM

I would love receiving those fabrics if you have my name Quilty-Louise. When I get my name I will answer all question.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:22 PM

All names are NOT out yet.
I still have about 16 more to go.
Glitch in my system that I couldn't figure out, so I waited for hubby to come home before I screwed everything totally up. I have had to re-imput things again and redo a file.
This week has been a hectic week for me with traveling and then coming home. Had to run back to airport to get hubby tonight. Rainstorm blew thru, power went out, so now we are back.

I promise...I'll have the rest of the names out tomorrow afternoon. Hang tight and please be patient....