Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-26-2015, 09:47 AM

Hello everyone i dont post much but wanted to stop in just to post a little sneek peak my box is getting full and there are a lot neat things in there some i have made some i have gotten from my massive stockpile soso pretty
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 AM

Bye bye secret santa gift box. Today I'm wrapping gifts and packing up the brown cardboard with pretty things. Tomorrow the box will be at the post office and in the mail. It has a long way to go.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:37 AM

Gifts are all wrapped and card is done. Just have to pop them in their mailing box, tape it up, put an address on it and drive it to the post office tomorrow. Yeah.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534238[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails redacted.jpg  
Old 10-26-2015, 12:33 PM

I am so with you on the Santee posts................I have a little blurb from our host that she sent to her that my SS listed a few items. So I will be taking a chance on a few items. I do hope I see something soon.

Robinlee

Originally Posted by Barbm View Post
Gosh I wish my Santee would post. I'd like to know I'm doing ok and in the ball park with my choices.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;7355257]Here are photos of the lace crosses I was asking if anyone
liked.

I added hotfix crystals to them, but the only one that you
can really see the crystals on is the dark gold bookmark.

Question - are these done on a water soluble stabilizer? Or how? They are beautiful.

why is QB telling me my reply is too short???
Old 10-26-2015, 01:59 PM
Banned

Yes FSL (free standing lace) is made using water soluble stabilizer.

I personally use the kind that looks more like a fabric (Floriani or pellon),
and 2 or 3 layers (depending on the stitch count.

QB gets finicky at times I think.

[QUOTE=rbwiese;7356845]
Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Here are photos of the lace crosses I was asking if anyone
liked.

I added hotfix crystals to them, but the only one that you
can really see the crystals on is the dark gold bookmark.

Question - are these done on a water soluble stabilizer? Or how? They are beautiful.

why is QB telling me my reply is too short???
Old 10-26-2015, 02:06 PM

I was gone over the weekend to visit my hubby (he's working out of town) and all of you have been so chatty. Looks like there are a few more questions to answer so here goes:

I LOVE all of the Holidays & decorate for them too.

Not a fan of Jig Saw puzzles.
I like all kinds of chocolate plus black licorice and anything cinnamon flavored.
I don't garden as much as I'd like to because I live in drought-stricken Southern California. Am hoping El Nino comes calling so I can get my flowers growing again. I have an herb window garden in my kitchen.
I read A LOT! My favorite genre is historical fiction, especially anything to do with WWII.
I LOVE quilting magazines.
I really love handmade gift items. I am working on a few for my SS.
Not a fan of word search books.
No embroidery machine or serger at my house. Not sure I would ever want one either.
I have only recently begun to do paper piecing. I also love to do hand embroidery work and wool applique.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:39 PM

Haven't been on in a while and another 10 pages have posted! My goodness you are all a chatty bunch! (Especially Sula Bug- her person is probably in her glory that she has so much info to help!)

Here's some more answers to the newest questions:

embroidery- sure!
crosses- sure!
outdoor fun- I garden, do canning, have flower gardens, live on 34 acres, love being outside as much as possible. that said, winter and I are not friends and I hibernate and whine until the weather turns nice again.
Books- love to read but my reading is normally for professional development. I also read ALL day long. None can accuse my brain synapses from being lazy.
salty or sweet- either or.
clover clips- bought them, haven't finished something to use them.
Holidays- I decorate because I have grandchildren. I love to decorate the whole house because as many as possible try to make it home for the holidays and they stay with us. I even do the bathrooms. They are understanding everything now and I love to see their eyes as they walk in their bedroom and there's a tree, quilt, shams, pillows, etc. in the whole room. I'm the queen of pinterest and this year I'm working on paper snowflakes to hang from the ceiling. I hang ornaments in the windows on a tension rod too. The rest of the year- well, let's say the snowmen will be there until May (when we last get snow here) and then it's off to the gardens so who cares what the house looks like. I have penguins in the bathroom- made the shower curtain and curtain and decorate with all penguins- towels, carpets, soap dispenser, you name it- it turns into a penguin. My son tolerates it, I change it the day before the kids arrive and the day after they leave, I change it back.

oh- flat head pins- awesome! Those suckers hurt though- very sharp!!! Love the flower head ones. Would love the ones with the numbers or letters on them to use to mark rows. My method is pinning a piece of paper.

Well, just looked at the time. Off to the dairy store for milk and eggs. (I hate shopping for groceries!!!! I keep telling them I just went 2 weeks ago- stop eating what I buy.)
Old 10-26-2015, 04:21 PM

Well, I took someone's advice and have wrapped everything in fabric! I hope my SS likes my gift wrapping choices! Lol. I want to pick up a couple more items and will be done! So much fun shopping for someone with the same interests.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:23 PM

Let's see......who has posted that they've mailed to their person...because

MY SECRET SANTA BOX CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I think I'm the winner!!! First to receive. And for my prize, so I don't DIE of curiosity, lets vote I get to open!!! yes yes yes, I vote YES!!! It really isn't nice to send so early LOLOL......

ok ok ok...I'll go hide in the hole and eat some treats... my hubby will hide my box.... did I say it jingles???

IT JINGLES!!!! And it's heavy... oooooooooooooooooooooo I'm still sewing for my gal and now this torture....