Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
Please everyone lets just enjoy ourself and I am going to the hole.
I did request the Chippendales down there to wait on me though, are they there yet? LOL
Verna,
Way back in the 80's I saw the Chippendales or one of the dance groups that did that style. I enjoyed the dancing while things were coming off, once they got to their g-strings, I wanted the next dance to start. I thought they were smuggling grapes.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Banned

OMG no you DIDN'T just make me laugh so hard that soft drink
came out my nose while I was trying to swallow.

Now to clean up the mess.........

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Verna,
Way back in the 80's I saw the Chippendales or one of the dance groups that did that style. I enjoyed the dancing while things were coming off, once they got to their g-strings, I wanted the next dance to start. I thought they were smuggling grapes.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:44 PM

I am with you Quilty Louise. Started laughing so hard Dear Husband thought I was losing it.

Verna,
Old 10-13-2015, 02:57 PM

Love reading all the replies. I didn't do the swap last year and really missed it- the shopping, the opening, the best part- having someone shopping for me to make me happy. That said- here's some info to the new questions posted- please don't laugh at me----

I have an embroidery machine- it's gorgeous- Brother 2800D. It made it's way out of the box to the top of the desk and, that's it, to the top of the desk. I'm afraid of it.

So, another true confession- I have a long arm. same scenario. I am afraid of it! Bought it used, set it up, tried it, was in happy mode and it started acting up. Took it for service- the tension had broke. Got it fixed, put it back on the track on the table and, yep, that's it, on the table. I'm afraid of it.

See the trend here? Anyone want to hold my hand? Needless to say, I can't say anything to hubby, he tells me about them sitting there- politely as he has seen the quilts get done- still on my Juki 2010Q.

I hate to do hand work. Tried applique 2 times. Not for me. No hand embroidery- gave it all away when I wanted to learn to quilt. I'm the girl who has 4 pairs of pants hanging in the sewing room waiting to be hemmed for years. Don't ask me to sew a button on- I'd rather have it be added to my button collection.

I sound quite phobic now that I read this. I'm such a whiner. I admit it.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:09 PM

Well I do love applique and hand embroidery, but with you all the way on the others, hubby asks to hem his jeans, sorry don't know how. I'm just a quilter.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:08 PM

Quilty and Verna, Glad I made you laugh, they say laughter is the best medicine.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:17 PM

Barbm just jump right into that machine and do some embroidery. They are kinda scary at first but onve you get it you will love it. I was petrified when I first got my machine but since then I have upgraded and would love to upgrade yo a 6 or 10 needle. I made some beautiful designs on tat machine and even had my grand daughter make her mom something. So just sit back relax and enjoy the machine.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:27 PM

Going to try to answer a few of the questions I remember..... Yes I have embroidery machines and can do up to 6 x 10 --- but really find the 5x7 the best size. I am trying to do some applique but am really not that good at it . I did just watch the applique class on Craftsy, so hope I can get better at it. FREEZER PAPER...WHO KNEW ?

I used to cross stitch a lot but no more...cannot see well enough. Hate hand sewing.

Just finished the Jenny Doan class on Craftsy on quick piecing. So many great ideas! Love the precuts as I am not great at picking color combinations. I loved the fair trade bag as well.

Well, think I will see who is down in the hole tonight and will bring my chips and dip to share...
Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 PM

Gotta tell you what I did (warning Quilty you will probably laugh at this do keep things out of your mouth). Anyway a few years back and I do mean a few there was a bunch of us girls out having a good ole time. There was a bar back home that had men serving women in these nice little g-string undies (well almost g-string). Needless to say we all were pretty well 3 sails to the wind, came closing time we just didn't want to leave these georgeous men. When they finally made us leave there was all this cold coins on the table been there all night, probably had beer and whatever spilled all over them. They were kicking us out the door when I remembered all this change, I grabbed it ip in my greedy hands then got this wicked grin. Called over this little hottie that had waited on us all night, poor baby being stuck with us women, when he came to the table I just calmly reached over and grabbed his undies and dumped all that change in there. His reaction PRICELESS!!!! No one even me can beleive I did that but just couldn't resist. Now would you believe he would not serve us when we came back. How rude of him!

Quilty and Verna, Glad I made you laugh, they say laughter is the best medicine.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:37 PM

Verna, Verna, Verna.... lol