Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-13-2015, 07:23 AM

Do you have an embroidery machine? Yes
What kind? Brother Innovis 4500D
Hoop size (largest)? 7 x 11

Do you hand embroidery or cross stitch? no

Hand sewing? not if I can help it.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:27 AM

WOW, my internet down for a few days and pages and pages to catch up on.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 AM

What fabric brand/designers/lines do you like? Henry Glass, Alexander Henry, Michael Miller, Hoffman Fabrics

Which do you DISLIKE? I can use them all.

Do you have an embroidery machine? No, but if my secret santa wants to send me a Bernina 880 with stitch regulator, I'll gladly accept it. :-)

Do you hand embroidery or cross stitch? Hand embroidery. Love crazy quilting!

Hand sewing? definitely! But I'm up for trying everything. I've gotten pretty comfortable with paper piecing, too. If it is new, I gotta try it at least once.

Ok. I have left some cornish hens stuffed with wild rice down in the hole. Not too spicy but very moist and full of lovely tryptophans to help me focus and get calm so I can power quilt. I think there are enough for everyone to have one.... I was up all night making about 200 of them for us.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:49 AM

quiltedhorse,I sure would love it. I've had the most awesome day today. I have been travelling with my cousin and this week we arrived at my sons place in Exmouth West Australia. He took us up the rough range which requires 4 wheel driving. The scenery was A1 and we saw kangaroos (mating) wild flowers, birds, Wild goats and Emus... A truly fantastic day!, just had to share it. Because I'm travelling.I had my SS box ready for posting in April, before I left home and My lovely daughter in law will post it when I give her the address. My SS will get a 2nd box now I know what she'd like. Now I'm off to check who's in the hole and what they're up to.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:50 AM

Do you have an embroidery machine? No

Do you hand embroidery or cross stitch? I love doing both, especially the surface embroidery.

Hand sewing? On occasion.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:44 AM

I am in shock that I just got admonished for saying we should all say thank you. Sorry to be one of the new participants ruining your fun with all of my crazy suggestions. I've sat on this all morning, and must say this is the first time I've felt someone being rude to me in my time here. Everything evolves, even secret Santa games. To basically say times were better before new people arrived is so offensive. I will enjoy putting my package together and show thankfulness for whatever I may receive, but I don't think I will post here again. I wouldn't want to taint any clique that had formed in years past.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:31 AM

I always PM my SS with a thank you and post it on the thread, I also send a Christmas card if I have their correct return address. But that is how I was raised, and in our new electronic world some things have gotten lost. I find kids now days have a hard time reading script writing. I try to remember not everyone had at least one parent at home to teach them. Most households both people have to work just to make ends meet, I know my kids do.

Unfortunately our society is not a face to face one any more and some things have gotten lost, but on the upside we have this great forum that all around the world can interact together. Without watching facial reactions and hearing a persons voice it is easy to take any posting the wrong way, I know I have.

quiltedhorse, I think that would be a great gift! Leesewzany Where in CT are you? Was in the Navy up there and miss the area. The colors must be getting gorgeous.

Quilty-Louise - I will post your answers in a few....

Terri ---How many different countries are represented this year???
Old 10-13-2015, 10:03 AM

Seems like everyone has been busy lately. Didn't get a darn thing done yesterday. Slept in later than I wanted to on Monday, so quick shower, barely dry hair and my sister and I were out the door to take her grandson for open bowling and we headed off to AC Moore. They had a 55% off coupon on one nonsale item and we wanted to get the 100 gelpen set that sells for 50.00 but it was on sale for half off, so we had to find something to use it on. She likes to bake mini loaves and I only have single mini loaf pans but we found one that is a 3 or 4 mini loaf pan (can't remember). But while there I saw a couple of really neat items to get for my partner, so when I get my social security this month I'll be back to AC Moore to pick up a couple of things for her. Then after we got back home, her grandson and I headed off to Phila. to visit my son and his family - they had my second grandson in July and this was the first time I've gotten to hold him. We had a great day and visit, but the trip down took less than 1 hour, the trip home, however, took over 2 hours - work traffic. I was exhausted when we finally got home. But at least it was warm and sunny and I didn't have to drive in miserable rain.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:08 AM

I did not mean to start a big controversy here on this board by just saying I can't find anything on my SP I feel as if that started it all and I am truly sorry. Like someone else on here said this is to have fun and enjoy yourself and I intend to do that. I truly love these swaps, I like getting gifts and anticipating what is in the box. I can't hardly wait to get a package in the mail
Yes it sad that sometimes we don't get a thank you, but is it going to kill us nope, I just know that I for one thanks whoever sends me a gift and that is really all that matters. Is how I act. I am really sorry that some are being reprimanded for something that should not be.
Please everyone lets just enjoy ourself and I am going to the hole.
I did request the Chippendales down there to wait on me though, are they there yet? LOL
Old 10-13-2015, 10:14 AM

Ok Secret Santa, Here are my answers to Quilty-Louise's questions. FYI, I'm good with anything, just have fun with it.

Do you applique? Trying to learn, have not gotten any special tools.
Do you use turn edge, or fusible applique? I guess I have been doing turn edge.
If fusible what kind do you like/use? Don't know.
What kind of scissors to you use for cutting out the shapes? Anything sharp at hand.
Have you ever used (or own) a pair of the Fiskar micro tip spring action scissors? I have Friskars but not Micro tip.

Do you have a Keurig brewer? No, Like to drink coffee, cheaper by the pound. Have no room in the kitchen for one.
If YES do you have a favorite flavor/kind of coffee, tea or hot chocolate? I drink all kinds.

Do you like sewing/quilting notions (in general) such as seam rippers, etc... Yes
Do you like/want magazines and/or books (sewing/quilting)? Don't really do magazines but do collect instruction books for techniques.
Do you like/want/need quilting rulers? (shapes/sizes) Could use triangles or specialties, have sufficient squares.

Do you like hand lotion? a special brand/kind? Yes, only use Jergens.
Do you like Bath & Body Works products? No too strong, have a hard time walking past their stores.

Do you like/use graph paper (for quilt designing)? Yes I use some.
Do you like the Clover Yo-Yo makers? Never made one.
How about the Clover Kanzashi Flower Makers? Never used.

Do you like using yo-yo's (already made) in your projects? Have not found a need yet.
Do you have an embroidery machine? No, most of my machines are old, I do have one ziz-zag! 1 out of 7 isn't bad.
What kind?
Hoop size (largest)?

Do you hand embroidery or cross stitch? Yes for years.

Hand sewing? Yes doing a GFG and other projects, I find it relaxing.