Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-18-2016, 08:18 PM

You can post more questions here on the thread and people will answer OR, you can ask me to ask them. BUT...since you are wanting to know more and you ask me to ask them, it might just give away who you have.

Originally Posted by lovethemgreys View Post
How do I ask the person I''m sending to more questions without giving away who I am?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 PM

I love crochet dish rags. I also make them and use them all the time. If you have even been my SP in the monthly SP swap you have probably received one of them as it is a standard for most my packages.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:44 AM

Ive been on holidays and only just checked back in, sorry if you've been trying to stalk me! Here are some of my additional answers:

Slippers: not really
Socks: YEP
Smells: I like floral scents
Aprons: not really
Candles: nope (too messy with cats)
Lotions: yep
Charms: yep
Hot fix crystals: nope
FQ Colours: blues, teals, brown with teal in it (anything really)
Christmas: I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Now, off to do my own stalking, good thing my SS likes handmade because I already have a few things for her!
Old 10-19-2016, 01:23 AM

Have been trying to stalk my ss as her info sheet wasn't very specific :-) It's all good tho, mayhaps she will post in here with additional answers I already have several things I am hoping she will like. Can't wait to go shopping!
and Just in case...
Yes to all the additional questions lol
Old 10-19-2016, 04:00 AM

To whom it may concern... I love seahorses. My taste is an eclectic smorgasbord of hearts, apples, gingerbread men, roosters, teapots, and related types of things. I like Caribbean art, dancing and frolicking island natives, seahorses and mermaids. I love gadgets and gizmos that are clever and creative--like Magic Genie Bobbin Washers, magnetic pin cushions, wonder clips , and that sort of thing. I detest wintergreen or watermelon candy and gum. And I like snowmen and frogs. I am overcome with curiosity as to who got my name. And to the person whose name I received, just know that you are being stalked, so you need to post more hints for me.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:18 AM

I'm afraid to post. I'm not a good secret keeper. I get too excited. But I'm hoping to shop a bit today!

I think i already answered the questions but a few reminders.
Aprons-yes
Buttons-yes
slippers & socks-a great big no.
I like rulers and squares, Singer bobbins, border prints.
I like milk chocolate but not supposed to eat it.
Lotions, candles, and anything hand made is terrific.
I'm hoping to practice my embroidery skills next year.
I love hankies.
I'm a quilt block swapper so I never have enough neutrals/wow.

How many are participating in this SSSwap?

Last edited by GramE; 10-19-2016 at 04:21 AM. Reason: because the update changed my keyboard & I keep forgetting!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:53 AM

[QUOTE=GramE;7680611]I'm afraid to post. I'm not a good secret keeper. I get too excited. But I'm hoping to shop a bit today!

Oh go ahead.....we won't tell. LOL
Old 10-19-2016, 05:18 AM

I'm totally a stalker and realize that it puts my ss at a disadvantage, so I'll try to express more about me here. As to the questions asked: I don't use slippers, lotions, candles (animals), scarves for decoration (love functional ones for warmth), charms, or hot fix crystals. I love full coverage aprons and notions delight me. I'm a pia about t shirts. I don't decorate for Christmas. I love, love, love tablerunners and get a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about pre cuts.I live in a log home with an open concept so wall space is limited for decorating. An important part of fabric, for me, is the feel. I think frixion pens are fabulous. This is what I've thought of for now.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:23 AM

My SS recipient likes several of the same things I do but she didn't list her favourite colours, only her least favourites. Her "most wanted will be easy to find and thankfully the new JoAnns just opened and I have several coupons. So.... let the buying and crafting begin!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:00 AM

I’ve tried to come up with a way to “poll the audience”without giving myself up to my SS recipient. I appreciate any and allperspectives to help with my delima. Having said that, in a purely hypothetically sense, here is my question.Suppose you are asking for specific fabric print, but did not specifydesigner/line/color, would you rather have 4 fat quarters, or a single yardcut?

If I decide to do a single yard cut, will that cover the FQ requirement? If youchoose single yard, would you rather me pick the fabric, or send a gift card? I’mnot looking to wuss out, just really trying to please my SS person. I havealready decided if I go the gift card route, I will include enough to covershipping.
Now I will sit here and wringmy hands, whine, and hope I get it right.