Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-19-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I may have missed this in previous posts.

I'd like to know since this is my first year participating in this swap, do you prefer all the items wrapped individually in Christmas wrap?

Someone recently asked this so probably not enough time for responses but I too would like to know if a full one yard cut of fabric full fills the 4 FQ's. I typically don't like FQ's because if I fall in love with one of the FQ's then it's hard to find more of the same fabric. Does that make sense? :0)

One last question and it may have been addressed in past exchanges approximately when do we open the packages? Like around the 1st of December or just when everyone has rec'd a package?
It's my first swap as well.

Looking at past swaps, some people wrapped everything, some didn't. I think it's probably the choice of the sender (I love to wrap presents, some people don't.)

I don't know the "rule" about substituting FQs with a single yard. I'm the opposite though, I love FQs since I enjoy scrappy type quilts. I frequently check out the remnant section at the store.

In the first post, it's mentioned an "open date" will be set later. So, we all get to open our packages "together", even though we may be half a world away from each other.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:22 PM

Trying to stalk my partner but not finding her. I will not give up!!!!LOL Me I will be happy with anything as long as I have some purple!!!!
Old 10-19-2016, 01:55 PM

wow...I take a couple of days off from the board and it takes me half an hour to catch up! I love this part....
1) Do you like/want/need that dreaded pesky tool know as a seam ripper?
I have a couple now....used to loose them every time I used one!

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? I looked those up and they look like something that would certainly help with the strain of cutting. I'd like those.

3) Do you wear glasses? Yes

4) Do you like to cook/bake? Yes

as for the fat quarters. I have a ton of them and would love to have just 1 solid yard of something pretty! I don't feel that I am picky. I like surprises too. I love pin cushions and wind chimes, chocolate and buttons. I will be happy will anything even the gift card someone mentioned earlier.....
Old 10-19-2016, 03:01 PM

(more specifically the seem fix style with the eraser on the end) -I absolutely love the seam fix brand however the small one is the one that works best for me.

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? I have the smaller pair of the spring action. I prefer and can always use the 5" orange soft touch scissors they must have discontinued them as they are very hard to find these days in stores. Mine tend to grow feet and walk away.

3) Do you wear glasses? (I have been wearing glasses since I was 4 years old) - Yes, I certainly do.

4) Do you like to cook/bake? I love to cook and bake.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:38 PM

1) Do you like/want/need that dreaded pesky tool know as a seam ripper? I can always use seam rippers!

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? These look great.

4) Do you like to cook/bake? No - I hate both

Fat quarters instead of a meter of fabric for me! I love to collect and pet and hoard them. Eve3ntually I get around to using them.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:41 PM

I have 3 because I can never find #1 or #2!

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? I loaned mine & that person thinks they returned them. They think wrong.

4) Do you like to cook/bake? Yes

Neutrals are what I run out of, wow, off white & greys because I swap blocks. Whatever's in my secret pkg will be delightful!

I think i already answered this once. Oops.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
.....The most important thing to remember is to please not send anything yellow. I have Xanthophobia its silly really but its the fear of yellow. ( I know I need therapy right. LOL)
Hey Lisa, I was your Santa last year & you didn't like yellow but I didn't know you had a reason. I looked it up & found out a lot about people being afraid of different colors. There's always something new to learn here.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:10 PM

It may discourage my SS as I am not much for chatting. I am on here a lot reading all the post and investigating my SS. I will answer some questions seen. I don't wear aprons, Buttons NO, No on lotions and candles. I like hand made gifts. I love all fabrics, especially batiks. I use guterman thread and love variegated. I do lots of machine appliqueing and love country wall hangings. I don't decorate a lot other than my quilting projects. You couldn't send me anything that I wouldn't appreciate so don't worry to much. I am very grateful for the time you are putting into my box.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:15 PM

1) Do you like/want/need that dreaded pesky tool know as a seam ripper? Do I like seam rippers, no because if (when) i use them that means i am un sewing something and I hate to do this. But as we must all do, no I don't need one, b/c I have to unsew quite often, I have several of them around. The best ones ( in my opinion, are the surgical edged ones, like these: https://www.amazon.com/Havels-Surgic.../dp/B0018N9ATK

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? No thank you. As with the seam rippers I have several pairs of good scissors.

3) Do you wear glasses? Contacts, cheaters when doing hand work.

4) Do you like to cook/bake? yes, love to do both.

I know we are supposed to include fat quarters or fabric, but, to MY SS, I have tooooooooo much fabric already, ( I know I know who doesn't right). But if you'd rather send me something hand made / homemade, now that would make my day!

Last edited by LAQUITA; 10-19-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:17 PM

I love the extra questions becsuse you get to know more about everyone else.

Seam rippers: i have multiple, i like to keep them everywhere i sew (both machine and hand)
Sping loaded scissors: i like applique so i use them a lot
Wear glasses: i need them for computer/watching tv and close up work
Cooking: do it as a necessity - id rather be sewing