Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-19-2016, 11:13 PM

Dont wear scarves, love hats, prefer lots of different things to unwrap
Old 10-20-2016, 03:03 AM

I'm in the hole cleaning it up. Did you all have a party down here last night???? I must have fallen asleep on the sofa and missed the party. Oh, never mind it was just my dog tearing up my living room, ugh!
Old 10-20-2016, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by lovethemgreys View Post
How do I ask the person I''m sending to more questions without giving away who I am?
In the past, I have asked other members to ask questions for me. No one has reacted negatively to my request. I just always ask a member who is participating in SS. Private messaging is handy for that.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:28 AM

My person isn't a chatty one either, so I am just going off of what they wrote on their list to the moderator and hoping she will be pleased with it.

Scream Ripper (yes.....scream).. I've never had one with the eraser on it....I think I'd like that!
Spring scissors....those look nice!
I wear reading glasses and yes I cook!

I am loving getting to know my fellow board members.....even if they aren't my person!
Old 10-20-2016, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by soniboo View Post
Hey Lisa, I was your Santa last year & you didn't like yellow but I didn't know you had a reason. I looked it up & found out a lot about people being afraid of different colors. There's always something new to learn here.
People used to make fun of me and do some really not nice things to me when I expressed how bad the color yellow makes me feel. one fall when I was on vacation my ex mother in law went to my house and planted 50 yellow daffodils. That spring when they came up I was horrified and nauseated every time I went in or out of my house. She thought it was so funny. No one would pull them up for me so I had to wait for them to die back and the color gone before I could get rid of them. She also liked to buy me all yellow Christmas gifts and then after I opened them she would grab them out of my hands and toss them back under the tree and laugh.

Last year soniboo was a super terrific Secret Santa, whoever's name she has is in for a real treat. She is a fabulous Secret Santa.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Scream Ripper (yes.....scream)..
That is too perfect; I'm going to have to remember that!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
one fall when I was on vacation my ex mother in law went to my house and planted 50 yellow daffodils. She also liked to buy me all yellow Christmas gifts and then after I opened them she would grab them out of my hands and toss them back under the tree and laugh.
Inexcusable behavior. Glad to see that she's your ex MIL.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:09 AM

1. I love that style seam ripper
2.i have these and underuse them.
3. Reading /close work glasses.
4. Yes, Yes.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
People used to make fun of me and do some really not nice things to me when I expressed how bad the color yellow makes me feel. one fall when I was on vacation my ex mother in law went to my house and planted 50 yellow daffodils. That spring when they came up I was horrified and nauseated every time I went in or out of my house. She thought it was so funny. No one would pull them up for me so I had to wait for them to die back and the color gone before I could get rid of them. She also liked to buy me all yellow Christmas gifts and then after I opened them she would grab them out of my hands and toss them back under the tree and laugh.

Last year soniboo was a super terrific Secret Santa, whoever's name she has is in for a real treat. She is a fabulous Secret Santa.
That is One MEAN Mother-in-Law. Shame on your hubby for allowing that!

No yellow for you. NOT a problem, right!!?!
Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 AM

I am still looking for that perfect ripper. It's seems that I do as much ripping as sewing sometimes.
I have lots of scissors.
my glasses are on my nose always or I can't see whats in front of me.
I love to bake and I love to eat. Saturday will be lefse making day with my family. Getting ready for Christmas. The next day I will be making flatbrod. By the time I'm done the floor will be covered with flour and my arms will be sore from all the rolling. I only do this once a year but it wouldn't be Christmas with out it.