Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 11-18-2016, 10:36 AM

How about we switch gears here.....
Some of my favorite Christmas Carols are "What Child Is This", "O Holy Night", and "Silent Night"....What's Yours?
Here's a few of fav Christmas songs, "All I want for Christmas Is You" Vince Vance, " Merry Christmas From the Family" Robert Earl Keen......What's yours?
Old 11-18-2016, 10:50 AM

I just shook my Secret Santa package for fun. Guess what, it jingles!! I think there are JINGLE BELL'S in there. WAHOO..........I can hardly wait until opening day. Now to try & ignore my package until then!!
Old 11-18-2016, 10:59 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562350[/ATTACH]My favorite desert my mom made every year until she passed away in '92, I miss her everyday, especially now that I have grandkids. LOL she was the ring leader with my daughters. Oh they had to mind, be respectful..But oh the fun mom and the girls had!! She had all the time in the world. My daughters say the favorite Christmas gift I ever gave them was several years ago I uploaded several of mom's handwritten recipes to Spoonflower, had them printed on a fq of a linen cotton blend for tea towel, finished them off with a fabric border. I told my daughters, like the quilts I make, they had to use the towels, not just for display. lol I see them out and being used at their homes all the time, And ha, my grandgirls think they are the perfect size for baby doll blankies.
My favorite gift from my girls I received last year....they found an old letter from my mom, signed "Lots of love Moma" and copied it (oldest daughter has a vinyl decal business)and put it on a coffee mug for me and my 4 siblings.
(note: Both brothers drink out of the mugs, my two sisters and I have ours out on display..?? lol)
Enough of my rambling.
I have to go check and see what my daughters have signed me up to cook for our family get together next week HA
Everyone Have a Safe, Blessed and Thankful Thanksgiving...Hugs :-)
Attached Thumbnails million-dollar-fudge2.jpg  
Old 11-18-2016, 11:37 AM

Marietta............I love your Mom's fudge recipe. It sounds really yummy!!

This is my Mother's favorite fudge recipe. It's similar but not quite the same. She has been gone for two years now & I to really miss her.

Million Dollar Fudge
3 1-pound Hershey's chocolate bars, chopped
12 ounces of chocolate chips
1 quart marshmallow whip
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 can condensed milk, not sweetened

Place all ingredients, except sugar & milk in a bowl.
Combine sugar & milk: boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour boiled mixture over ingredients in bowl.
Stir until all ingredients are melted & mixed together, & fudge becomes creamy & thickens.
Pour & spread into a large roasting pan that has been lined with buttered foil (allow the foil to overlap the sides of the pan so fudge may be lifted easily from the pan).
Store until ready for the Holiday festivities & ENJOY!!

Have a Great Holiday!!

Last edited by SulaBug; 11-18-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:11 PM

Sulabug, recipe looks great. But I never heard of unsweetened condensed milk? Mayhaps it's evaporated milk??
Anyways I am going to try your mom's next week , Thanks...hugs
(sorry am in a nostalgic rambling mood this afternoon) I grew up and live down here on the hot and humid Gulf Coast, grew up on a farm, without a/c, most of the time had to hand pump the windmill to get water to the tank, milk cows, feed chickens and hogs, pick veges out of the garden, etc...and i was born in '63 lol.....Anyways mom's fudge making was a somewhat precarious endeavor , it had to be cool for it to set up....so whilst most of my family dreaded the coming winter...us kids, would read the Farmers Almanac, watch the news, make all kinds of predictions....awaiting the time it would get cool enough for Moma's fudge. ahhhhhhh.....memories...
Old 11-18-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by marietta View Post
Sulabug, recipe looks great. But I never heard of unsweetened condensed milk? Mayhaps it's evaporated milk??
Anyways I am going to try your mom's next week , Thanks...hugs
(sorry am in a nostalgic rambling mood this afternoon) I grew up and live down here on the hot and humid Gulf Coast, grew up on a farm, without a/c, most of the time had to hand pump the windmill to get water to the tank, milk cows, feed chickens and hogs, pick veges out of the garden, etc...and i was born in '63 lol.....Anyways mom's fudge making was a somewhat precarious endeavor , it had to be cool for it to set up....so whilst most of my family dreaded the coming winter...us kids, would read the Farmers Almanac, watch the news, make all kinds of predictions....awaiting the time it would get cool enough for Moma's fudge. ahhhhhhh.....memories...
Mariette............I have never been able to find unsweetened condensed milk either, so I use evaporated milk, just like you. The fudge seems to turn out just fine with the evaporated milk. I was born in 1945, but my Mother lived on a ranch too & did all of the same things that your family did. Reminiscing is always the best thing to do.

Sulabug
Old 11-18-2016, 12:29 PM

My favorite Christmas Song is "Mary, did you know" by Kenny Rogers
Old 11-18-2016, 01:13 PM

I think I have too many favorites, one of which is "The Shepherd's Prayer".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnzNcuYNRs
Old 11-18-2016, 01:49 PM

awww I've never heard that one
Old 11-18-2016, 01:59 PM

I received my Secret Santa box today. It's heavy and seemed to be packed tight, bulging. I guess that means it's possible I didn't get a lump of coal. Thank you Secret Santa!