Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Ok, since there are so many out there, I'm starting next weeks' "reindeer game" early.

Question is...what machine am I going to buy? Ok, I'm just waiting on the delivery of it.
YOU MUST HAVE MAKE/MODEL CORRECT.
Such as...the machine I have right now is a Kenmore Ergo 3. YOU MUST have the name correct.
As always..if there is a tie, names will go in a hat and be drawn that way.
If you've won in the past, you can still play.
Terri, do you know how many posts I'm going to have to search to find the answer? You have given me a stalking challenge!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Jaba, so sorry for your loss. Lots of prayers & hugs!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by SlightlyOffQuilter View Post
SheriR, don't be intimidated by your Santee's skill level / experience. I felt the very same way in a swap as I was last year, and was feeling very insecure about making her items, knowing that her skills were far better than mine. Some words of wisdom that I actually have hanging on my sewing room wall helped ! :

" Don't Compare Your Beginning, To Someone Else's Middle ! "

Have fun !! We quilters are a pretty easy going and friendly bunch ! I am sure she will love anything you send !
Thank you for that. I hope you're right. I got a package yesterday filled with fun things. I'm sure there's something there my giftee will like!! ;D
Old 10-11-2014, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
Sorry to hear about your brother, Jaba.

As for the Pal, I'd be wondering also. If she/he hasn't posted in a year, how do you play this swap game?
Quite easily reeskylr, in the sign up info we only have to send a PM to Terri and it said we don't have to be active on the thread. Chatting here is an option, it helps, (me a lot) if we chat that way we can get to know each other. There are some of us who are not comfortable with posting on lots of threads, I only do a few but I read many. I love reading some threads about peoples stash and wanting to stop buying fabric because they have to much but don't post because I have fabric but its just not quilting stuff, I need quilting fabric. I read about those of you out there finishing all your quilts I have finished 3 and have 3 tops to figure out backs for so have no real UFO's but I love watching all you quilters who have been at it for years. I am still working so have to squeeze sewing time in around everything else. I would love to retire and just craft but that is years away.

PM'ing someone answers to a question is safe and easy but trying to get your thoughts on the board is hard for some of us. Some times when I type something it comes across differently than what I meant it to sound. So for some of us its just easier to read and enjoy. Reeskylr your SS is probably just like me, she will like anything that is sent with love.

To all on this thread thank you for being nice and accepting. I am enjoying the hole this year, last year I stayed on the top and just looked down. The view was nice from up there, but the fire is nice down here.

By the way where is the Vodka? I would like a Bloody Mary to sooth the nerves.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:07 PM

I had the BEST day at JoAnn's.....don't think i've never seen our local shop so busy !!
My SS hit the jackpot for sure.... got some VERY cool stuff and i still have almost 1/2 my money left !!!! Used my 50% off Notion coupon to buy myself an articulated LED light to attach to my machine - old eyes need more light.....and got 36% off the new foot i wanted for my DSM. Tap danced all the way to the car.....which i am sure was VERY traumatizing for the other people in the parking lot....but what the heck !!
Time to grab my bottle of Shiner and go sit on that inflatable sofa in the hole !!!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:54 PM

I've been searching the internet and stalking for clues as to what my Santee wants and have had no luck finding it. I hope she will not be too disappointed as I'd never even heard about them till I searched. I did find 1. Thing though...but I'll keep searching.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:25 PM

Here are my helpful hints...
If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? milk chocolate is my favorite but I am not chocolate crazy. My favorite candy is cow's tails. Love them.
What are your favorite fabric colors? I love the green. Not the green as in trees, but the lime, peridot avocado shades are my favs.
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? teal, lime and purple
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? I have a lot. But, I am always in need of a good seam ripper. LOL!
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I have more than I could ever make. I really don't know why more keep showing up.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? I love a good love story.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? I don't really wear t shirts.
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Not so much.
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yes.
Would you enjoy receiving socks? I spend the winter in fuzzy socks!
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. I will love whatever I receive.

Now to do some QB stalking...hummm Santee where are you?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:55 PM

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? 85% or darker please (there are people who dont like chocolate?)
What are your favorite fabric colors? purple, purple and colors that go with purple
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? purple, lime green
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Sure
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I have a lot already
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? sure, anything good thats not in a series.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? Sure, any size
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? No thanks
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yeah, that would be cool
Would you enjoy receiving socks? No thanks
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package: buttons, ric rac. fun fabric

came on to scope out my person after making some nifty gifts last night, and saw this survey so i thought i would answer it
Old 10-11-2014, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
I made myself one of these and am wondering if my Santee might like to have one too...

It measures 3-1/2 x 5-1/4. I put a pin mechanism on the back, so it could be worn as a large brooch or attached to a pillow or large bag -- or with a ribbon looped through the top of the mechanism, it could be used as an ornament. I've got mine displayed on a wicker basket using a ribbon through the pin back.

I wonder if my Santee would like one...
I just wanted to say that, I love that ornament and I will love it when it arrives. LOL!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

I got lost in how long this thread has become... can't begin to catch up so I'll just jump in here at the end. I think I have my person's package all DONE, YAY! Just waiting to mail...

Here are my answers, tho I did send really specific info (too much, probably!) on likes/dislikes for my partner to have. Whoever asked these questions probably didn't get my name...

Do you:......
1) like buttons? Yes, but have more than enough.

2) like zippers? Yes, I use all I can get my hands on in making small pouches/bags.

3) like wonder clips? (best invention ever I think) Nope, prefer plain old pins.

4) drink coffee, and/or hot heat? iced tea? soft drinks? Love hot coffee and tea, also unsweetened ice tea. Soft drinks: not so much. Lots of water!

5) like Christmas themed items? (not just fabric but other items also) Yes but I have plenty!

6) like embroidery bookmarks? Not really big on embroidery.

7) have any grand kids? (my first is due in April) Not yet.

8) put up a Christmas Tree? Oh, yes! A real one... with good smell.

9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments? Yes, but without the embroidery.

10) would you like a travel cup/mug? Can always use a new one!

11) how do you organize your fabric? Mini bolts on comic book boards, stacked like books in a bookshelf. I have stacked drawers for my different sized squares.