Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 12-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
Oh, I forgot, Jennifer I love love love your avatar!
Thank you! If you'd like the applique patterns I have it. I designed it myself.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 PM

Penny, When we send packages from here; they can go first class if it is 4 pounds or less, and the rest go priority mail. So it shouldn't take more that 2 weeks; unless the post office screws up there---which it has when I sent my sister something .
Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Originally Posted by craft phanatic
Oh, I forgot, Jennifer I love love love your avatar!
Thank you! If you'd like the applique patterns I have it. I designed it myself.

Thanks!
I would love to have your pattern. I have never appliqued anything yet but I just bought a lot of patterns for a calendar series applique set. I just love what you are able to do with applique. I will PM you about your pattern.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
Penny, When we send packages from here; they can go first class if it is 4 pounds or less, and the rest go priority mail. So it shouldn't take more that 2 weeks; unless the post office screws up there---which it has when I sent my sister something .
I mailed a package to Australia and they told me 2 weeks going First Class. But I do remember mailing a package to DH's family in the UK and it went by boat and took two months! I can see how it would take three months by boat to reach Australia.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:24 AM

My post office said they don't ship by boat anymore. Maybe it depends on the area.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:08 AM

Your person has rec'd!!

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Originally Posted by Qbee
I'm starting to get just a bit nervous...I sent both my SS package and my Nov. Secret Pal package the same day...both went out of the country. My November Secret Pal package got there several days ago but still no word on my SS package :( I'm not going to totally freak just yet but am crossing my fingers AND toes!!
I know what you mean. I sent my SS out of country in OCTOBER and she still hasn't said that it was recieved!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 AM

It shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get to Australia. Canada is a different story. Their customs people are a pain in the butt at times.
As long as you just put less than $20 on the Customs Form, the package should have no problem getting to where it's going. BUT, and I say BUT...with the holiday mail now, it can take a bit longer. Why? No one knows....
Old 12-03-2010, 08:14 AM

So far, I have 26 people who have not rec'd anything as of yet. Of those 26 people, I have 4 that I have not heard from.
I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Most I am giving the benefit of the doubt due to the mail system because some are coming from outside the US, so it could take a bit longer.
But, then again....I do/did have some people that mailed late. Some informed me of "life's issues" as to mailing late which I excused, but there are others that cannot give me a good enough excuse except they were sick.
So, what do we do?? Do we wait and keep our fingers crossed?
I've already had 5 packages sent out because of people pulling out at the last minute, so those people are taken care of, but don't know what to do about the others.
I guess I'll have to ask for the Delivery Confirmation numbers so I can check myself.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 AM

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. If I am one of the 4 that may not receive a SS gift, do not worry about it. Yes, I would be disappointed, but it would not discourage me from participating again. We are all adults and everyone needs to be responsible. You have done everything possible. This is suppose to be fun and not stressful. This is the season for giving and I gave and I am just fine with that.
Cheryl

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
So far, I have 26 people who have not rec'd anything as of yet. Of those 26 people, I have 4 that I have not heard from.
I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Most I am giving the benefit of the doubt due to the mail system because some are coming from outside the US, so it could take a bit longer.
But, then again....I do/did have some people that mailed late. Some informed me of "life's issues" as to mailing late which I excused, but there are others that cannot give me a good enough excuse except they were sick.
So, what do we do?? Do we wait and keep our fingers crossed?
I've already had 5 packages sent out because of people pulling out at the last minute, so those people are taken care of, but don't know what to do about the others.
I guess I'll have to ask for the Delivery Confirmation numbers so I can check myself.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 AM

any help I can give just let me know!!