Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 12-03-2010, 09:36 AM

Have you heard from the senders of these packages if they did send them out or not? If they say hey did, they should have delivery confirmation and know the status of these packages. Unless they were sent international...but then they have the custom form, so at least a proof that it was sent, and at that point it is in the mail system hands.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Candi

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
So far, I have 26 people who have not rec'd anything as of yet. Of those 26 people, I have 4 that I have not heard from.
I'm at a loss as to what to do.
Most I am giving the benefit of the doubt due to the mail system because some are coming from outside the US, so it could take a bit longer.
But, then again....I do/did have some people that mailed late. Some informed me of "life's issues" as to mailing late which I excused, but there are others that cannot give me a good enough excuse except they were sick.
So, what do we do?? Do we wait and keep our fingers crossed?
I've already had 5 packages sent out because of people pulling out at the last minute, so those people are taken care of, but don't know what to do about the others.
I guess I'll have to ask for the Delivery Confirmation numbers so I can check myself.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:07 AM

It's too bad that this has happened and you have to deal with it. Please let me know if I can help.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 AM

I'm willing to put together a package for someone who might not receive. PM me if you need my help. :)
Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

Ask for the Delivery confirmation #s or have the person track it and copy/paste the info to you in a PM - So sorry so many are missing :cry:
Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Just wanted to let my SS NurseBonnie know that I received my pkg today. I will TRY to be good and not open it till the chat session. LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 PM

I have asked for it, but these are people who have signed up and I haven't heard hide nor hair from them since then.
I'll have a better handle on it by Sunday, I think.
I'm not worried about those that said they sent, it's the ones that I haven't heard anything from and their person hasn't rec'd as of yet.

I understand the packages that are leaving the US taking time, but those that are sending within the US, it doesn't take a month to go cross country unless it's going by mule train.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:54 PM

My Secret Santa in Mason Ohio blessed me with a huge box. Got it three days ago but my neighbor took it in because we had high winds.

No matter. Got it today and now the self-control has to kick in. :shock:

Is it time yet???
Old 12-03-2010, 05:04 PM

I put my still wrapped box near my front door. I rarely look there but every time we go out my DH asks whats in the box. Every time, every time. I think he is trying to sabotage me. lol
Old 12-03-2010, 05:20 PM

I am sitting here at work right now. We were told that we will be working through the next two weekends because they are shutting the plant down for Christmas week and New Years week. That means that I will miss the reveal chat but it will be nice to have off those 2 weeks. Guess we'll be heading down to Sunset Beach, NC to visit my husbands parents. I will still wait until the 12th to open my box. Maybe while I'm on break I can join in the chat. It may be difficult because at work I have to do everything on my phone and boy is the type small!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:52 PM

We still have a little time, what if you reasigned the people you are worried about new SS's. I am willing to do one and I bet others are too. That way hopefully nobody is without a gift one the 12th. I know that doesn't solve the problem of people not following through but Christmas is a bad time to be disappointed. If they happen to get 2 gifts well that's better than none, and then maybe you would be able to tell who followed through and who didn't after the swap and deal with them on future swaps.
I am shopping this weekend and can mail Monday morning if this would help. Just send me a PM>