Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

Ah...but if you knew them, you would be!!:lol:
Old 10-26-2010, 08:37 AM

I'm thinking EVERYONE is going on the naughty list!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:50 AM

QUICK QUESTION, how many wrap the gifts within the box and who doesn't?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 AM

it is more fun if the presents are wrapped...that way the person who receives the gift has more fun than just opening the main box...just my opinion ;-)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
QUICK QUESTION, how many wrap the gifts within the box and who doesn't?
I don't this being the reason, if I have several things that are in boxes that have to be wrapped then the boxes are taking up space where I would be able to put something else in the box. Now go ahead everyone and take my idea but this is genius.....I take the box and put ribbon across the bottom and up the sides with enough extra to go across the top and ties a bow. I do it both the long way and short way of the box. Then depending on the size box (a med flate rate I use 1/2 yd fabric) I line the box with the fabric as you would tissue paper so that it will come across the top of the pressies making sure the ribbon is sticking out. Then I fill the box will all the pressies. If it is something breakable I wrap it in fabric no bubble wrap. I want to be able to CRAM as much into the box as possible and boxes in boxes is a waste of space. If by change the person getting the pressie opens it they will see it is wrapped in fabric and hopefully will not continue to until the bow and fold back the fabric exposing the pressies. It would take an idiot to not realize that they should wait.

OHHHHHHHHHH what it now costs for bubble wrap and tissue paper that get tossed or re used I think it is better to replace that with fabric for a quilter and it probably cost almost the same.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:20 AM

kewl I like that also
Old 10-26-2010, 11:17 AM

I like the idea of how to wrap up all of the pressies in the box all at once it is just pure NICE thinking as it givesz more room for the good stuff at SS time.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

I DEMAND to how............... who lives in MA???????? Everyone has that they live in the North Pole. DD went to get the mail, comes back in gets her car keys goes back out goes in her car and comes in and says..........you got a pressie from SS and it is not Gwyn (my ss) because it's not from UT it's from MA and it is staying there until opening day. I guess she forgets but it is burned in her brain I am not a good one when it comes to pressies. I was the kid who always opened them and re taped them. Now let me back up for those that don't know. A little over a year ago my DD was the victim of a crime and had her head bashed in with a 5 lb rocks. Due to all the fractures and cut on her brain she now has both long and short term memory loss. If she hide the pressie in the house she wouldn't remember where she put it. If she wrote it down where she put it she wouldn't remember where she hid the paper so I couldn't fine it. The safest place was in her car. SOOOOOOOOOOOO if there is anything in the package that can not get frozen that it will spoil or explode please let me know so that it will not be left out in the freezing weather. If it is a dead anything I don't want it to stink up my DD car. Now as for a thank you to whoever sent it I can not do that for how do I know if it is a nice pressie or a mean one.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pamdux
I like the idea of how to wrap up all of the pressies in the box all at once it is just pure NICE thinking as it givesz more room for the good stuff at SS time.
LOOOKKKKKKKKKKKK Terri, it is I that posted how to do this and pamdux said it was PURE NICE THINKING.............See I am nice I shouldn't be on the naughty list!!!!!!!!! I think you should take me off.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM

I agree!!!!!!!