Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 11-17-2011, 07:56 AM

Am I missing something in that the mail deadline is Nov 21st? So wouldn't those who had not received a package yet have to wait until at LEAST the following week (Thanksgiving holiday/post office closed) before saying they didn't receive a package?

I only say that because I just mailed out mine yesterday...sorry that it's later than most but I'm a crazy-busy working mom like a lot of people and just didn't have time up until now to mail anything out. However I definitely made sure I was able to keep my end of the obligation no matter what. Just hoping people aren't sending out extra packages before they need to.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 AM

The problem is not telling me that it's been rec'd, the problem is...telling me that it's been mailed.
Posting that it's been sent or rec'd on the thread is good, but sometimes I don't have the time to read thru all the threads, which is why in the rules I have asked that I get a PM as to when the package is sent/rec'd.

I'm not going to do anything until the 22d since the mailing deadline is the 21st. I do, however, have some that will be late due to family illnesses, etc. Those, I'm not worried about.

There are people who have signed up for this and I have not heard ANYTHING from them whatsoever. Those are the ones that I'm worried about.
With the board changes, some have left and gone elsewhere, I haven't heard from them. The thought is....if you sign up for a commitment, then you should fulfill it, right? If you cannot fullfill the commitment, then you should at least let the host/hostess know of your intentions.

This swap has over 200 people. It's the largest swap for the board and it's always fun. The fun comes out of it when almost a third of the participants cannot hold up their end of the bargain.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 AM

I only just mailed mine too, I think those that are offering to help out in a worst case scenario are just thinking ahead just in case it is needed
Originally Posted by CraftyGardenMom View Post
Am I missing something in that the mail deadline is Nov 21st? So wouldn't those who had not received a package yet have to wait until at LEAST the following week (Thanksgiving holiday/post office closed) before saying they didn't receive a package?

I only say that because I just mailed out mine yesterday...sorry that it's later than most but I'm a crazy-busy working mom like a lot of people and just didn't have time up until now to mail anything out. However I definitely made sure I was able to keep my end of the obligation no matter what. Just hoping people aren't sending out extra packages before they need to.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 AM

Terri, I admire your "hutspa" (sp?) for taking on this huge task. I agree that if people are going to drop out they should have the common decency to let you, the hostess, know they are no longer participating. How many times have we had a party and asked for RSVPs, got very few, but then everyone shows up and wonders why there isn't more food? And you gave everyone plenty of time to get their act together. Some people just have to wait till the last minute to do anything. My mother's motto was, " Why do it today, if you can put it off till tomorrow." And my daughter is the same way; drives me nuts.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Thanks grann. I did have a few that DID message me that they weren't going to participate anymore because of the board change....dumb excuse, if you ask me. I asked those to please send out the package anyway because the package that was being sent to them was already in the mail. Not fair to receive and not send.

I figure we are all adults here and we should act like adults, not as tho we are still in kindergarten and are taking our toys and going home. If people want to leave the board because of the changes, that's fine, but at least fulfill the commitments that were signed up for.
Do we like change? Sometimes. Should we give change a chance? Of course!
I have visited other boards that I'm not so active on and have found that they are using the SAME software that is being used here now. Do I like the changes on the other boards that I went back to? Sure, they are nice, not as drastic of a change as was put here, but in time, things will and do get better.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Thanks grann. I did have a few that DID message me that they weren't going to participate anymore because of the board change....dumb excuse, if you ask me. I asked those to please send out the package anyway because the package that was being sent to them was already in the mail. Not fair to receive and not send.

I figure we are all adults here and we should act like adults, not as tho we are still in kindergarten and are taking our toys and going home. If people want to leave the board because of the changes, that's fine, but at least fulfill the commitments that were signed up for.
Do we like change? Sometimes. Should we give change a chance? Of course!
I have visited other boards that I'm not so active on and have found that they are using the SAME software that is being used here now. Do I like the changes on the other boards that I went back to? Sure, they are nice, not as drastic of a change as was put here, but in time, things will and do get better.
all of this really saddens me.
people have taken their anger and unhappiness at the "boards" changes
and directed their feelings of spite on the innocent "players" of this swap.
this type of behavior is worse than kindergarten/sandbox.
it's a very selfish behavior meant to strike out and hurt someone.
problem is they are directing it at the wrong people.
why is it that when people are angry or unhappy their solution
is to make others feel their bitterness...
when did meanness become a way of life ???
Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 AM

I'm not totally thrilled with the changes but I don't hate them either, I'm going to finish up the 2 swaps I'm in now and then I'm just going to lurk a while to get adjusted to the new board (I'm not willing to give up on the knowledge and friendships on the board) and then I'll decide if I want to join more swaps. But the thought of not finishing what I started just seems wrong to/for me, lol that's not to say I'm not usually late.... but I do finish eventually
Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by CraftyGardenMom View Post

Don't worry...nothing will be done till after the deadline...
Some of us have posted that it hasn't arrived just for silliness...and to remind a Very FEW that the deadline is coming up quick...
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM

I think with all the changes they made to the board that there should be a "like" and an "unlike" button lol
in other words " well said Tink's Mom"
Old 11-17-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
I'm not totally thrilled with the changes but I don't hate them either, I'm going to finish up the 2 swaps I'm in now and then I'm just going to lurk a while to get adjusted to the new board (I'm not willing to give up on the knowledge and friendships on the board) and then I'll decide if I want to join more swaps. But the thought of not finishing what I started just seems wrong to/for me, lol that's not to say I'm not usually late.... but I do finish eventually
I agree, Short an Sweet. That is exactly what I decided to do and in the process the new format is growing on me and I'm becoming more used to it. I do miss some of the feature of the old board, but I love all the quilters here, so here I will stay here and make it work for me.