Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM

I find it unbelievable that people would leave such an amazing board because of changes!!!!! In the world we are living in what hasn't changed???and often???? This format is like another board I hang out at & is not that big of a deal to readjust to. To not honor a pledge you made is beyond wrong whatever your 'excuse' is. I'm just sorry that the master page is gone & Terri has a major job to try & figure out what happens. Still amazed to see how many signed up to do this & then never post...where's that fun? I can go buy goodies but I can't go buy the silliness that's been fun on here. Hmmmm, or maybe I could...those girls in the corner may be bought with chocolates.....
let's try to keep this fun!

btw, how are y'all changing your color/size in your posts? I did go 'advance' but not seeing a choice other than icons.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
I think with all the changes they made to the board that there should be a "like" and an "unlike" button lol
in other words " well said Tink's Mom"
how facebook has changed us all!!!! I find myself looking for the like button often! ;-)
Old 11-17-2011, 11:20 AM

Beachbound, I sent you a PM giving you directions on how to change your settings so you can change your font, size and color. Have fun.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Having fun with the font, size, and color.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:21 PM

Sillyness is what keeps some of us going...
BTW...some us can be bought with a Hersey bar...LOL
Old 11-17-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
Sillyness is what keeps some of us going...
BTW...some us can be bought with a Hersey bar...LOL
or an Almond Joy
Old 11-17-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
The problem is not telling me that it's been rec'd, the problem is...telling me that it's been mailed.
Posting that it's been sent or rec'd on the thread is good, but sometimes I don't have the time to read thru all the threads, which is why in the rules I have asked that I get a PM as to when the package is sent/rec'd.

I'm not going to do anything until the 22d since the mailing deadline is the 21st. I do, however, have some that will be late due to family illnesses, etc. Those, I'm not worried about.

There are people who have signed up for this and I have not heard ANYTHING from them whatsoever. Those are the ones that I'm worried about.
With the board changes, some have left and gone elsewhere, I haven't heard from them. The thought is....if you sign up for a commitment, then you should fulfill it, right? If you cannot fullfill the commitment, then you should at least let the host/hostess know of your intentions.

This swap has over 200 people. It's the largest swap for the board and it's always fun. The fun comes out of it when almost a third of the participants cannot hold up their end of the bargain.
I haven't mailed mine yet but I'm working on it and will have it mailed by the deadline. I don't know why every one is so worried they can't open them until Dec 11th anyway.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:37 PM

Lindyline...Charlee...Deb...Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrron....... ....
not happy...

can't use new cutter
there is no tray for the adapter and no way to cut.
was so looking forward to the fun of it.
going back to the corner to pout now............................................... ..............................
Old 11-17-2011, 01:14 PM

so far the only thing I "miss" off the old board is the activity page, I liked being able to go back and double check my info, double check to see who all is participating etc... but other than that, there are some great improvements

Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
I agree, Short an Sweet. That is exactly what I decided to do and in the process the new format is growing on me and I'm becoming more used to it. I do miss some of the feature of the old board, but I love all the quilters here, so here I will stay here and make it work for me.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
Lindyline...Charlee...Deb...Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrron....... ....
not happy...

can't use new cutter
there is no tray for the adapter and no way to cut.
was so looking forward to the fun of it.
going back to the corner to pout now............................................... ..............................
Better return it!!!! Where did you get it?