Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
The ONLY person authorized to open someone else's package is ME!
So, there WILL BE NO opening of packages by other people!!
well, DARN!!!! I guess I better go back home then *pouts* When you don't have a box yet the next best thing is to open someone else's!!!!!

Last edited by Beachbound; 11-21-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
well...I'm just not thinking Beachbound and I heard that !!
we are our way somewhere.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:29 PM

Ok, here's the deal.....send me chocolate and fabric and, and, and, and, ummm...hmmm....what else....fabric, yea, FABRIC and MAYBE I'll let you open the box but ONLY on Reveal Day!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:55 AM

bump

Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I love our Christmas tree!!! It'a a 12 foot monster that takes 4 days to put up but it had 40 years of memories all over it. I have booties from each of my kids & grands, VBS crafts, preschool crafts, pictures, pictures & more picture ornaments. I do keep it up 6 weeks tho, so it's worth it!
Oh please take a picture when you have it up. We have a couple of trees, an led one in the hall at the front door, an 8 foot one in the sunroom and one very bedraggled tree (it was our first tree after we got married) that goes in the kitchen. When does everybody put their tree up? It's tradition here to put it up after the holy day (the 8th December). It's bad luck to have it up before then and bad luck to leave it up after the 6th January.
Like you we have stuff the girls made over the years, decorations we've collected on holidays and each year I try to buy a new Swarovski for the tree and a Newbridge (factory in Co. Kildare that makes decorations, photo frames, jewellery) ornament as well.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
The spousal unit will have to be responsible for a lot of the tree this year, it's hard to put lights on when you're "one armed"! (I am still having trouble with the tendonitis in my left arm...the cortizone shot didn't work!) I'll be able to hang ornaments tho, and take care of the Santa dolls...
Charlee, being "one armed" doesn't get you away with anything in our house, hubby is an amputee (in a motorbike accident when he was 21, now he's 56). He gets up the ladder to lift youngest dd (age 11) up to put the star on the top of our 8 foot tree (rather him than me, I'm afraid of heights). When the kids were younger, they thought it was odd that their friends dads had 2 arms. His motto is "you can feel sorry for yourself for a very long time but everybody else will only feel sorry for you for a short time so just get up and have a go".
Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 AM

No Christmas tree here. My cats would destroy it. I decorate with a Christmas tree cookie jar, a snow globe with trees, and a small musical christmas tree. I also have a Santa cookie jar and a couple of carved wooden Santa's that I like a lot. I put on the Christmas music and it takes me about 40 minutes to decorate.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:51 AM
dd

Got my present yesterday and it was just what I wanted!!! Large and on time.lol No jingles but it does move a little. Darn little. Must be lots of fabrics! Or maybe chocolates. Come on Dec. 11! It came from NY so thank you SS.

Cindy I love your rendition of the song. We have always had cats and they have never bothered the tree. One year my old cat peed all over the presents though. Everything had to be rewrapped. Our tree goes up the first weekend in Dec, usually and comes down on New Years Day. I like it up longer than hubby does. don't have much room any more. With kids spouses and grandchild we are running out of room for a tree. Have to rearrange again.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:00 AM

I can't have a tree in the living room any more. My living room is kinda in the middle of the house, bedroom is upstairs over the garage. The dogs have commandeered my bedroom, so they run through the living room to get to any of the other rooms. Having a Great Dane and a Rottweiler makes it necessary to decorate minimally. Great Dane tails tend to clear off tables real fast, and any decorations midway on the tree end up on the floor. I got rid of my coffee table as soon as Heidi arrived. I put my tree in the basement sewing studio where I usually entertain for Christmas anyway. This year, I am NOT having Christmas here, family issues. I will put up my sewing tree in the entryway on top of the treadle and that will be my tree this year. If it wasn't for you girls, I would be really BAH HUMBUG this year.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:21 AM

Got my package last night - serioulsy, last night. My postman doesn't come before 7pm! Drives me crazy. It's a big box. I'm really excited. I've shaken it and can't tell what's in it DH was really disappointed when I told him I can't open it yet. I'm going to Texas for the Thanksgiving Holiday and the package will be safe for another week. I wonder what I got! Thank you SS!!!