Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
I'M HOME, Finally!!!

I just opened my box and I have to say "Thank You" to Grann of 6 for a lovely box of goodies....First of all it is a fabulous looking box...and there is a table runner, some just lovely fat quarters, an embroidered towel...a dish cloth that she made...pins and glue baste!
BTW, I'm going to get Tink's nose checked...she told me that this box came from a dog free house. We were chatting about this on this thread, and I talked with Grann about it couldn't be from her...cuz Tink told me she didn't smell Gus and Heidi.
Thank you again Grann...I will post pics in the morning...too tired from the craft show to look for the camera.
Just to let you know, I made everything in there except the pins and glue, and the box. I wanted to put some bones in but as you can see there was no more room. As I have said before I don't buy gifts, I have made my gifts since I was 9 years old, so it was hard to know what to put in there for you. The box came first, so it was tough finding what would fit in it.

I'm off to bed too, back is killing me. G'night all, and thanks for a wonderful fun day!!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Quilters Survival kit includes
Magnifier: Remember never blow your mistakes out of proportion.
Finger proctors: To remember that you are wrapped up in this wonderful piece of work...Enjoy!
Toothpick: To remember not to be too picky about your work just relax and do it.
Paper Clips: To help hold thing together like the patterns.
Spool of quilting thread: To help tighten up loose ends.
Eraser: to wipe away the mistakes you make.
Rubber Bands, So you can stretch beyond your current ability.
Mounds Candy Bar: To give you mounds of encouragement in your work.
Jelly Beans: for all colors in your creation.
Pen and Journal: To write down new ideas and record the old ones.
Hand lotion: To ease the pain from the tired hands after a hard days work.
Needles: for all your sharp ideas.
Safety pins : Just like basting you are holding it all together.
Piece of Batting: To remind you to seek out a comfortable place to work.
Several pices of remnants: To show you that out of a little comes wonderful things.
Lollipop: Lick all those stitches.
Aspirin: For all those projects to come.
Chocolate: For all the breaks you will need.
Trident: To remind you to have fun while you work.
Batteries: So you will keep going and going and going.
Teabag: Have a cup of tea and relax you did a wonderful job on the quilt!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Psssssstttt!! DREAMER!! Are you keeping track of who has what so we know when we go "visiting"??

More seriously, it's been great fun to see everyone having fun!
sure am...save image as folder...lol
Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
I'm glad everyone is having/had a great time with this. This is a lot of fun and it's the ONLY swap I do. It's alot of fun for me because I get to tease all of you with you is sending to you. hehe
BUT...ya'll get to tease me by sending me coal! lmao

I do appreciate the package, the bag is gorgeous, Leota did a great job on it and the fabric,,,O M G ! ! B E A U T I F U L ! !
Ya'll outdid yourselves!

now, start shopping for next year. Last year I had, I think 245 people, this year was 202. Lets see if we can hit 300 for next year! (I must be insane suggesting this)
If ya'll start shopping now, you can get some good sales, then start your SS package(s) and then all you will have to do is include the fat quarters.
Everyone can use pins & needles, notions, patterns and the like. Maybe you'll find a cute ornament on sale and can get that and tuck it away for safe keeping.
I'm starting now, too, Terri! I did this past year but then with all the evacuations....I may have to send girliegirl another box when I find the rest. :
Old 12-11-2011, 05:23 PM

condoms for gnomes lmao

omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:28 PM

To all the Naughty girls. Thanks for making this so much fun. Can't wait for next year to join again. Three cheers for the Naughty girls, Hip, Hip Hooray!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:35 PM

I just got home and wanted to say thank you to my secret santa, ljs317 for the wonderful gifts. She sent me a teapot, some handbag kits, a pattern, LOTS of pretty fabric, and some other small goodies. Thank you very much. Now, I have 30 pages to catch up on!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Condoms for gnomes lmao
Oh My !!!

Tell Hubby he gave us the best laugh
Old 12-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Had to work today so just got home and could hardly contain my self - I was like a little kid in a candy shop. I received a wonderful package from my Secret Santa BrushandThimble. She was very thoughtful and generous. There was fabric and footies (cute pink socks), black and white fabrics to die for, a large package of charm fabrics that were already prewashed AND starched. A great book on needlecraft terms, a puzzle book and patterns. Brushand Thimble - Thank you very much - it was an awesome package =) Koko
Old 12-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Thank you, thank you Emily AKA quiltingbee12 for the wonderful Secret Santa Gift. I think she knew I waw a scrappy girl. Wonderful fabrics that I totally loved plus so much more. I will post a picture as soon as I find it among the thousands on my computer.