Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010 >
  • Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010

• Select your Stars - Signup Closes Nov 6 2010

Old 09-12-2010, 12:52 PM

Kristen0112, gorgeous block, love the Fabs, good job. Yes, I also am hoping the blocks get easier the more I do them.
    Old 09-13-2010, 06:20 AM

Sorry to see ljptexas and dagny have to drop, but understand. Life gets in the way of life. Kristen and Gamnet - beautiful blocks. Yes, the directions are VERY specific, but look at what you turned out!!!!
    Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by gamnet
    Kristen0112, gorgeous block, love the Fabs, good job. Yes, I also am hoping the blocks get easier the more I do them.
    I now have 9 finished! I found laying out the cut pieces and then putting a sticky next to the groups that listed the sizes made it more helpful. I also began laying out the pieces to resemble the block before sewing it really helped, then I stacked them together chained stitched them made it go a little faster. After the first couple I didn't look back at the directions at all, not even when I needed to cut additional pieces.
    Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 AM

9 done?????? I don't even have my pattern picked out yet!!! You all are so far ahead of me....
    Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Way ahead of me too!!!!
    Old 09-14-2010, 08:42 PM

I must say there are some very organised people. I've picked the pattern, and cut some fabric, but I'm yet to complete even 1 block that will be sent.
    Old 09-15-2010, 04:29 AM

I have printed off the pattern and have gotten a couple pieces of fabric ready but that is all. Seriously have to get moving on this. All the blocks I have seen on here look absolutly beautiful, and hoping mine will look that way also. We will see.
    Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by homecaregiver
    I have printed off the pattern and have gotten a couple pieces of fabric ready but that is all. Seriously have to get moving on this. All the blocks I have seen on here look absolutly beautiful, and hoping mine will look that way also. We will see.
    Please, all of you, remember that this swap is open to EVERYONE OF ALL SKILL LEVEL. Yes, it is a specific pattern with specific colors. Directions are complete and concise. Yes, we do have beginners who are trying to gain skill. Yes, we do have intermediate and advanced quilters. Everyone of us started at the same place. As a quilting family, encourage, encourage, encourage and praise........
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Originally Posted by homecaregiver
    Please, all of you, remember that this swap is open to EVERYONE OF ALL SKILL LEVEL. Yes, it is a specific pattern with specific colors. Directions are complete and concise. Yes, we do have beginners who are trying to gain skill. Yes, we do have intermediate and advanced quilters. Everyone of us started at the same place. As a quilting family, encourage, encourage, encourage and praise........

Thanks for your kind words, I have been watching this swap and would love to participate, but I consider myself a beginner and would not want to disappoint anyone with my blocks. I need to have more confidence in myself.

I have even went as far as printing off a pattern for Carolyn's Star. It looked pretty simple.

I'm going to the fabric store this weekend and taking the pattern with me, if I can get up my nerve I'm going to make one first before I committ to the swap, but if it turns out I'm going to jump in and hope for the best. I think I still have plenty of time to get them done before the deadline.

Again thank you for the encouragement and for me realizing that things don't have to be perfect as long as I do my best. The only way to learn is...to just do it.
    Old 09-15-2010, 08:09 AM

So, last night I was reading through all the posts on this thread - I don't always read every reply. I saw where someone asked if their blocks had to be all the same. I chose one pattern and purchased several fabrics but did not make each block identical. I changed up the blue fabrics and the star colors I attached pictures. Now I am worried that I have done them all wrong and should have stuck with all the same fabrics in the same positions. Do I need to start over?
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-109735.jpe   attachment-109736.jpe   attachment-109737.jpe