Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September fq (fat quarter) swap >

September fq (fat quarter) swap

September fq (fat quarter) swap

Old 10-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Here are the fqs I received from Yosamitesa:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439633[/ATTACH]
I love them all, but there's a special place in my heart and memories for the Charlie Brown "Great Pumpkin" and Charlie and his friends in their costumes! In this case, I certainly did not "Get a rock." with this trick or treating...Thanks, Yo!
Kif
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:50 AM

Was hoping my partner would post my fq's but not everyone posts pics I guess. Should have taken a pic. love that set of 8 wow! I am still waiting but truthfully the post is snowed in so I not sure if I can get out to get it today anyway. Tomorrow maybe! I have cut my fabrics hope turkeys count as fall? more so I hope my partner likes thanksgiving fabric. I think of turkeys I think of thanksgiving. odd how that happens. ps I love turkeys
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM

Not everyone has photo posting capability. I bet the FQ's you sent are fabulous.

So glad you're still hostessing, Brenda, it's a fun fun swap. Not sure I can join Octobers. I had to take a last minute trip last week to help care for my sweet MotherInLaw who lost her love of 75 years just this July. She'll be joining him soon. It's so hard to see her struggle. .....maybe a fq exchange would perk me up.

Quilty hugs, SheriR
Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 PM

Here I am again. Yes that's me in the corner hanging my head and Oh! looks like I am pouting! For shame! I don't (well almost never) pout. Brat looks like you and I are in the same boat but take heart! It's sure to be in tomorrow's mail.
I do know how to post pictures now even though they turn out upside down. My hubby said to just take the pictures upside down then they will show right side up! LOL! Hope he is right.
Phyllis
Old 10-04-2013, 01:01 PM

I hear ya, Brat..the ones I send often don't get posted, either.. When you can't post pics that's totally understandable, too.
But, Sunrise was one of my partners this month, and her upside down pics showcased the fqs I sent just fine .

Sunrise, I bet your dh might be right on that...lol

SheriR, will keep you, your mil, and all in prayer...75 years with same man is a long time! With some men I reckon it can seem like no time, with others...
Regards all,
Kif
I loooove turkey...and Mom's dressing/stuffing...stuffs me right up! She tells me I need to be learning her technique, as she won't be around forever. I tell her she's still here, why mess with perfection?

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-04-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:38 PM

oh now I want stuffing and turkey.. gosh that is good and real giblet gravy my mom made ok sold. oh .. she is gone now and well its a grand memory. Here my dh hates turkey and stuffing and gravy and well I make enchiladas he likes those a ton. its a Mexican food fiesta sigh at my house for Thanksgiving. But I can dream about it and you had better learn how to do it from her Kiffie. then for years and years on when she is gone she can be with you again at the holiday I heard from my partner that she was sorry and mailed late so I am sure they will be here and might even be here now but in the box out in the street (walking through snow is NOT my best dealio) so I will wait til tomorrow when dh can go walk out there and get it. and I don't mind btw my partner not posting if she would let me know she cant then I could have (had I taken a pic) that's all. I have finally figured out how to do it with windows 8. phew.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:30 AM

sunrise and brat hope you get your FQ's soon. Kiffee better take lessons this year on that turkey. Kids will be here this next Thursday and that's 1 thing they want.....turkey w/ all the trimmings. Going to do 1 baked traditional style and 1 deep fat fried. Since all of them won't be home for Christmas, it's next weekend at this house.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
sunrise and brat hope you get your FQ's soon. Kiffee better take lessons this year on that turkey. Kids will be here this next Thursday and that's 1 thing they want.....turkey w/ all the trimmings. Going to do 1 baked traditional style and 1 deep fat fried. Since all of them won't be home for Christmas, it's next weekend at this house.
Jaba..
Turkey sounds great! Love turkey, can I invite myself over? Kids are scattered, haven't had family Christmas for a long time.
I'm not worried about my FQ's really, The person sending to me is just really busy, they will get here I'm sure. Besides mail isn't here yet and it is probable on his truck right now.
I have heard that our theme is going to be Fall next time. Question, Does Fall have to be leaves etc or fall colors. I just ordered fabric, most in fall colors or colors I like to go with the season.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:09 AM

Oh yes sunrise, would love to have you come!!! I'll even save some of the work for you, not, we'll sit and have grandkids and daughter in law do it for us. We can just enjoy the day.
I won't have all leaves and such either, fall colors for me too.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:08 AM

definitely can be colors of fall, doesn't have to be leaves and such...