Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September fq (fat quarter) swap >

September fq (fat quarter) swap

September fq (fat quarter) swap

Old 10-09-2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
waiting patiently here on my end. my partner has written twice to me and apologized for her delay. so it will be like Christmas when it shows up.. soon I think
Well Brat at least your partner is nice, mine hasn't even wrote to me. I am feeling discouraged but I am still doing the next swap. Am gathering fall fabric now, will get more when my fabric order comes in.
At least I KNOW that will get here!
Have a happy day everyone!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM

Don't get discouraged surely when they are written to they will respond. I believe in patience. try it is fun! lol.. I am doing the next swap for absolutely sure. things happen. smile girl it happens to every single one at one time or another. the upside is.. there is always tomorrow right sunrise?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Don't get discouraged surely when they are written to they will respond. I believe in patience. try it is fun! lol.. I am doing the next swap for absolutely sure. things happen. smile girl it happens to every single one at one time or another. the upside is.. there is always tomorrow right sunrise?
Yes Brat you are right. Can't help crying in my beer sometimes, I hate being disappointed. Are we the only ones that haven't received our swaps? I just hope that nothing is wrong.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:25 AM

Sorry Sunrise, I don't know how I missed your question on Texas Pie..
It starts with a crushed pecan crust, then layer of powdered sugar, cool whip, cream cheese mix, next layer is chocolate pudding, next layer is vanilla pudding, top all with cool whip. Sprinkle with crushed pecans or shaved chocolate. Hide from hubby, and EAT! I am not a big fan of cream cheese, but with it mixed in with powdered sugar and cool whip, and all the other layers it ROCKS!!
I usually use low fat cream cheese and 2% milk in the puddings to try and make it a lil less bad for me and my terrible cholesterol levels (high as 301, a "good" level for me is 230'sh...I can't take statin meds, either). People can't believe my cholesterol is that high, as I am fairly thin. I know that really has nothing to do with it, tho. I have a cousin who was very overweight, she had gastric bypass, lost 120+ pounds..but her cholesterol was always low... I really wish I didn't love breads and sweets so much..
Anyways, it's a great dessert and fast to make. I have also heard it called "Hi neighbor" and "Four Layer Yummy". Also some people use different flavors of puddings. My family and I always stick with the chocolate and vanilla.
K
Old 10-11-2013, 05:37 AM

that pie sounds like it has my name all over it kiffie. My sisters family is the 'lean' family literally she does all low cholesterol cooking, they are all skinny like scoobie do skinny and yet her children from the time they were say in the lower grades say 1st grade? have had high cholesterol. her hubby also tall and lean, has 300 plus levels all the time. she tries so hard. his parents have it too. I guess its heredity? I eat fat foods, butter, real milk lol and mine is always in the 160's. used to irk me, same food my x was 130's I thought it was so unfair! I gain rear end weight but not cholesterol. so maybe.. you should keep that pie away from me. no maybe about it. my rear thanks you!

sunrise, if worse case comes to play glad to swap something with you we could do this as an extra and if ours ever show up well bonus right? game if you are! otherwise next month will be our lucky charm month!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Had to sit out last months swap Has the October been announced? I think I read there would be one. I looked for the link. Someone assuage my overlooking fears. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Had to sit out last months swap Has the October been announced? I think I read there would be one. I looked for the link. Someone assuage my overlooking fears. Thanks!
I don't think the sign up thread has been posted yet.Brenda did say October would be fall fabrics or fall colors.Mary
Old 10-11-2013, 07:59 PM

Just on here for a minute, family here, but I haven't seen a sign up yet
Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 PM

nope not up yet so you can just cut your fall fabrics and wait patiently like the rest of us patience is going to be my new nickname. (laugh go ahead and laugh but a promise is a promise and I promised to be good so you will have to be good too).
Old 10-12-2013, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Sorry Sunrise, I don't know how I missed your question on Texas Pie..
It starts with a crushed pecan crust, then layer of powdered sugar, cool whip, cream cheese mix, next layer is chocolate pudding, next layer is vanilla pudding, top all with cool whip. Sprinkle with crushed pecans or shaved chocolate. Hide from hubby, and EAT! I am not a big fan of cream cheese, but with it mixed in with powdered sugar and cool whip, and all the other layers it ROCKS!!
I usually use low fat cream cheese and 2% milk in the puddings to try and make it a lil less bad for me and my terrible cholesterol levels (high as 301, a "good" level for me is 230'sh...I can't take statin meds, either). People can't believe my cholesterol is that high, as I am fairly thin. I know that really has nothing to do with it, tho. I have a cousin who was very overweight, she had gastric bypass, lost 120+ pounds..but her cholesterol was always low... I really wish I didn't love breads and sweets so much..
Anyways, it's a great dessert and fast to make. I have also heard it called "Hi neighbor" and "Four Layer Yummy". Also some people use different flavors of puddings. My family and I always stick with the chocolate and vanilla.
K
Thanks Kif, that pie sounds so delicious! I think Thanksgiving will have a new desert.

Brat, that is a generous offer and thank you but I have to decline this time. That's not to say we can't have a side swap later. I just can't do it right now. Too many irons in the fire?