Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31 >

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

Old 09-21-2014, 01:22 PM

Pat, those bears are too adorable! Also, I have some news. I'm coming to Ohio for Thanksgiving. Maybe we can get together again.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:34 PM

Sis I love the little panties and can find a use for them, you know I love little purses for things... Love the Denim one also... Would like the panties pattern, might be cute for the boutique... if the pattern is available... Lots of talent on this board and thanks everyone for the compliments on the quilt will put a picture on when I get it quilted, need to buy the backing yet... Also thank you for the good thoughts and prayers for my upcoming appointments...
Old 09-21-2014, 03:54 PM

Just getting settled back home again. The quilt retreat was very nice, but glad I will be in my own bed tonight. Thank you for the compliments on the nc I made. I love flowers.

Rosemary and Lynnie I will be praying for you.

I like all of the the items coming in on the swaps. It is amazing the variety and talent.

If you can rent, have neighbors joined by a wall, and have landlords; what is the difference between an apartment and a condo?

I'm not sure whether I will make a pc or a needle case next month. I've got to think, that could be dangerous!

I got some crab apples at the retreat. The retreat was held at an apple orchard. I want to make jelly, but do not know how to do it. I have only made jams. I'd like to make apple pepper jelly. Pepper jelly and cream cheese, YUM!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Sis type in " put on your big girl panties-panties purse tutorial" in the search engine for this board. That is where the pattern and instructions are.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

an apt. you just rent. A condo you own the building but not the ground. and you pay Home Owners fees, some people rent from the owner in our community. We have 886 units here. I share a back wall with these imbeciles. In a condo, you have a political structure,pres, vp treasure and such. Have HOA meeting to discuss where some of the HOA fees go, Like to the pools, golf course, lighting project ect. An apt, you just pay rent and maybe have a lease. We have a homeowners loan thru the bank for 30 yrs.

Mary...love those panties, maybe i'll get one in a swap!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:56 AM

Thank you for thinking about me. I've been on a few times and reading posts the rest inbetween shopping, the ride everyday. I sure wish I could get some sewing done. Karen that's great about you coming here for Thanksgiving. You can come here anytime. As a matter of fact I'm going to Medina today. It's only 49 out now so you should bring warm clothes with you because I bet we have snow by then. I wish I still had my condo. Instead of wasting money paying rent, a condo is just like a home and when you go to sell you can make a lot of money. I had bought my condo at $48,000 and sold it for $140,000 10 years later. Everyone have a great day
Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the condo info. I love the big girl panties.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

I need a pair of big girl panties.
Pat it's about 70* here today and beautiful.
Need to make fancy pins, then i'm ready to shop for October.
can't wait to see who I get.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

Oh, forgot to tell you you gets lots of amenities here.

Indoor/outdoor pool, kiddie pool and hot tub, cafe, game room, library,
workout room, bocci, tennis, golf course, shuffleboard, basketball courts,
card/bingo/mah jongg room,party room, putting green,movie room, and a big screen
t.v. for all sporting events. and lots of different clubs.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Hi everyone!

Mary that is a very nice bag you made. I like that little defined point on the flap, and the pockets. I can't have a purse without pockets.

Rosemary that is a beautiful quilt. You can just send it my way. j/k
I also hope things go well with your health. My husband got some results back on some blood work today, and he is anemic, and needs vitamin D, and something show up on his kidneys. He is diabetic.

Lynnie I hope your surgery goes well also. Some of us are a sick bunch of folks aren't we?

All of you are in my prayers everyday. `

Pat those little bears are so cute.

When I seen those "Big Girl Panties" you have no idea how big I was grinning. The year my mother died, and me and my sisters were all grieving in our own way, well my youngest sister and myself had words about something, and she told me to "put on my big girl panties". She is typically the quiet one of all of us.

I need to go to the post office today, and check if I have a pincushion there. Could someone on here if it's not imposing tell me if I should go check? If there is just more bills, I don't want to go. lol....

Last but not least. I love all of you, but won't be on any more swaps until at least January of 2015. Just need to work more on my health, my husbands, and my dad will be coming back home at least for awhile from the nursing home. Me and my husband have boat loads of Dr. appointments. I also need to start working on some family Christmas gifts, and I am slow. lol.. So I thought it would be better for a couple of months to just come here and see what everyone is making, and how you are.

Have a great day everyone!!!!