Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-01-2011, 03:17 AM

I miss this so much!!! Already having withdrawals LOL ..But, this does give me plenty of time to hand make an item for my next SP for the month of October :thumbup:
Old 09-01-2011, 03:26 AM

Sounds good to me Lori (allergies/allergens).
Old 09-01-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by soniboo
Lori, Please don't stress and go ahead and drop the allergies/allergens this month. I have allergies but I've never received anything I couldn't use. You shouldn't have to do all that extra work especially with the problems you've having.

Drop the "Allergies"! Drop the "Allergens"!
Cats and Dogs, Goats and Frogs,
We can make do, We can get through
Smells and Smoking, Candles and Croakin'...
Drop it Lori, Drop it! Three cheers for you Lori! :thumbup: (waving pom-poms madly!)

(um, where's my drum section? :oops: )
Here is your drum my friend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> three cheers for Lori is right. Lori, I second Soniboo, don't try to match based on that, itis good to have it there so pal's are aware of possible allergies their pal may have and thus send them a package accordingly, but it a lot of work for you to try to match all these names up looking at these lines, nobody expects that from you. So match'em up the old way and let us go shopping, lol!!
I agree with everyone else. Dont worry about the allergy part. Take it out and dont bother trying to match everyone up because of the allergies. I am an allergy sufferer and I can deal with it .... Most people who have allergies that are bad enough are on medication and if they are not ... they should be ...

Thanks Lori!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 AM

I concur Lori, it was so very kind of you to put in the extra questions and have concerns over everyone. But if this becomes to much of a job for you, you won't enjoy doing it :(

Whatever is easiest for you, the rest of us we be alright, and if not then whoever has a problem always has the option of not signing up ;)
Old 09-01-2011, 04:10 AM

One of my SP was allergic to cats and I have one so I found it to be fun in itself............The things I bought were never brought into my home.........I also packaged things up at work...............yes I was not able to pull from my stash....but that was ok...........I just had to do some creative shopping.................................

Just the knowledge of the allergies is needed...................
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 AM

I agree, we'll swap according to the questionaire answers..... now I want my name, pleeeeeeeeease and thank you for for all your hard work!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 AM

we already had a question about allergies, i always put coconut (very allergic) and have yet to receive any!! our sp does read the list, so that should be enough, lori drop the harder question and stop stressing, it has to be fun for you as well....thanks for all your hard work!!! (((HUGS)))
Old 09-01-2011, 04:48 AM

Lori, I agree with everyone. As long as the sender knows about the allergies, they can make the decision on what to send. You shouldn't have to stress over this. We want you to have fun too. You have done such a wonderful job and have made these swaps great.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 AM

I agree. As long as we know about the allergies, we can take precautions. Both my dogs and my one cat rank as low allergy risks. My puchases are kept in a large Ziploc bag immediately after purchase and taken to the Post Office in the same Ziploc bag. I thought including that information was to give swappers the information needed to avoid allergy situations.

Including that as part of the swap match selection removes the random match possibilities and creates a controlled match. Certainly not my idea of a SP Swap.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Lori, I agree with everyone. As long as the sender knows about the allergies, they can make the decision on what to send. You shouldn't have to stress over this. We want you to have fun too. You have done such a wonderful job and have made these swaps great.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: same here