Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 AM

Sorry to hear about Shane too, inspired by fayzer I will send a get well card if you pm his address. And of course prayers for him and all of your family.

Originally Posted by fayzer
Juli, I hate to hear about Shane getting burned He is such a littli boy and burn pain is awful. People who blame everyone else for their mistakes seem to multiply every day. If you will send me his address, I will send him a little "get well" package.
Originally Posted by Juli
Shane had to be taken to the hospital tonight. His father( who is a absolute moron-----he's the missing link) started his smoker to smoke his fish and just walked away and left it unattended with all the kids around and Shane walked up and put his hand on the burner. He has a 2nd degree burn on his hand. The Doctors popped the blisters at the hospital and Shane felt the pain. Which is good, it means there is no damage to the nerve. Jenny has to take him to the burn center now on Monday to have his hand evaluated some more. Jenny has to try and keep it as dry as possible until then.

Scott told Jenny that this was all her fault. He is such a creep. He is the one who started it, left it unattended while there were children around, and this is what happened........but its not at all his fault that it happened!!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Extremely cool reminder ... but this one was September 14th.
So :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Will it blink and swirl if I print it out? :mrgreen:
Yes this month was the 14th also. If swappers hadn't noted the mail by date perhaps that is why so many are on the bench. I'll head over after work with some wine, humus and pita chips. It takes my whole lunch break just to read the pages on this swap, but it is great fun to be getting to know every one more. Great packages have been coming in. Hope my sp gets hers soon. Sent it 2 weeks ago, but it was only going to Canada-is that the norm for Canada from US?
Old 09-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by starshine

Yes this month was the 14th also. If swappers hadn't noted the mail by date perhaps that is why so many are on the bench. I'll head over after work with some wine, humus and pita chips. It takes my whole lunch break just to read the pages on this swap, but it is great fun to be getting to know every one more. Great packages have been coming in. Hope my sp gets hers soon. Sent it 2 weeks ago, but it was only going to Canada-is that the norm for Canada from US?
I had a partner for a swap in canada and it took 2 weeks for her pot holder to get to her.So I think it does take that much time normally.You wouldn't think so .Being right above us .But they have their own customs after our customs. Guess that is what takes so long. Also they don't show when it is delivered like here does.Mary
Old 09-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Nothing from my Secret Pal today:(
Old 09-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Thanks Mary, well I hope my sp gets it by the weekend. Hang in there bench warmers, there still are a few days left in Sept.
And happy first day of Autumn/Fall!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by starshine

Star, I've always had problems mailing to Canada but the funny thing is, I can get my pkg to the UK faster than Canada! I dunno what's up w/Canadian mail but they slow as molasses, sending and receiving!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:01 PM

He's not at the Burn Center, he's at home. My sister has to take him to the center on Monday to have his hand looked at.

Juli, I am so sorry about Shane and hope he has a speedy recovery. Children bounce back faster than we do and I'm sure he is in good hands at the burn center. Add my prayers for his healing to the list.

Prayers also for peace in your household.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 PM

Got the new batteries for my camera so have taken some pictures of the awsome contents. The dog dental chew did not make it to the picture, Thorn my American Akita is sleeping with it! Also included but stored in the kitchen are a lovely set of a jug style cup measure and a little one. Both of them will be very handy for making the recipes posted on here and converting mine too.

Fabric, lint roller, sugar free truffles etc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261288[/ATTACH]

More chocolate, needles, dog treets, thread, seam ripper y cutter blades
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261289[/ATTACH]

Top half of Garden Song Panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261290[/ATTACH]

Bottom half of the panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261292[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-261235.jpe   attachment-261236.jpe   attachment-261237.jpe   attachment-261239.jpe  
Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 PM

I love the Garden song panel! Great package!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Great package.