Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-18-2011, 11:12 AM

Awesome packages, me I'm still waiting no biggie it will get here when it gets here.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 AM

Are we going for a record in the number of pages for the Secret Pal swap????????????...........yikes.........and most of us haven't received our packages yet...................I'll be joining everyone on the bench if I don't receive mine by next weekend.........if I was to join everyone on the bench now I would become a cow for sure with all those goodies being passed around.................
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 AM

Did anyone else see the news yesterday when they talked about first class mail taking longer to be delivered? I didn't hear the whole announcement. It is already taking 5 or more days for Priority Mail although the website says 2/3 days. Looks like our packages will be taking longer and longer to be delivered. Guess we will have to be patient but we don't have to like it.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Did anyone else see the news yesterday when they talked about first class mail taking longer to be delivered? I didn't hear the whole announcement. It is already taking 5 or more days for Priority Mail although the website says 2/3 days. Looks like our packages will be taking longer and longer to be delivered. Guess we will have to be patient but we don't have to like it.
I didn't hear that, but wouldn't be surprised. For packages, I almost always use Priority anyhow - it's not much more. Of course, as you pointed out, if Priority becomes the regular class, it will take longer still.

Personally, I'd prefer they stop delivering on Saturday and stop making it like a store. Do we really need 20 kinds of stamps with Bart Simpson, Elvis, etc. on them? Although I know that people do buy them to collect, I doubt very much that they actually make a profit. By the time they pay for the design, make the dies, etc., it gets pricey. Make one and let it be!

It also irritates me that the clerks have been instructed to ask after every transaction if I need stamps, boxes, packing tape ('cause you know that's where I'd buy it!) or would like to rent a PO box.

Personally, I think the PO should be removed from government - let competitors run a similar service.

Okay, I'll stop now...
Old 09-18-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Where is Tussymussy today?? Miss ya buddy. Mary
Over here, waving!!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:40 AM

I've been busy for 2 days and so many posts, so many pages to read and so many packages to admire. They are gorgeous.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
The specialty grocery store next to where I work has a British section. With all the recent talk of British Flake bars, I got a craving, so at lunch I went over to buy one. This was at the risk of causing nice smelling smudges on my company's paperwork because these are "messy"!!!! Anyway, they had them the other day, when I wasn't in the mood, but today they were sold out. So, I tried another kind with a honeycomb center - yummy, but not the same.
Would that be a crunchie bar SharonAnne? Different, but very nice in it's way. We do have some great chocolate over here.

The big brand is Cadbury which was taken over by Kraft not so long ago. The Cadbury family were Quakers and did a huge amount of good for their community when they made their money making chocolate. Sadly, that won't happen with Kraft. in fact they have already moved some production from here to Poland!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:51 AM

My SP received her package yesterday. She PMed me to let me know. Here is a picture of what I sent:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258680.jpe  
Old 09-18-2011, 11:53 AM

I am still on the bench. Maybe Monday!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:54 AM

Love the little candy corn guy!