Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Lori must have got to C, as I got my pals names, yippee!!!! YOU all won't believe one of them *giggling* and I recognized the other pal too from posting on the threads, this is gonna be FUN!

Ok, my "special" pal mentioned one item twice in their info, so I just placed an order for it, hope it gets here soon.

Did anyone get my name yet? :mrgreen:

Lori, hope all is settled on your end.
Oh my gosh you got my name....LOL You'll never guess who I got either, but I can't tell you.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by koko
I hope I get my SP's name by tomorrow morning...I'm going shopping tomorrow at a couple local quilt shops and hoped to have my list in hand...maybe I'll just have to pick items I want and get 2 - one for her and one for me - yea that'll work too :lol:
Koko if you get me that will work for me. So go ahead and get 1 for you and 1 for me too...lol
Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Ok so by now you know that I am sending out names slowly but surely! The emerg was my best friend who is in bad health fell and needed me, as I was leaving they came to spray the apartment so took that as a sign to get out of here asap. Got Marty settled for the night and her computer moves like molassas in January. I am home now and hard at work on my own computer!
Glad everything is ok. Got worried that something was wrong with your building or yourself.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by koko
I hope I get my SP's name by tomorrow morning...I'm going shopping tomorrow at a couple local quilt shops and hoped to have my list in hand...maybe I'll just have to pick items I want and get 2 - one for her and one for me - yea that'll work too :lol:
Koko if you get me that will work for me. So go ahead and get 1 for you and 1 for me too...lol
Ok - I'll keep that in mind just in case I get you!!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by Havplenty
thanks for your extra precautions mary. i was in a pincushion swap and it was discussed that some use walnut shells, sand or sawdust as stuffing for their pincushions. while it may be obvious not to send nut candies to someone who cannot tolerate it, irritants can also show up other places we least expect.

i am aware that those who do not suffer sever allergies may not understand the precautions those of us who do have to take. sometimes the comments the allergy free people make can seem so insensitive to those of us who may have life threatening allergies as seen in other postings on this board (but not necessarily this thread). when i see such flippant remarks i chalk it all up to a lack of knowledge more than insensitivity. either way, i will continue to express my opinion when it is something that can potentially effect my health.

mary

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I know allergies can be very bad. Mary was my partner a couple months ago.( Hi other Mary in Mo.) I do not smoke or allow smoking in my house.I bought her items and left them in my truck till I was ready to wrap and send them. Home made items I made at my daughters. I have a cat. Outside only. It really wasn't hard to work around Mary's allergies.Also anything with nuts when people are allergic to them. Just don't send any foods. Or send coffee,tea,etc.Just add another sewing item instead of nuts or candy. I'm not allergic to anything but adhesives. So send me lots of goodies. no problem here.lol. I really feel sorry for those who do suffer them.It really isn't fun. Hope Lori is well and everything is good with her. Mary
Havplenty, Don't worry we understand your concerns. I also have allergies to all nuts but peanuts. It's really weird that I can have peanuts. Also all my kids and I have allergies to medications. All kids are allergic to penicillin. Myself and 2 of the kids have allergies to many pain medications. I have very severe allergies to many pain meds which creates a problem treating my neck and back pain. I am also allergic to meds for nerve pain. My youngest daughter was test at years old on the southwest panel and test positive to all 60 things, most severe. She is supposed to carry an eppy pen with her. The poor kid is allergic to all fruits and raw eggs. No licking the batter bowl for her. I think that you will find that most us here on the swap will be understanding to yours and others issues.
That what it is for Shane too. Raw eggs makes his skin go raw.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:46 PM

I can so relate to the allergies as I have many Eggs, wheat and many more I also carry an EPI Pen at all times.

I understand!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:13 PM

OK it's 1am and not quite done but stopping for the night be back with you tomorrow or I should say later today! goodnight all!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanks for all you do Lori!!! Have a good night!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Got my pals names (2) this month.
Thank you Lori get some rest.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
OK it's 1am and not quite done but stopping for the night be back with you tomorrow or I should say later today! goodnight all!
As I am 8 hours ahead is that why I got mine??? Now the fun begins. Whee hee