Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I got my name Airwick156 when I tried to get a yahoo email account. Every single name I tried to use was already taken and I didn't want a name with a bunch of numbers behind it.I was about to turn the computer off and saw a Can of Airwick citrus room spray on the bookcase shelf and I thought hmmm maybe thats available...well I tried and no it wasnt but gave me the choice of numbers behind it and I was so aggravated that I clicked on Airwick156.
That's cute. Made me chuckle. Mary

:thumbup:
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I have a thought (imagine that!) Can we all tell how we came up with our screen names? Well I have no imagination I guess, actulally I first signed up as lepeercy but people were kind of stand offish, like I had some kind of disease or something so I asked to change it to Lori Peercy and was OKed by administrator. So I became Lori Peercy. I have often wondered when I put swap together what your screen names mean. What do you all think? Sound like fun?
mine is easy...it is NOT the disney character, it is because when i was in high school (way back when) i was horrible to wake up in the morning, so my dad started calling me grumpy!! and it just stuck...and the numbers are the zip code that i lived in my entire life until 9 years ago when i moved to texas!!.........gina
Old 09-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Swap Hosts

I have a thought (imagine that!) Can we all tell how we came up with our screen names? Well I have no imagination I guess, actulally I first signed up as lepeercy but people were kind of stand offish, like I had some kind of disease or something so I asked to change it to Lori Peercy and was OKed by administrator. So I became Lori Peercy. I have often wondered when I put swap together what your screen names mean. What do you all think? Sound like fun?
Add to this thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142025-1.htm
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Back from the Dr. She has ordered an MRI but have to have prior approval from Medicaid before they can schedule, they will call me and let me know when I can go. Gave me stronger pain pills and a hug. Also said after MRI depending on what it shows we can do an epidural (sp). I told her I would do anything I needed to be pain free.
Hi Lori,

I am also waiting for a MRI for back pain and numb fingers and toes ... they said they would put a rush on it ... when I got my appointment for Dec 19 ... I called them right up and said "I thought you were putting a rush on it" ... they said we did ... usually you have to wait 8 months to a year ... hopefully you wont have to wait very long for yours.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Okay.
1) Hints for my SP. We both love the fall colors and lives southeast of me.
2) My avatar is pronounces "Jesus Lives". He is the Lord of my Life and it's fun to watch people try and figure it out:-)
oohh maybe me, i love fall colors, and texas is certainly southeast of you.......maybe!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Swap Hosts

From the thread I listed above ...
My real name is Christine, but my mother often used the European version ... as in ...

Mom walks into living room and notices a huge splotch of orange paint all over the new blue floral sofa slipcovers she just made.
"Krystyna, Krystyna. What is this? Well, that IS a lovely painting of a pumpkin you've made."

Mom walks into my bedroom and sees me hard at work on one of her old skirts, snipping away with scissors in hand.
"Krystyna, Krystyna! My goodness! Isn't that a fancy hula skirt you've made."

Mom passes by the hall closet and notices a sign I enthusiastically made to remind me of the schedule for my soon-to-start violin lessons. It is affixed with to the lovely oak door with glue meant to repair shoes and has a fancy leather frame made from my father's old belts.
"Krystyna, Krystyna! Oh! Oh ... Well, now no one will forget your lessons for a long time. Oh. Oh, my."

So, in keeping with my quilting qualities ... I decided to use the ID Krystyna. Mom passed away many years ago, but with each quilt I finish, I can hear her say ...

"Krystyna, Krystyna. Oh my. What have you made here ..."
Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I got my name Airwick156 when I tried to get a yahoo email account. Every single name I tried to use was already taken and I didn't want a name with a bunch of numbers behind it.I was about to turn the computer off and saw a Can of Airwick citrus room spray on the bookcase shelf and I thought hmmm maybe thats available...well I tried and no it wasnt but gave me the choice of numbers behind it and I was so aggravated that I clicked on Airwick156.
hey, airwick....i LOVE your location....you live the same place i do!!!!!!!!! gina
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
I have been walk-n-roll for about 7 yrs. since I walked & rolled myself 100 lbs. lighter.
congrats!!! good job....and you deserve the GREAT name!!!!! gina
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM

My screen name is because I live in the country and I 'try' to create and planning ahead, should I ever be fortunate enough to ever quit work and start my own business, that would me my company name, even already have the website (wishful thinking). My avatar is pic of a bee I took on a cactus.

and no need to give any more clues... my SP received the package today at 2:07!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM

My screen name is just plain boring ... lol ... My first and middle name initials and then my last name!!! Go figure ... not very creative. :shock: