Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM

OK, haven't been on here all day and had to catch up. I know about walk-n-roll's weight loss, and also who her sp is. I am now up to a big box of chocolate AND a big box of scraps to sell her out.
    Robyn, amazing weight loss for you! (I'm not mean, walk-n-roll knows I'm impressed by her loss, too.)
    My thomp116 is totally boring, but nothing I wanted was available. So, since I've used that forever, it's just easier to stick to the same old thing. Also better on this questionable memory!
    As for my sp, I'm in slow motion this week and haven't worked on her gift as yet (well, maybe the buying part is taken care of). Hopefully, I will be able to do that in the next couple of days.
    I must say, I do like Camilla, Moonbeam and Spring. Perhaps I should hop on the pin cushion bandwagon and make one for my sp........perhaps I will name mine Crystal.
    Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    My daughter has four and when she was in an apartment they were all over the place. They loved the hallway for full speed action. I won't tell you some of the things they did or you might be scared of a third one. LOL!
    i had four cats, three children and a husband all living together harmoniously at one time. believe me i know the antics of cats and what they get into. i had plenty of space for them then. my daughter wanted a gerbil, named it wiggles but i had one cat that hunted and was very efficient at it. poor wiggles had barely escaped some inquiring paws one day on our return home. wiggles managed to live his life uneaten. so did the guinea pig for that matter.

i thought i saw a hint for me on here ealier but now i cannot find it. will my sp post it again or something similar so that i can see it? it's too many pages for me to go through now and it was a subtle hint. i woould really appreciate it if you can post something again. thanks in advance.

for my sps (i have 2 this month):
    1) one state i have visited several times before (i have visited 35 states so far) and the other place i have not yet been there. but i checked my map and see exactly where it is and someday i may make it there also.
    2) one sp likes the same fruit that i like and the other sp likes to travel which i love doing.
    3) we have many other things in common such as similar loves of fabric color, certain foods, fav drinks. we three are connected by some sort of passport to life and it doesn't hurt when we have to do a double take at times.
    Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 PM

my board name reflects my philosophy of life. after going through some very hectic life transitions (mother died, acrimonious divorce (i had been a minister's wife for years), scattering of my children, a life changing medical diagnosis & a brother at death's door) that all seem to be happening one eye blink after another, i remember sitting in my pastor's office one day telling him i was afraid to exhale as something else tragic may happen.

My pastor said to me then that Jesus knew i was strong enough to endure the things he was allowing me to go through or else he wouldn't let me go through them. I knew then as now, that Jesus loves me so very much and thought that day if he believes in me this much then i too would trust god's judgement in such a hectic time of my life. i have taken every step in my life since then in absolute faith knowing that as i have Jesus in my life i havplenty. an abundance.
    Old 09-06-2011, 10:51 PM

What a beautiful attitude to have!
    Originally Posted by Havplenty
    my board name reflects my philosophy of life. after going through some very hectic life transitions (mother died, acrimonious divorce (i had been a minister's wife for years), scattering of my children, a life changing medical diagnosis & a brother at death's door) that all seem to be happening one eye blink after another, i remember sitting in my pastor's office one day telling him i was afraid to exhale as something else tragic may happen.

My pastor said to me then that Jesus knew i was strong enough to endure the things he was allowing me to go through or else he wouldn't let me go through them. I knew then as now, that Jesus loves me so very much and thought that day if he believes in me this much then i too would trust god's judgement in such a hectic time of my life. i have taken every step in my life since then in absolute faith knowing that as i have Jesus in my life i havplenty. an abundance.
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:59 AM

My board name is just my first name and part of my middle name..
    Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Originally Posted by skaduzy
    My given name is Suzanne and my husband always calls me SuzySkaduzy so I shortened it to Skaduzy.
    I was wondering what is in front of the cat in your avatar?
    It's a roast chicken and that cat couldn't keep her eyes off of it.
    Typical of Siamese! Mine were chicken lovers, in fact would kill for it. Sadly all have gone to cat heaven now, but I loved being owned by 3 beauties.
    Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 AM

Wow, living in a different time zone has it's surprises. Like waking up in the dead of your night and having so many pages to read. I think it is sneaky of you all to play so much while I am asleep! :XD:

My SP's squishy is going out today, if the storm lets me. Who sent Irene this away??? She's not so strong but got caught in a cloud burst this morning so am wringing wet.

Lots of lovely stories all I can say is thanks for sharing. This really feels like a family - lots of squabbling kids! :XD:
    Old 09-07-2011, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Wow, living in a different time zone has it's surprises. Like waking up in the dead of your night and having so many pages to read. I think it is sneaky of you all to play so much while I am asleep! :XD:

My SP's squishy is going out today, if the storm lets me. Who sent Irene this away??? She's not so strong but got caught in a cloud burst this morning so am wringing wet.

Lots of lovely stories all I can say is thanks for sharing. This really feels like a family - lots of squabbling kids! :XD:
    That's the way I feel every morning....having to catch up with many, many new posts. But love reading them, so keep posting!!!

My squishy is packed and ready to go, but have to wait until Saturday to do so. Next hint...my SP got a pet and loves batiks.
    Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 AM

Sent my squishy to my SP yesterday, its on its way!!

If I was to go home (AR) I would go straight north to get where the squishy is headed....cold weather..
    Old 09-07-2011, 03:47 AM
    Swap Hosts

Hoping that the special fabric I ordered for my SP arrives today so I can get her package into the mail. Hint: it's Moda.