Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Swampfox I said that I did not like sour candy. Can you give more clues?

I've been shopping on ebay for my sp. Hope you like it. Not sure when I am going to send it. Wish I knew your hair color sooner.

My sp likes batiks. ginger tea, and chocolate, and will send her something hand made. I will get pkg together this week.

cuppy

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    Going to the quilt shop today so will pick up something special for my SP.... and the package will go out on Monday.... and maybe get there by Wednesday....or I could take it to her.. LOL
    That has to be me! Yipee!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Dare I ask why?
    I don't think that's a good idea.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    That has to be me! Yipee!
    Sorry not this time, maybe next time, seems Lori likes to keep my SP's close to me...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    I don't have my SP box packed yet. I have been shopping for her though. I plan to make her something special this weekend. Oh did I tell you she loves pink. Here is why I have been so busy.

Good Morning to all! It looks like everyone has been busy this week. What I ordered for one of my SPs came in the mail yesterday and I am going to my LQS today as they are having a sale. $2 off per yard....quite good I think. Then will package things up and mail out on Monday. It seems batiks are to be purchased today as that is something that my SPs like. Well better getting moving as lots of shopping and package to do! Everyone have a great day!

I can't keep up, so I am skipping to the last page. I'm just waiting on a special item for my secret pal. Hopefully it will get here in time. The box is ready to go and has some blueberry jelly. I'll let you know when it's on its way. Going west of me.
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    LOL, and you lost me on the Diet Coke, I am a diet Pepsi girl, but since I am trying to give it up for good I don't drink much any more. Now only in a blue moon when I have lunch with the girls.

Well one of my packages is heading North in a few hours... I would be very glad to go with that package! But I will be headed there in about 6 more weeks! I just can't wait~ My Granddaughter will be 3 years old and I am so excited about spending a week with her and my Daughter. Oh and while I am at it her Zip adds up to 22 ! This will be a super Surprise SP, so really she is a SSSP... I love when I am so creative at 3 AM...

my sleep pattern is totally messed up! Yesterday We took my MIL to Dr to have surgery on her wrist (carpel Tunnel) and I didn't get any sleep, so last night I went to bed about 8PM Wide awake at 1AM... I have no idea how long it will be before my internal clock resets... But I am getting a lot of sewing done in the middle of the night!

Enjoy your day~ marybeth

My zip adds to 22 - so this really could be me!!!!
    I'll be sure to have my lovey watching for my package.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    I was up this morning at 5:30 and made some danish cream cheese bars for us to have with our coffee.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Fayzer is there a pattern for the bib? If so where can I find it? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    Fayzer is there a pattern for the bib? If so where can I find it? Thanks
    Go here for the free bib pattern.

Fayzer~the quilt and bib are really nice!! Love the color and pattern in the fabric on the bib!!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    I love that Bib, and my Grand Babies all needed bibs with arm holes. They are messy eaters...Still. Maybe I can make a bigger version of that one LOL.

I love Batiks, Ginger tea and Chocolate, maybe I am your secret pal?
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Doing the happy Dance Got my SP Pkg today from Vanogay. will try and post a photo. But still need to go play with the things I got. THANK YOU vanogay
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Guess I better start packing the box for my SP. Been adding things and don't remember what I have put in there.
    Hint: Her state borders one of the Great Lakes.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Ok, so I'm west of those sending anything west of them. So it must be me!

Oh I'm also North of California, that must me be too.

As for my SP. I picked up some chocolate ...mmm....at Target and a cutie note pad. You don't like Pink, Purple or a some other colors. So Blue's are the winnah in this package.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    Doing the happy Dance Got my SP Pkg today from Vanogay. will try and post a photo. But still need to go play with the things I got. THANK YOU vanogay

Holy crap...that was fast. lol, but I'm waiting to see the goodies already!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

So the mailman scared the bejeezus out of me and the cats. We were sitting here, minding our own business, the fat cat came in from the porch and then we both heard the mail drop into the slot.. So he jumps about a foot and followed me out to investigate. As I'm looking at the mail from the slot I hear a THUD against the door that I was standing right next to and a loud BANG BANG BANG knock. And then I jumped a foot. Opened it to find a big box and I was like... what the heck could that be, I don't think I've ordered anything in awhile, and I checked and I recognized the name and I was like.. I can't remember what she said she was sending me, I know she sent me fabric before, but what the heck is this. and it rattled, so of course I shook it around like a rattle for fun.. then I was like... oo it's a computer motherboard box and it has computer words on it, maybe I shouldn't shake it. Well, then I went to get a brownie, and some scissors and tried not to stab myself in the hand getting it open cause EVERY FREAKING SEAM WAS TAPED. And well there was fabric on top and I was like.. oh maybe she was sending me more "ugly" fabric.. then I pulled the fabric off and there were GOODIES!

There was probably every single flavor of tea this brand makes. Black with pink floral fabric, a purple fabric, and a mauvey fabric, a pomegranate bath fizzy diamond, some moth balls? hehe, BUTTONS, pretty red glass beads, violin rosin for my violin, some extra bobbins, some bias tape, some little strips of blue fabric that was holding the purple and mauve fabric around a walking foot and a darning foot for my machine, some really pretty variegated thread, and a pencil thing that I feel like if I drew with it it would be oily and thick and fun and I like to draw but I'm not sure if it's for fabric or for drawing.. and a little thread holder for my machine. And a book about embellishing quilts. And well there was a little yellow web sleeve thing that I'm not sure if that was supposed to be in there or found it's way in or if it had held the moth balls before I shook it up hehehe. But I think I'll go put it on the cat's head. I love it when people send me ways to torment my kitties It makes them more well rounded and tolerant beasties.

Thanks MissusFear! Just in time for me to try to figure out how to put the foot on so I can quilt something for my SP who wants something homemade or locally made.. So if I make it, that makes it both homemade and locally made right?
    Oh.. here's a pic.
    Name:  IMG_20120908_151957.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  140.2 KB
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    LOL! I think you put that over your thread for more control. The moth balls are cedar...I like the way they smell and you said you liked nice smells! The pencil is for drawing! DO NOT put it on fabric! You need to remove your shank and make sure the bar thingie is over the top of the other thingie on you machine (sure am a big help with terms eh?) for the darning foot. Now sew a button!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Oh good so I wasn't hallucinating that I had seen that pencil in the art supply store before.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

very nice package!!
    Brenda

Wow goodies are already arriving. You certainly hit the jackpot Anastasia, some really lovely goodies. (And I like your avatar too.) I said I like things that are home/locally made, are you sending it to me??? I have finished my shopping, tomorrow I will finishing my sewing, and Monday a squishy will be flying away.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Got my box all wraped and ready for the mail Monday.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast