Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Blog Entries
    We have 79 signed up now, have been busy packing and taking boxes down to first floor apt and unpacking. They do not have the old carpet tore up yet and the new carpet in so can only put stuff into the kitchen, bathroom and storage closet (where most of my fabric is). They are not carpeted areas. Purging as I go. Am dead tired!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Krystyna, I really need to ask you why you feel that you must going shopping for something "special" and not what you have already purchased and have on hand for just these swaps?? Or what you have taken the time and effort into making. I think I've put together some pretty great boxes and have bought here and there as I have seen items that I thought would be enjoyed. I know they ask what would you like most but sometimes that just isn't possible. Maybe I have totally missed something here and don't belong in this swap at all. I just don't understand why you would even think something like that. If I am out of line, please forgive me, but I truly think you are being way too hard on yourself. I feel like this should not be a hardship on anyone, but an extra little surprise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Oh my dear friends, I am visiting, but signing up? *sigh* I don't think so.
    Too busy with a million things ... tracking down missing quilts for the Doll Quilt Swap (*ahem*)
    Finishing up the Patriotic Quilt for the Joann's employee ... which I am doing right now.
    Finishing sea horses and pink ribbons and who knows what all else for friends on the board ...
    And I have a mountain of tomatoes and peppers and figs and blackberries and raspberries that need to get processed fast ... we got sprayed last night for mosquitoes and I wanted to get as much picked as possible before the truck came through ...
    But ... today is the 29th ... and the deadline is the 31st ...
    If only people would be happy with whatever I put into a package so I wouldn't have to take the time for special shopping ... which can't be done right now ... c'est la vie!

I would be willing to wait for my package until the end iof the month.....if I got you as a partner! HUGS to you!

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Lang may yer lum reek.
    It's Scots - the literal translation is, 'Long may your chimney (lum) reek (smoke)'.

In other words - 'Have a long life!'

I don't think you're dumb at all - there's probably quite a few - including those who live on the same island - who were wondering too!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

It means, "Send every SP package to Buslady or else!"
    No Krystyna, it means - 'Stop messing about and join the swap'.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Krystyna I think you have plenty of stash, patterns, and other goodies to do the swap. I remember your pictures of the multitude of fabric you had. I'm sure no one would have a problem with you not shopping. I guess you are out numbered, so sign up before it's to late. Oh, you also have jam, don't forget.

Blog Entries
    You know, some of you can be very pesty.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Us pesty? Now where did you get that idea? But I do too share with the rest! JOIN US AGAIN IN THE SWAP. On a serious note, not that I wasn't serious to begin with, sometimes all of us individually have things in life that are more priority and we do have to take a back burner on some things...so if you don't join this swap for sept. then I say that there should be a penalty for you: you send us all of your great jam!

Blog Entries
    Jam? What jam?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I'm being good

Of course I have been working and can barely keep up with
    my own name much less the board lately.

I work today than I have a 4 day weekend. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Hi Everybody...I've been away for the past couple of months working my way through Massage school...I've missed deadlines to sign up...school has been so very challenging, but I am loving it, AND I have soooo missed all of you and reading the posts...I have not even had much time to just look, but I've been missing you too much, so I just sent a PM to Lori this morning and I'm in!! I have next week off from school, so I can get my package done then!! Hmmmmm...now who will it be???
    Michelle

Sent in my info to Lori, I have quite a stash of 'stuff' I have been collecting when on sale and so forth for my SS. So I asked for 3 this time!! Hope 'who ever' I gets likes what I send, of course i'll have to wait to 'personalize' wach box until i get her info...... hum..wonder who 'they' will be? Wonder where 'they' will live? Far or near?

I so enjoy these swpas ladies, thanks for the time and effort you all put into making each one special.
    Have a blessed day.
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Only because we care and want you as part of our swap.

I thought I had already signed back up but I guess not. Gonna slide in just barely under the wire....I have really enjoyed this swap the past two months.
    Sending a PM to Lori.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    Only because we care and want you as part of our swap.
    Foo.......
    Krystyna

Beeboop, you work in the Chrysler Bldg? That is my favorite building in all of the world! My late MIL lived in a penthouse on Park Ave and I used to just sit on her balcony and enjoy that view. I was able to tour it once..just so wonderful![/QUOTE]

Yes I have been in this buidling for about 2 years now and I really enjoy it. I think the best part for me is I have access to the subway right inside the building so when the weather is horrible I don't have to worry about it cuz the train leaves me right under my desk as my DH likes to say....lol The building is gorgeous and it is always filled with tourist taking pics of the lobby since there is no observatory like the Empire State Building. I enjoy watching tourist enjoy what our city has to offer. My dentist is on the 69th floor of the building and it is quite a view from up there. A little scary but none the less it is breathtaking! I only work on the 12th floor so no view here, other buildings block everything. My old jobs I was on the 28th floor with a view so when I go to my dentist thats when I take it all in... I hope you weren't in the area of the Empire State Building the day that man shot and killed his ex boss in the morning. I think it happened the day you left. That was madness! So sad that people will take another person's life like that.
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

Blog Entries
    LaQuita, how are you doing? Did you have the surgery? How is your daughter?
    Krystyna

This is one of the only swaps that I am able to complete from my own stash and sewing room nine out of ten times!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Foo.......
    Krystyna, I love your choice of words! You always make me smile...

LaQuita..just wondering how you are doing after your surgery?!!? I hope you are doing well.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Krystyna- If you send me beach plum jam I'll send you some red raspberry jelly. If by chance you get me as your secret pal.
    Patience comes to him who waits providing he knows what he is waiting for.

Krystyna, don't worry about making the packages special by shopping - I agree with Jaba - make them special with what you have. I'd love to receive one from you. SIGN UP!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

I am in, couldn't miss the fun.
    Vicki W

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty grammie View Post
    Krystyna- If you send me beach plum jam I'll send you some red raspberry jelly. If by chance you get me as your secret pal.

I have some apple butter I just canned up... Canned jellies, jams and butters swap!! lol
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    OMG apple butter! I grew up in Western NY and all things apples remind me of growing up.

ESPECIALLY apple butter. It's epic. And no matter how much companies try, there is no duplicating home-made apple butter.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    I have my package all together (except maybe favorite colors, and if I have on hand something they love!) I was going to ask a profound question of utmost importance~ slipped right out of my mind! I hate it when that happens~

Maybe I will be back later if I can remember what it was!!!!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast