Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 09-21-2012, 04:02 PM

My hint for my SP that I said should give it away.... How did that song go? Do you know the way to ____ ______?
Had fun giving hints, hope you have enjoyed it too. I haven't checked the delivery confirmation, but I would think it will be there either Saturday or Monday. Will have to check it out.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:00 PM

Quiltymom and mdall, thanks out to both of you for the wonderful packages! Every single item will be used and appreciated. I appologize for it taking me so long to get back to you. I have been so crazy this whole month. Had to go out of town for work so worked late monday and tuesday, left right after work wednesday and not home til late thursday. Whew, makes me tired just typing it. Anyway, the bright side was that DH had retrieved all packages, including an RAK package on his way to pick me up. We live in a trailor park, just moved here, apparently since pkgs dont fit in the boxes they leave them at the clubhouse! I took pictures when i opened them, but did not get a chance to post them today, cant from here, but will post first chance i get. In the meantime, please know that they were both, great packages. Sue sent homemade strawberry and apple pie jelly. DH is still drueling! Lots of fabric, maple syrup, honey and M&M s. And books. I love books. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 PM

Buslady sounds like you got a very nice package.

No package for me today. Am I alone on the bench? How about a piece of warm pie?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 PM

Cathy (Catjo) - I just finished sending you a great big thank you PM!!! Your package was inspired, fun, and every single thing was useful and will be used. And your clues were great, too, especially since I learned more about where I lived than I knew before. What a great SP partner you are.

To let everyone else know just what they missed - (although next month there will be another lucky SP who I'm sure will be just as fortunate) - I got what was on my wish list. A Dresden ruler which is now the first specialty tool I own. Oh do I have ideas for that one!!! also in the package was miles of lace, FQ's for which I also have ideas, a biography, an adorable plastic container which I cannot have enough of, a counted cross stitch kit, a strawberry shaped notepad for my purse, a pretty nail file, flower seed packets, beautiful and sturdy floral garden tools for my flower beds, crocheting patterns, two Quilters Newletter magazines - both of which are awesome. I had to tear myself away from reading to get on here to thank her. All of this was accompanied by a very sweet note. Thank you sewwwww very much, Cathy, for a wonderful experience this month. Pictures will follow as soon as I locate the chip for my camera. I think it is in my printer in the office as I was printing some photos for my mom a few days ago.

Signed - A most grateful recipient

PS I am going to a Quilt/Craft show tomorrow all by myself so I can do every booth at my own pace. Can't wait. Usually I go with someone, but I decided that I needed "me" time to shop and take pictures without inconveniencing anyone else's pace. I'll post best in show and some of my favorites on Sunday or Monday. I hope I can get some sleep and not keep my eyes glued to those magazines all night.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
My hint for my SP that I said should give it away.... How did that song go? Do you know the way to ____ ______?
Had fun giving hints, hope you have enjoyed it too. I haven't checked the delivery confirmation, but I would think it will be there either Saturday or Monday. Will have to check it out.
Yay... San Jose!!! And it arrived earlier than you thought. What a great Friday this was. First a Starbuck's party at work sponsored by the new shop that will open next week right next door. Right after that, the space shuttle made its final flight over our building at only 1500 feet up. Everyone ran out and jumped up and down, cheered - it was an amazingly humbling and patriotic feeling to be able to witness this historic and beautiful event. The sky was a deep blue and clear as a bell. The white shuttle and it's accompanying black fighter jet was stunning to see. Then after work, I went to a quilt shop that is going out of business and bought 2.5 yards of fabric for next to nothing. After a few errands, and dinner out with DH, I came home to your awesome package. This was a good day, indeed!!! Thanks for being part of it.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:38 PM

Photos of Catjo's gift to me. Sorry for upside down FQ labels. Was dark, and I was fighting Mr. Sandman.

Well, sorry, it keeps failing. I have cropped, renamed, etc with no luck. I'll try tomorrow. I'm burned out completely tonight.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Photos of Catjo's gift to me. Sorry for upside down FQ labels. Was dark, and I was fighting Mr. Sandman.

Well, sorry, it keeps failing. I have cropped, renamed, etc with no luck. I'll try tomorrow. I'm burned out completely tonight.
Sharon, you don't have to crop hon, just RESIZE.....and keep resizing UNTIL it posts, that's all there is to it!
If you're still having problems, you can send them to me via email and I'll post them for you, just PM me.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:18 AM

I got back from Texas last night and found a great package from Cannyquilter. I love everything in it. Goodness, I do love this swap! I really do love the fabric and will turn it into a quilt immediately! Peach was delighted with it as well. He was even glad I was home again..pretty good for the aloof Mr. Peach! Just look at all of the fun things I got from England! I can't wait to eat that chocolate!
Attached Thumbnails dscn1945.jpg   dscn1946.jpg   dscn1947.jpg  
Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 AM

Here goes. Theresa - thanks for the offer. I don't have a good photo program on my computer. The windows program that came with this will only let me resize up (at least that I can figure out). The only way to make it less than the max size is to crop.

Well, it looks like it "took" this time. I changed the names for the third time, and the program seems to like the new titles.

Enjoy seeing the goodies Catjo sent. Happy Saturday, all. I'm itching to get to the show, but it doesn't start for about 3 hours yet...
Attached Thumbnails sept-2012-sp-pic-2.jpg   sept-2012-sp-pic-1.jpg   sept-2012-sp-pic-3.jpg  
Old 09-22-2012, 06:38 AM

Sharon, I am glad you liked everything I sent. Enjoyed stuffing the package full for you. Enjoy!!