Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal swap IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT >

September Secret Pal swap IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

September Secret Pal swap IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Old 09-30-2010, 08:47 PM

I got to get off the bench yesterday. And JRSAY,you don't know how wonderful it was to get your package yesterday. I am having some knee issues with the new replacement (12-09) and even after driving 2 1/2 hrs to my ortho, we don't know yet if I will need it replaced again, due to an infection. But your package sooooo lifted my spirits and made me smile. My computer is still not letting me do pics but I love the 4 fabrics of yellow and fall orange and the camo for making a neck wrap. There was also some needles, easy pull bodkin, adirondacks buttons, thread, scissors, ruler, marking pencil, sticky notes and a birdhouse pattern that I had been looking to buy. My mom always told me to think before jumping into buying. She was sooo right. It is perfect. And I love the hibiscus pic on your card. Everything was awesome and thank you again.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:11 AM

Good Morning!

No more stressing about the swap. All I can do is all I can do. I am still getting PM's that packages are just now going out.

I do realize that life gets in the way but it only takes a minute to drop a short note to the host of a swap.

Anyway, it's the first of October and I'm really excited about this month's swap.

Suzanne
Old 10-01-2010, 04:46 AM

Suzanne, don't stress over the swap, people are going to do what they are going to do..you are doing a great job keeping tabs on those who don't want to play fair..I could not enjoy the gift I received if I had not sent. We just need to weed them out. Can't wait to get home to see what is in that box that MistyMarie has sent me..I went to Big Lots yesterday and was surprised to see a thimbleberries calendar for next year and fabric fat quarters with spools of thread on them..you betcha I picked up doubles..:o)
Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 AM

We just got a new Big Lots, guess where I am going after work today!
Old 10-01-2010, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
We just got a new Big Lots, guess where I am going after work today!
I took my dog to be groomed, hubby didn't go so that gave me time to look at everything and touch and feel thing..so off to biglots I went..I spent an hour just looking and buying..have fun.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:02 AM

Oh great! Now I'm going to have to go to BIg Lots....lol

Suzanne
Old 10-01-2010, 05:05 AM

Off to Big lots and Tuesday Morning going to see if I can find some more goodies to put in my stash for Secret Pals. Have a great day all.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

I guess I'm going to big lots too. Suzanne your doing great. All of us are behind you 100% I am still waiting too. it's no big deal. Like the others said it's fun too give and recieve.Maybe today if not oh well. On to octobers swap.I have some things ready already too. May find more at big lots. Everybody have a great day. Mary
Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Ida

OMG What a wonderful secret pal Ragamuffin corner (Frances) is. She sent me a quilting magazine perfect for the new beginner I am, the most gorgeous pin cushion I have EVER seen, hand painted, and a candle holder(I can't describe - also hand painted by her). I will send picture as soon as I find my digital camera; it's probably where the cell phone is - hiding!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM

Well, I am off the bench!!!! Woo-Hoo! Angie (ruacajun) sent me a box filled with goodies (some batik fat quarters, some quilting embellishments, a retractile measuring tape- which i needed, and the cutest handmade mini log cabin block, and also some Mardi Gras beads and coins for my son). I will try to get a pic posted if I can (it is a 75 hour work week for me :( ) I always love to drool over everyone else's packages.

Suzanne, I am wondering if we are suppose to leave feedback on our secret pals that followed through and sent us stuff????