Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST >

Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST

Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST

Old 04-13-2013, 02:59 AM

LOL buslady no sunbonnet sues in your dq. I have never made one. I do make odd things though so you too can be prepared. my mind goes on little tangents and well you get what you get

Pink hoodies? fuzzy slippers to go with it? Krystyna if we could only put them in a bubble. also there are such things as limo hirings for the night.. each of the guys pitches in, they take it to their destination and well get plastered and take it home and no one is hurt. seems like the way to go for peace of mind for all involved. maybe you could pitch in your share even though your not driving cut the cost a tiny bit more? just a thought. too bad they arent closer my son has a limo company. Ok second, brides in flattering outfits.. that is what it is right. beautiful dress... what about getting the tats airbrushed for the wedding? make up artists at hair saloons etc would do that.. its just temporary. otherwise it is who she is.. tats and all embrace it. some things we can change in life .. somethings we have no control so you might as well embrace it. And if only 50 people show up, I think its a wonderful thing. no such thing as only. and 100 is a whole lot of people. I had 100 at my first wedding. I was just as happy at my last one with only 15 of us. so its not the amount of people its the joy in the day. I hope they know that. Last there are places online that you can do a payment plan for a future cruise so when the final month comes your not tossing it out there all at once. Kids, they are happy with little. I get the gotta get right back to work at least they are giving themselves at least a night out, in a hotel to celebrate right? I wanna see your dress.

oh and buslady I found a pic of me in the early 90's on a cruise all dressed up. OMG could those padded shoulders be any bigger? I thought I was so smartly dressed bought the darned thing at nordstroms.. I look like some wanna be military/waiter. lol it was bad. big brass buttons, double breasted front, black with monster shoulder pads and oh me with that big hair feathered bangs almost standing up from all the hairspray that you used freeze and shine it was called. your hair felt like it was so brittle it would break if you touched it. yeah I recall those days. bet you looked great for the time dear. you can always cut up that dress and make a memory quilt with it! crazy quilt time is coming perfect time to use those other fabrics in your designs.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Swap Hosts

I only wish they were hiring a limo for the night. But no.

Just kidding about the hoodie footie. I actually have one from pajama gram that my husband bought a couple of years ago. They are awful. The crotch is mid-thigh and there are weird hand things. He actually bought me two. Of all the darn things that were spared, they are among them. I think they'll be going into the donation bin at church.

As for the number of guests, the bride's father wanted to put on a big show for their family - and many live far away so I guess that's why they're not coming. I've been happily staying out of the whole thing especially since it often seems the wedding is more about him than the couple -- and my son is a mere accessory.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 AM

Mary, your dq is going out in todays mail.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:55 AM

I just received "The Little Watering Can" mini doll quilt for April from Debbyg. It is beautiful! Two of my favorite things; hand embroidery and patchwork in such bright cheerful colors, too! Love it, love it, love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407818[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails little-water-can.jpg  
Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Swap Hosts

That's so sweet!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:12 PM

BertieD- love the embroidered watering can with flowers.......nice work DebbyG.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:20 PM

I mailed April DQ to JeanD this morning..I have not been able to find her on the Board..After looking at all the great work and ideas posted, mine seems rather plain..
Prayers for all - No fun being sick..hurt loved ones.
seems like weddings (supposed to be fun and joyful) can be a big challenge. Hope it all turns out happy and good news for everyone!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 AM

Love the dq's coming in.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 AM
Swap Hosts

Well, yesterday didn't pan out as planned. The car wasn't ready and both of my embroidery machines are still in the shop. So .... I worked on my "therapy" quilts with lots of thread painting with some inspiration from Leah Day. This evening I will get to work on Wanda Lou's quilt for the month. I know just what I'm going to do and since I've been quilting like a maniac lately, it'll be done in no time at all.
Hoping everyone has a beautiful day!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:53 AM

Hey Y'all, I am still alive...Skaduzy, I do have the top completed now to layer and quilt it! here is a little sneak peak.
Attached Thumbnails dq.jpg