Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST >

Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST

Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST

Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Swap Hosts

Linda-Brat, I sure hope you feel better soon. Man, you sure are right. Getting old isn't for sissies.

Blaze did get paid. They finally put him on the books so if they go belly up at least he'll get unemployment until he finds something else. They paid him with a check and it remains to be seen if it bounces or not.

The honeymoon will only be a couple of days as they both have to go back to work. They hope to take a longer one in January when things slow down and little cruises are cheaper (or so they think).

The wedding: the service was going to be at our parish and, in fact, they sent out invitations with the time and address. SURPRISE! The church was flooded and there are no floors or pews. They offered the parish hall, but the tiles are pulled up there, too. So they had to find another church. They just sent out postcards. Will people get them? Who knows. I called the people from our side to let them know.

The reception is at a hall - Chateau Briand. I have no idea how many people. I think about 100, which is down from 150 that they originally thought would come. Her father is paying for it. When they got engaged you never saw a man move so fast to book a hall. I guess he wasn't going to let this one slip away.

Melissa's dress is gorgeous. However, it will show all of her awful tattoos. Ugh. She is also a little plump. So plump tattoos.

The veil - I was making one with Swarovski crystals to match the blue accents on the dress. Well, you know what happened to the veil. Gone. She is wearing her mother's veil.

My son's friends are taking him to Atlantic City after the rehearsal dinner. It is at least a 3 hour drive. I am not not not happy about this. Not. But I cannot think of all the awful things that can happen or my head will explode.

This week everything I touch is turning to poop and I'm just waiting to see what thrilling surprises the day holds.
Hope everyone has a much better week and day!

And, yes, May is Quilty Chaos month. Crazy Quilts or Wonky Quilts for those who can't cope with crazy.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 AM

Hey Krystyna..what are you wearing to the wedding? I know you will look ravishing! Please send us a pic or two.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 AM

Linda, pack a little of the energy of yours in my package, will ya? I am up, been up, but had to WORK!!! Taking a break to read, and I sent you the PM. I have been working on your DQ. I hope you like "off the wall", cause I think this one will be just that. I have been working on it since I got the name. Made a piece, then made another and another, then tried to put them all together, ended up cutting up the first piece, still didn't know how I was gonna put them together. Yesterday it hit me. We were talking at work about the walls in my office, that are block filled with foam insulation and painted. How to finish off so they have a little insulation. 2 outside walls (front corner office) LOL. The temperature is uncontrollable, but that is another book. Anyway, I couldn't wait to get home to put this idea on fabric. Done. That part anyway. Now I just have to put all the pieces together. I think it is going to be great. If it is a little too off the wall, please let me know, I can do traditional. Just not liking it these days. Boy, the hints in this little story are there. Almost gives the whole thing away, don't you think? I will need your address, as well my dear brat!! Did I read a hint in there that mine might have a SSue involved? She did seem to be the theme of conversation this month. I know I did some looking at the possibilities. I may or may not have incorporated one of them in yours.
Are we all having fun yet? I am.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 AM

I hope you will create a wonderful album of pictures from the wedding. My daughter got married back 06/07/08, I know that is a while. The dress she helped me pick out and I thought it was beautifu. Til I say the pictures. I holler at her all the time, "how could you let me go to your wedding looking like that"? The dress was not at all flattering to my weight. Of course, maybe there wasn't one out there that would be. Ha!! The bride was beautiful and that is what matted. Please enjoy the wedding and make lots of great memories!!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 AM

Tesspug, your lil Sunbonnet Sue is adorable!

Now, do we need to sign up again if we want to do May 2013? If so, count me in, Krystyna (Do hope the wedding comes off in style despite hardship with the planned church location).

And is theme for May Crazy Quilt or May baskets?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Sent Vanogay's DQ out today you should have by Tues. or Wed. Hope you like it. Like all the DQ that are coming in.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Swap Hosts

I'm wearing a pink hoodie footie. Having anxiety attack now. Just bought a car. Excited to be able to leave the apartment complex, but so nervous about spending money on it. We got a 2005 Scion XB.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM

I just traded in a 2006 scion Xb...it was an excellent car! Never a bit of trouble, you will love it! Great gas mileage and fun car.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 PM

Krystyna,

What the ---- is a hoodie, footie? Whatever it is I hope you will post a pic of it. Did you make it?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 PM

With rabbit ears?
I am sew excited. Decided to make a trip to city and take dh out to eat for his birthday. Ran in toJoannes. Told him i would only be a couple minutes. When i came out he said he was gonna pass out. I was in and out in 5 minutes. Didnt know what i wanted, but knew what i wanted to accomplish. Found the perfect pc for brats dq! So excited i came home and got it almost finished! This pc of fabric has cats on it, among other quilty items. Perfect! Cannot wait to mail. Beautiful quilts everyone!