Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
QCRobin - I found the same thing to be true about black - whats up with that? Kona is usually so easy to work with but the black does seem to be rather ornery.
I agree Paula .... there is something about black .... oh wow it can beat ya up .... but have to give the Amish credit for their work ....... wow........ maybe thats why I love it so much ....
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Krystyna

No luck at Joann's here. Some really pretty raspberry organza, and some black lace printed on tannish-brown, but no champagne cherry blossom. Does this make it your fault that I bought eight other fabrics, a hexagon cutter and a ruler rack while I was there?
Old 08-10-2012, 02:46 PM

LOL Krisb - remember that we volunteered. That's what I say now - we will see what I have to say when i get back.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 PM

I HATE BEING RUSHED~ Ok now I feel better. I went to Post Office to mail a few things, I had no idea that it was almost 5PM. (that is what happens when you are up all night and sleep half the day away) I always go to the Post Office with lots of things to mail, and I like to take my time at their little desk in the back station to get it all right! Well I had to rush, they wanted to go home and start their weekend. So she (the mail lady) took packages out of my hand with a pen and said where does this one go!!! Any way some of my packages are going to arrive with out a single note attached, not even my name on the outside! So if you get a package from someone in SO CAL Mountains~ it was me!

OK Kidding aside, I sent my DQ to NeedleGrammy, and I am sending a nice long note that will go in the mail tomorrow, I am so sorry that I was not better prepared, but I really hope you like it! Can you please take a picture for me. I had my camera with me, but never took the picture!

But on a great note, I am really looking forward to September DQ... Question Can I use Flannel for the backing? I have some most amazing Flannel I got in Fall Colors, would love to use it as a backing, it will Keep the Dolly nice and warm!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Well I finished buslady's quilt tonight. This is my first DQ swap and don't know if I'll do it again. I am such a perfectionist and see every little imperfection. I just fretted over doing this for someone else. You've heard the saying "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." Hopefully Virginia.... there really are no quilt police!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:27 AM

bjolly - please keep playing! There are no quilt police in this group and we love what everyone creates. If it helps- think of this swap as practice to master your skills at both quilting and making friends!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
Krystyna

No luck at Joann's here. Some really pretty raspberry organza, and some black lace printed on tannish-brown, but no champagne cherry blossom. Does this make it your fault that I bought eight other fabrics, a hexagon cutter and a ruler rack while I was there?
Yes, it is entirely my fault!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
But on a great note, I am really looking forward to September DQ... Question Can I use Flannel for the backing? I have some most amazing Flannel I got in Fall Colors, would love to use it as a backing, it will Keep the Dolly nice and warm!
Marybeth, you are hilarious! And yes, flannel is OK.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by bjolly View Post
Well I finished buslady's quilt tonight. This is my first DQ swap and don't know if I'll do it again. I am such a perfectionist and see every little imperfection. I just fretted over doing this for someone else. You've heard the saying "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." Hopefully Virginia.... there really are no quilt police!
Bjolly, oh my goodness! There are NO quilt police allowed in this swap! The quilt anarchists would drive them away, hurling bolts of fabric and rolls of batting -- instead of molotov cocktails and rocks.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:31 AM

Marybeth, I will be on the look out for your DQ...and I will be happy to take pictures.
I am working on your DQ and hopeing to get it in the mail on Monday.
I think Flannel would be lovely on the back of your fall DQ.

[OK Kidding aside, I sent my DQ to NeedleGrammy, and I am sending a nice long note that will go in the mail tomorrow, I am so sorry that I was not better prepared, but I really hope you like it! Can you please take a picture for me. I had my camera with me, but never took the picture!

But on a great note, I am really looking forward to September DQ... Question Can I use Flannel for the backing? I have some most amazing Flannel I got in Fall Colors, would love to use it as a backing, it will Keep the Dolly nice and warm![/QUOTE]

Last edited by Needlegrammy; 08-11-2012 at 06:35 AM.