Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 AM

Did your partner send UPS? I always send and receive in regular mail.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 AM

jillnjo~~ IDK, but i guess i will have to be patient, it will come.
liz22
Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM

Okay everybody - As promised here are some pictures of the wonderful little Amish quilt that Krystyna made for me. I will be hanging it on the wall by my sewing machine for reason to look up and be inspired. I took a couple of close ups to add to the photo you provided Krystyna. The embroidered quilting motifs are just beautiful and so complex! I love the way the colors work so well together too.

Fictional tussles aside, I think your binding is just fine... better than I can do! I have yet to be able to do an attached binding well. I usually (gasp!) turn the backing over the edge, machine stitch it onto the front and use that for the binding. Probably going to be getting pulled over by the quilt police someday soon.

Last night I looked through the Small Quilts book you sent and found at least three that I am now dying to do! Somebody here is going to be getting one someday
Thank you so much Krystyna - it was fun being your partner!
Attached Thumbnails august-2012-amish-quilt-krystyna.jpg   august-2012-amish-quilt-krystyna-4.jpg   august-2012-amish-quilt-krystyna-3.jpg  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 AM

B E A U T I F U L ! I just love every one of them!!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:44 AM

Jillnjo - i cannot get over the perfection of your hand quilting! You must have the patience of a saint! I like how you put it: "I do love to hand quilt. I seldom choose it, though, as it is time consuming. I am too caught up in the spirit of hurrying up and getting to the next idea!"
I bet we all can relate to that!

Ireland Dragon - what a great display! You have your own Mini Quilt Museum starting there! Which two did you make? How tiny must those little pieces on the beautiful log cabin be? I love the beautiful star quilt you made for jillnjo!

I'm glad you all liked the story and thought it was funny. I don't really have a doll room jillnjo - it springs from when I was a kid. My sister and I were convinced our toys had lives of their own at night when we were sleeping and we made up stories about what they did.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
Well, today brought my quilt from IrelandDragonQuilting! It is wonderful-I love the pattern and the bright pop in the colors. Thanks, W.! It will add a lot to my collection.
Wow! I love the colors on this one! Perfect for fall, too!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Liz22 View Post
jillnjo~~ IDK, but i guess i will have to be patient, it will come.
liz22
I'm sure it didn't go via UPS, but USPS MIL since she is in the military and stationed in Germany. Patience! I know it's hard, but you have a terrific partner so sit tight!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Okay everybody - As promised here are some pictures of the wonderful little Amish quilt that Krystyna made for me. I will be hanging it on the wall by my sewing machine for reason to look up and be inspired. I took a couple of close ups to add to the photo you provided Krystyna. The embroidered quilting motifs are just beautiful and so complex! I love the way the colors work so well together too.

Fictional tussles aside, I think your binding is just fine... better than I can do! I have yet to be able to do an attached binding well. I usually (gasp!) turn the backing over the edge, machine stitch it onto the front and use that for the binding. Probably going to be getting pulled over by the quilt police someday soon.

Last night I looked through the Small Quilts book you sent and found at least three that I am now dying to do! Somebody here is going to be getting one someday
Thank you so much Krystyna - it was fun being your partner!
Lara, I'm so glad you liked it. Looking at the closeups, I can see all my "misses" with stitch in the ditch! Arghhhhh!
The quilt was a lot of fun to do ~ I used some of the blocks from the Farmer's Wife Sampler ~ and the Contrary Wife was especially appropos!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Whoops sorry Krystyna - I didn't even notice them... too busy looking at how beautiful everything was! If it makes you feel better you can post close ups of all the stitch in a ditch misses I made on the DQ I made for you too! (Of which I know there were plenty!) I've always thought they should call that technique "drunk in the ditch"!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Received my awesome quilt today from Robin...Thank you so much....even though the picture was taken outside, it doesn't show how pretty and vibrant the true colors are...LOVE IT!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]359060[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 003-640x480-.jpg