Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up for August 2013 Doll Quilt Swap! B&W with a Blast of Color!

Thanks! ​I'm excited!

Sent you PM for August SP

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Well I didn't throw it in the trash, came out pretty cute I think. Hope someone else thinks so too. Just have the binding and hanging sleeve to hand sew and it's done. I'm just about ready to mail

Blog Entries
    jaba, you mean you AUG DQ is almost done??? Geesh! I may decide next month to wait until Sept first
    before letting everyone know what the theme is! !!! lol
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Yup, the black and white with POP! Oh no, don't wait until Sept 1, I need a theme so I can get it done please. I like to get them done so I am ready to mail and my partner doesn't have to wait forever.

If anyone is lacking inspiration for this month's quilt, here are a couple of options - have just finished quilting the green / b&w so you can have a pop fabric with just a little b&w or you can have half/half of each like the second photo.

Now can you see why I am totally into black/white/red/brights together LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

But, Jaba, you don't have my name yet as your August swap partner, heheheheh.

Nice job, Lynnie25, on those little quilts. I think I like the first one the best and then I go but then . . . LOL! I have a question. QuiltingKrazy posted some ideas from 2011 black and white swap. Once we are done with the month's swap, do these posts just go on to infinity. In other words can we look back over the years and go through each month's swap to see what was done? If so, I know what I'm going to be doing come dreary winter days, haha.

Lynnie, great job on both ideas! I can't come to any conclusion for what I want to do for Aug. It's been a long time since I made a traditional style pattern. I am going to look through my old Miniature Quilt magazines and maybe I'll get inspired.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    BertieD, just waiting for QuiltingKrazy to send me your name next week and I'll mail it right out to you!

Blog Entries
    Y'all can just call me "Krazy" if you want.... that's a little shorter than typing the whole name out.. I like simple!

jillnjo..... it doesn't have to be traditional unless that's the route you want to go. Don't stress have fun with it!
    Life it way to short to take to serious.
    Lisa B in NC

Okay, jaba! Will be eagerly awaiting it August 1st. Gee, a whole week to wait!

Just sent my PM. This is my first swap. I can't wait!

Blog Entries
    YEA and WELCOME to Suze9395 for deciding to join us for the fun! Gotcha signed up!
    Lisa B in NC

My daughter createfourpaws talked me into joining in on this swap. Will be a good challenge for me. I will PM info.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou512 View Post
    My daughter createfourpaws talked me into joining in on this swap. Will be a good challenge for me. I will PM info.

Yea and I will help out as needed
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Bertie, I did get the Self Portrait, but I thought it was of me! LOL I am one very lucky lady, you did a great job on that, it never occured to me to use that pattern. And it is on my bucket list!! I think it would be cool to do a swap of some sort where everyone uses that pattern. It would be amazing to see all the different pictures you would get from one pattern. And that pattern comes in several varieties. I found it free on the internet somewhere!! Can't wait to get the names for this month!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Hey Y'all! we are up to 28 swappers for August so far! We have another couple of NEW PEOPLE playing for the first time! YEA! suze9395 and LucyLou512! Welcome aboard! You will have so much fun!

Createfourpaws- you did a great job in convincing your mom to join the fun! OH YEAH.... I FINALLY got your July DQ in the mail today! I'm guessing it should be there by Tuesday-ish!
    Lisa B in NC

Class reunion is over and I finished the wedding quilt so I sent my PM for this swap. I missed you all last month. I have lots of bright color in my stash but hardly any black or white. Guess I'll just have to make a trip into town today.

Buslady, Bertie picture please we like to see all DQ or did I miss it. I've been on and off the board

JuanitaBean, picture in JULY swap posts; thought I was the only one who did this (get confused as to where I'm at, haha)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BertieD View Post
    thought I was the only one who did this (get confused as to where I'm at, haha)
    HA! You are not alone! I'm right there with ya! thus the "Krazy" in my name. I stay Konfuzed!
    Lisa B in NC

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Hey Y'all! we are up to 28 swappers for August so far! We have another couple of NEW PEOPLE playing for the first time! YEA! suze9395 and LucyLou512! Welcome aboard! You will have so much fun!

Createfourpaws- you did a great job in convincing your mom to join the fun! OH YEAH.... I FINALLY got your July DQ in the mail today! I'm guessing it should be there by Tuesday-ish!
    I am sure I will be helping her out but that is ok.

I am still working on your DQ......this one has kicked my back side. I hope you like it . I am liking it.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    sign me up, sent a pm!
    Just passing through!

Blog Entries
    Finished folding my fabric onto boards and placing neatly on shelves in my sewing room. Now I am ready to sew again!! Lots of black and white. Looking for just the right pattern.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast