Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 09-04-2022, 05:41 AM

I am so loving the fabrics you all have chosen! Jayne -- exciting that you are going to be able to retire to a sailboat!!!

Happy Labor Day everyone!
Old 09-04-2022, 11:41 AM

We are now in Alabama! Left yesterday from Wisconsin at 2:15 am and drove straight through stopping only for gas arriving here at 5:30pm. Got the car unpacked and went to bed. This morning we worked outside, the bushes grew over 3 ft (no exaggeration) so we pruned those and the azaleas in the front yard. For the next several days we need to continue to remove the same kind of growth in the rest of the yard. It is crazy hot and humid but at least there is a breeze, in a couple of weeks the weather will be gorgeous...can't wait!

Looking forward to going through my stash of fabric for the swap. I know I have some chrysanthemum fabric in two different color ways, I just need to check the yardage on them. But for now, we are enjoying an adult beverage and some quiet time together.

Cheese
Old 09-04-2022, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

Cheesehead, glad you made it to Alabama in one day. How nice that you have another house to winter in.
Here is the updated list. We have lost one 2 month swapper, leaving us with 7 so far. Would any 3 month swappers like to do both groups, perchance?
The three month group is filling up nicely with two new additions, bringing it to 16. Everyone please check these lists for your names and let me know if I've made a mistake.

2 month swap: 7
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Hav4boys
RebaQuilts
Petthefabric
Lstew2212
Duckling

3 month swap: 16
JaniceMcC
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Bibliostone
Hav4boys
MJPEncinitas
RebaQuilts
Ibex94
Travelinggramma
Petthefabric
Lstew2212
Cheesehead
Marcialee
Klaws
Mosher92
JayneW

Happy Labor Day tomorrow!!
Old 09-04-2022, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

Oh, forgot to say our earlier group will be the Pumpkins and the later group will be Holly. I thought about Pumpkins and Poinsettias, but it's too tedious to type 'pointsettia' as many times as we will have to! So, Holly it is!

Old 09-04-2022, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I've been sitting on the fence, feeling like I really shouldn't be doing any more booms until I get some of the blocks assembled. I had not even taken the blocks out of the bags for the last boom. I had not even made my own block for the group, so got that done so I'd have 20 blocks to work with. Got to sewing and got three tops assembled. For the first I used a set of black/bright swap block and a set of spring pastel blocks (we had to stick to specific colors). These are both from long ago swaps on another board. The other two are from the last boom on this board.
Me too. I love your tops. They all look great. Anna
Old 09-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Hi Anna!!

OK, I just sent out emails to everyone who has signed up. The title of the email is "Boom 28 Swap Shipping". Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you did not get the email. It contains my address to mail to and instructions on how to cut and ship your F8s.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post

OK, I just sent out emails to everyone who has signed up. The title of the email is "Boom 28 Swap Shipping". Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you did not get the email. It contains my address to mail to and instructions on how to cut and ship your F8s.
I read your email. I think the postage is $9.65 not $8.30.
Karen
Old 09-05-2022, 05:17 AM

I’m afraid I came up with the same cost as Klaws. $9.65. Also, I checked the usps website and effective October 2 through the January 22, 2023, there will be a temporary price increase. I’m not sure how much it will be but it does appear to affect our priority packages.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I read your email. I think the postage is $9.65 not $8.30.
Karen

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-05-2022 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:26 AM

The stamp increase is a bit frustrating I just purchased 5 of the priority stamps
Old 09-05-2022, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

I will be shipping with PirateShip because they offer discounted rates. As of today, the padded USPS bag is $8.30 with them. If the rates go up in the middle of our swap, I suppose I will need to ask you to send a little more when you return your blocks. We'll see....

Hey, didn't you all read the first post, where I told you I would be using a discounted rate? BUSTED.

If you round up, I will take that to mean that you want to donate to the ink fund.